Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
GRANDMOMMY17
Earning My Ears

Golf in Cabo

Has anyone ever done the golf excursion in Cabo. My husband would love to play this course. He is wondering if they rent clubs. The last couple of time he brought his own they were damaged, (and he has a hard case). Any feedback on this excursion would be appreciated. Also is there a golf pro onboard the Wonder?
GRANDMOMMY17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
GRANDMOMMY17
Earning My Ears

Still looking for golf info

I am stilll looking for info on the golf excursion for Cabo on the Wonder. Is their a pro onboard?
Do they rent clubs?
And anyother feedback. There is little info other than cost on the exursion sign up page.
Thanking you in advance.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDMOMMY17 View Post
I am stilll looking for info on the golf excursion for Cabo on the Wonder. Is their a pro onboard?
Do they rent clubs?
And anyother feedback. There is little info other than cost on the exursion sign up page.
Thanking you in advance.

Do you mean the Cabo del Sol Golf?

AFAIK, there isn't a golf pro onboard the ship, or do they rent clubs.

This is copied from the DCL website (Port Adventures/Cabo San Lucas/Cabo del Sol Golf)

Cabo del Sol Golf
Activity Type: Signature Collection and Active Adventures
Activity Level: ModerateHelp
Duration: 6.5 to 7 Hours
Adult Price: $299 (ages 10 and up)
Ages: 10 And Up

On this tour you will:
Take an approximate 30-minute drive to the Desert Course at Cabo del Sol. Note: The price of this excursion includes golf cart, unlimited range balls and greens fees. Clubs are available for rent at an additional cost; however, shoe rentals and caddies are not available. Golf attire is required at Cabo del Sol: Polo shirts, shorts/skirts or pants, and golf shoes or sneakers are required.

Boasting traditional bunkers, expansive greens, wide fairways and spectacular ocean views from every hole, the 7,097-yard, par 72 Desert Course, designed by Tom Weiskopf, promises an unforgettable round of golf from beginning to end.
Following your game, wind down in the clubhouse, the first and only full-service clubhouse in the Los Cabos area. Note: Food and beverages, although not included, are available for purchase.
Travel back to the pier.

Important Additional Information
Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted.
Guests are encouraged to bring cash or credit cards to purchase optional extras, such as souvenirs.
Due to limited availability, Guests are encouraged to book early.
You should never feel that gratuities are expected from you. However, it is customary to leave a gratuity in recognition of service at restaurants, for taxis, and for exceptional excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you as to what you feel is appropriate.

Does that help?

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
GRANDMOMMY17
Earning My Ears

thank you for the info. On Carnival my husband could rent his clubs from the ship and there is a pro onboard who goes out with you. He always enjoy getting tips from the pro about his game. They also have a simulator on board, which is sort of playing a round of golf on a ship. A novel concept. He has always wanted to play this course, but hasn't because of the price. I told him to go ahead and cross it off his bucket list this time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: