Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Frequency Changes throughout the year. Dh and his buddies get together during football season to watch the Eagles. Locations change, some times they'll go to a sports bar, some times it's at each others house. During the summer they try and get together for golf but since most of them work some type of 24/7 shift job it's a little harder.

Once a year he goes on a fishing trip, takes our sons with him, so I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE it. I usually do some serious "gal" time. wished they do it twice a year.

He's got great friends, like each and every one.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #17
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

It varies. Today he was gone most of the day with a couple of his friends to a gun show.

Every couple of weeks they get together and have breakfast or lunch and use the indoor shooting range.

He has some friends that he's known since kindergarten (he's two years from retirement) and every yeat they get together for a kayaking, camping, fishing trip for a week.

I like all his friends.
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #18
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

He doesn't go anywhere with them very often. There is one that he goes with to a movie when something comes out that they both want to see and I don't. We get together with that friend and his family to watch football games a few times a year, and sometimes for the 4th of July. He's has gone to an Ohio State Game with that friend and 2 others, but that was a one-time thing after they helped one of the other friends move. I don't mind when he does things with his friends, but he prefers to do things with us when he has time off.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

The frequency changes from year to year. It all depends on what's going on in the guys lives.
I have noticed that since my DH no longer drinks and drives, he doesn't go out to meet them as much. They usually would meet in a bar and he says it's no fun if he can't drink.

I've never met most of them. They are mostly unmarried except for 2. They don't come over to our house to hang out but then we are in the suburbs and they live in the city.

I know the wives of the 2 that are married but we don't hang out - same issue with city vs. suburbs. Maybe two or 3 times a year one of us will have a BBQ and then the families will get together.

He does have some friends that he travels with too. They'll go to model kit type shows together. I've met 2 of them and find them to be - um - different? I guess I don't know how to describe them.

Connie

WDW: 15 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: AKL, BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimR View Post
DH is very social so he goes out with his friends several times a week. I've never met most of them, but I do like the few that I have met. Now that I think I about it, I don't think he's ever had a friend I didn't like. Then again, I'm fairly easygoing and there aren't many people I don't like.
DH had one friend who I cannot stand. I'm very easy going also and it takes a lot for me not to like someone. Of course, this guy did not like me and that made my feelings worse towards him. He did not think I was "good enough" for DH plus, I cut his wife's hair off short because she asked me too and he hates short hair. All this happened before I met the guy but he held it against me.

He was even in our wedding. Ugh. They moved years ago and thankfully I have never had to see him again--only read those braggy Christmas cards.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #21
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

DH hasn't done it in a while but he used to get together with his friends and play cards. He also enjoyed having a beer or two from time to time.

I generally like them. One guy is kind of a jerk but even DH says that.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
Trish.Glenn
Mouseketeer

Never but I wish he would. He is not very social, great to me and our daughter but....kinda geeky! Lol! But he is great to me so if he wants to stay home who am I to complain!
2001 - Disney Cruise (Eastern)
2003 - Disney Cruise (Western)
2006 - Off property
2008 - Off property
2009 - Off property
2011 - Coronado
2012 - Pop
Trish.Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
DeaverTex
Smelling like a horse doesn't make you a cavalryman
I'd wear a pair. I might even be able to get Mrs. Tex to wear some
I need to provide sufficient background in every post to make sense

Mrs. Tex told me to answer for her. (She reads over my shoulder sometimes.)

Never, and yes.

Deaver Tex Mrs. Tex Tex Jr.

7-10 October 2012 - POR
Nothing else planned right now.

DeaverTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #24
dyna
DIS Veteran

NO In 37 yrs he's been out maybe 6 times without me.

No I have not always liked all his friends. A good part of the time I wished he'd go without me but then I also seen what happened there sometimes an was glad to be invited.

In other words the Sons of Anachey show is not fake it is VERY REAL! All the way back to the 1 or 2nd season when the 1 traded vehicles with his wife an she got shot an killed. He never saw it comming an had no idea who an why! NOR did my DH but I did see it comin an knew why.
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #25
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

I really like all of DH's friends. They don't get to hang out much because of shift work. Usually during football season they try to have a few get togethers ( usually at our home).
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
NO In 37 yrs he's been out maybe 6 times without me.

No I have not always liked all his friends. A good part of the time I wished he'd go without me but then I also seen what happened there sometimes an was glad to be invited.

In other words the Sons of Anachey show is not fake it is VERY REAL! All the way back to the 1 or 2nd season when the 1 traded vehicles with his wife an she got shot an killed. He never saw it comming an had no idea who an why! NOR did my DH but I did see it comin an knew why.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #27
ChiCat
DIS Veteran

He has a friend that he goes out to lunch with that I don't really care for (long story). His best friend lives out of state and from what I know he's a nice enough guy.

I wish DH had more friends and went out more because I have a lot of friends and I go out way more than him. He does play sports pretty much year around so that serves as a social outlet for him, and occasionally they do dinner/drinks after work with his coworkers.

CBR 9/2011
best trip so far 12/2013
ChiCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #28
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCat View Post
He has a friend that he goes out to lunch with that I don't really care for (long story). His best friend lives out of state and from what I know he's a nice enough guy.

I wish DH had more friends and went out more because I have a lot of friends and I go out way more than him. He does play sports pretty much year around so that serves as a social outlet for him, and occasionally they do dinner/drinks after work with his coworkers.
My husband feels the same way that you do, but I am thrilled that he goes out and has a good time with his friends. I am not social at all and I'd feel terrible if he stayed home just because I don't like to socialize. He NEEDS to be around in people in the same way that I can't be around people, so as long as he doesn't expect me to accompany him to social events, I'm happy for him to go. I'm guessing your husband might feel the same way.

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
KimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #29
Bungle
DIS Veteran

My husband is very social and has a lot of people he'll go golf, play soccer, watch a game, or have a beer with. I think it is healthy and enjoy the alone time honestly. I like most of his friends but even if I didn't it wouldn't matter because they are his friends not mine.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #30
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
I thought the same thing. ???
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: