Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #61
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Some couples take home a "little souvenir" from the cruise. They're even advertised in a t.v. commercial. They take about 9 mos for delivery.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #62
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Some couples take home a "little souvenir" from the cruise. They're even advertised in a t.v. commercial. They take about 9 mos for delivery.
Those aren't free though

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #63
jmrbc9900
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ
Brought one home from the Polynesian about 3 years ago . And trust me - very expensive due to being the female version

Last edited by jmrbc9900; 09-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.
jmrbc9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #64
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Quote:
So true! We were lucky enough to get twin grandchildren souvenirs 7 years ago.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #65
postalchick71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We got our souvenir in Vegas. Not everything stays there evidently
2011-7 Night Magic(Western)
2012-7 Night Magic(Western)
2013-March 24 Dream
2014-April 12 Fantasy
postalchick71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #66
chateau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalchick71 View Post
We got our souvenir in Vegas. Not everything stays there evidently
THAT is VERY funny!
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #67
jeffann6
Earning My Ears

Come on Really??????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cond1108 View Post
Are there any free souveniers you get on your cruise like magnets or something? Also will the employees notice anything if you take a towel for souvenier or any of the books or whatever is on the desk in your room?

Need to take the towels??????
jeffann6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #68
lilouisianagal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
Your thought process began with "I". Though the boards are all about opinions, try to realize not everyone has had the same life you've had and socially judging them does not serve to change the behavior with which you disagree.
Chateau...can you explain the life experience where you will pay for a Disney cruise $$$$ but be willing to try to steal towels??

DisneyLand Hotel 1988 Carribean Beach 1992, 1995, 2006, 2007 , 2009 Dixie Landings 1997, 1999Port Orleans 2002 Off Site: MissionAir 2004 Disney Cruise Line (Honeymoon on the Wonder): May 24-28, 2009 Pop Century 2011 Disney Cruise Line: May 27- June 1, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort 2013
lilouisianagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #69
lilouisianagal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
I like to "stock up" on tea bags from the drink stations. You can also take home extra soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and even the remainder of your toilet paper and tissue box. Others have mentioned DCL pens, stationary, post cards that come in your room.

Enjoy your cruise!
Can't say I've ever thought of taking the tissue box or toilet paper!

DisneyLand Hotel 1988 Carribean Beach 1992, 1995, 2006, 2007 , 2009 Dixie Landings 1997, 1999Port Orleans 2002 Off Site: MissionAir 2004 Disney Cruise Line (Honeymoon on the Wonder): May 24-28, 2009 Pop Century 2011 Disney Cruise Line: May 27- June 1, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort 2013
lilouisianagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #70
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilouisianagal View Post
Can't say I've ever thought of taking the tissue box or toilet paper!
Guilty! I'm not proud, but I took a half-empty box of tissues from a hotel once when I had a cold. We were on a car trip and they sure came in handy. I especially like the fact that the tissues are a different color when the box is running out.

Now I feel bad. But it's a good thing I don't know how to dismantle the tissue dispenser on the Dream. I might be tempted to bring home a souvenir box of DCL tissues.......
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #71
chateau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilouisianagal View Post
Chateau...can you explain the life experience where you will pay for a Disney cruise $$$$ but be willing to try to steal towels??
You would have to be a study in psychology, combined with an understanding of someone's life, through communicating from them... too long to explain in a short thread. In a nutshell, as I stated prior, it's not necessarily about ''affording.'' Winona Rider is a potential example (not knowing details of her theft case, but knowing she could afford clothing). But that's not what the OP's question was, nor this thread was about. Everyone remained respectful in a thread that may have become a hot topic, and potentially closed or penalties passed out (I didn't see anyone's comments disappear). THAT is great!!!
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #72
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
You would have to be a study in psychology, combined with an understanding of someone's life, through communicating from them... too long to explain in a short thread. In a nutshell, as I stated prior, it's not necessarily about ''affording.'' Winona Rider is a potential example (not knowing details of her theft case, but knowing she could afford clothing). But that's not what the OP's question was, nor this thread was about. Everyone remained respectful in a thread that may have become a hot topic, and potentially closed or penalties passed out (I didn't see anyone's comments disappear). THAT is great!!!
I see where you are coming from now. And it sort of helps me see how the OP would not look at taking a towel or two as stealing. You have a very good point.
To the OP, or any one else, I made a great shadow box after our cruise and included things like the pin we got from the wine tastings, the just married buttons they gave us, our KTTW cards and other "free" things. I think my favorite souvenirs were things that were "free". There are things that are no extra cost if you look for them. They just don't include the towels.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:29 AM   #73
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

We were on the MV of the Dream and took the laundry bag but was fully aware we'd be charged for it. Funnily enough it's sat gathering dust since then.
Turning the question around a little ..... If you were ALLOWED to take one thing from the ship, what would it be? Rule is, it must fit into a standard suitcase so no choosing statues!! For me, it'd be the body butter still .. I know it's lotion now so I'd change it back to butter and take boxes of the stuff!!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015

Last edited by bats; 09-30-2012 at 04:42 AM.
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #74
sunita35
Earning My Ears

We went to the dvc meeting and got a nice organizer!! Leather style. and a free bag with a picture of walt and his wife. and stickers from dvc. there were also nice posters of pirate mickey! and we had a painting of the ship signed by the captain! And mickey and friends. we were in the fish extender group. there were gifts stolen! I don't understand why people pay a lot of money for a cruise and then just steal from others also! I asked the waiter if i could take the menu from pirates night he said you can i won't stop you... but i chickened out haha.. just made some close up pictures of it.
sunita35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #75
pdwimmer
DIS Veteran

My free souvenirs... The smiles on the kids faces, my husband actually relaxing for a few days, me not yelling at the kids, asking those around us to write down a special memory from the cruise and where they are from in our autograph book. We saved the kids menus from the restaurants that they drew on as well. There's so much that you can take away and never forget.

Everyone else, relax. The OP wasn't asking about stealing things.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: