Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Cond1108
Earning My Ears

Any Free souveniers on the dream?

Are there any free souveniers you get on your cruise like magnets or something? Also will the employees notice anything if you take a towel for souvenier or any of the books or whatever is on the desk in your room?
Cond1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cond1108 View Post
Are there any free souveniers you get on your cruise like magnets or something? Also will the employees notice anything if you take a towel for souvenier or any of the books or whatever is on the desk in your room?
While the cruisefare is inclusive of a lot of things (meals, sodas at the drink station, shows) taking the towels and such are not part of what you already paid for. There will be extra charges for those things. If you're DVC, you'll get a magnet on your door. Sometimes (on Pirate night) we've gotten temporary tattoos from the DVC desk.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Folks even try to take the cloth laundry bag from the closet and are surprised when their shipboard account is charged $10.00. Don't take the towels, books or laundry bag, you will be charged. Inventory is taken after each guest leaves the cabin.

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cond1108 View Post
First, don't steal.

Second, even if you do, all you are getting is a plain white bath towel. Nothing special IIRC. The only book I remember in the room was the book with the room service menu and ship info. What would you even do with that? There were a few postcards in the drawer you can have.

Third, don't steal.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
clten
DIS Veteran

The towels are purposely plain white with no cruise line logo on it -- because too many people would take that as souvenier. There is one book in the room but please leave it there -- it has the room service menu and other information and we have been in rooms where it was missing and it was difficult to get another copy. So while some family had a book they stashed away and probably never looked at (it's mostly ads anyway), we and I'm sure several families after us in the same staterooms didn't have the information that was in there.

There are a couple of postcards in the desk. If you really need something free -- take them. But generally, this is Disney. They don't like giving anything away.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Really? You think a bunch of DCL lovers will condone stealing?

In the desk there are usually 2 postcards. There used to be a couple sheets of letter writing paper. You can have these....and any soap or shampoo/conditioner that is left in your container. As noted, DVC members will get a magnet on their door. Anyone can stop by the DVC desk on pirate night for a free temporary tattoo. And at the end of the cruise they will slide a free sheet of paper under your door, but it has a bunch of printing on it!

As others have noted, you will be charged for anything that is missing from your stateroom. The decorative pillow on your bed can be purchased in the gift shop for $200!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Postcards in the desk (which I really like...love the look of them), and on Pirate Night you will each receive a bandana. The bandanas are red, say "Pirates In The Caribbean" and have Pirate Mickey on them.

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
luvdamouse91
DIS Veteran

You are also given a tube of nice shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. They come with the room. Sometimes, if you ask nicely, you can extras from the stateroom host.

DCL (Wonder): 1/2000 (Bahamas), WBPC 5/2015
DCL (Magic): 1/2003 (E), 12/2007 (W),5/2009 (W),9/2010 (WBTA), 9/2012 (NY-CAN),11/2013, WBTA 2014
DCL (Dream): 5/2011 (B2B), 12/2011, 11/2014
DCL (Fantasy): 12/2012 (W)
HAL (DVC/Alaska/Zuiderdam): 5/2004
RCL (Serenade): 10/2011
luvdamouse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
chrissydeon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
First, don't steal.

Second, even if you do, all you are getting is a plain white bath towel. Nothing special IIRC. The only book I remember in the room was the book with the room service menu and ship info. What would you even do with that? There were a few postcards in the drawer you can have.

Third, don't steal.
EXACTLY what I was thinking!!
chrissydeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
mcroadman
Mouseketeer

souveniers

Well.. What about the tv?
.. It's smaller than mine!

Magic out of Galveston! Oct. 6, 2012
WHAT AN EXCELLENT TRIP!
::
mcroadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
zacaronius
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdamouse91 View Post
You are also given a tube of nice shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. They come with the room. Sometimes, if you ask nicely, you can extras from the stateroom host.
Agreed with everyone else... Don't steal anything from the room, it will cost you! On our first cruise the stateroom host gave us an extra tube of lotion during the middle of the cruise after it was mentioned how much my DW liked it, and on our last night she put a complete set of shampoo, conditioner and lotion on the bed for us to take home. It is really nice stuff!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #12
starch139
aka starch1

You are free to take as many memories as you like but you must pay for everything else! Do guests come to your house and take things? If they do you need to find new guests!
starch139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

There's usually a pen in the drawer that you can take, too. Oh, and for anyone who loved the adorable butter knife in Animator's Pallette, they're for sale now!

BoosGram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
Cond1108
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram
There's usually a pen in the drawer that you can take, too. Oh, and for anyone who loved the adorable butter knife in Animator's Pallette, they're for sale now!
Well I'm not a bad guy that steals all the time but I do like using every dollar I pay for on vacation, but do they check your luggage when you leave like how do they know??
Cond1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cond1108

Well I'm not a bad guy that steals all the time but I do like using every dollar I pay for on vacation, but do they check your luggage when you leave like how do they know??
You paid for your room, meals and some entertainment. Not towels or anything else. They know because they do inventory at the end of each cruise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: