Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
onemaybaby
Mouseketeer

Magic (carribbean) or Wonder (Mexican)

I am sorry for the abundance of questions today! I am planning an unexpected last minute vacation in late November or early December and I am feeling the pressure to book something. I was about to just take the risk and book the Magic out of Galveston but I have just noticed that the Wonder out of LAX for the Mexican cruise is also the same price. It would cost me a bit more in airfare (about $100 each) but cruising price is the same. I have not had a chance to look at what the cost of transfers for the Wonder would cost from airport to hotel or port.
What is the preference between the two ships? Is the weather warmer on one cruise than the other at this time of year? Is one cruise expected to be less crowded than another?

What are your thoughts? I am hoping to book something today so I can just start planning THAT cruise and stop changing my mind
Old 09-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemaybaby View Post
I am sorry for the abundance of questions today! I am planning an unexpected last minute vacation in late November or early December and I am feeling the pressure to book something. I was about to just take the risk and book the Magic out of Galveston but I have just noticed that the Wonder out of LAX for the Mexican cruise is also the same price. It would cost me a bit more in airfare (about $100 each) but cruising price is the same. I have not had a chance to look at what the cost of transfers for the Wonder would cost from airport to hotel or port.
What is the preference between the two ships? Is the weather warmer on one cruise than the other at this time of year? Is one cruise expected to be less crowded than another?

What are your thoughts? I am hoping to book something today so I can just start planning THAT cruise and stop changing my mind
Another thought to add to the mix: the Wonder most likely will not be doing the MR again (or at least in the forseeable future). So, if you're interested in that, now would be the time.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The ships are basically the same except for some decor...so no help in choosing there.

Unless you have a desire to to the Mex now, I'd save the airfare and be Magical.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
tajz90
Mama D

Galveston over MR.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Belle4
Mouseketeer

For me it would come down to the itinerary since the ships are very similar. Where would you rather go?
Belle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
onemaybaby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle4
For me it would come down to the itinerary since the ships are very similar. Where would you rather go?
I'd probably rather do the Magical, as it goes to grand cayman and costa maya and Cozumel. We do all inclusive quite often and usually Mexico is an option for us price wise, whereas grand cayman is not.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: