Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
nana50
DIS Veteran

Mini Disney Report

I was at Disneyland for just one day yesterday and had a great time. Since we live in San Diego we can go back.

This was my four year old's second trip. This time they were soooo excited. They know all the characters now. They had an autograph book each and were ready to meet all their favorite characters. We didn't do Carsland because of time constraints. Next time.

We arrived at DLH about 3:30. We checked in quickly and from the person who greeted us at the curb, to the front desk, they were so nice and so helpful. I felt really welcomed. We had (what I thought)was a great room. 7th floor, Adventure tower, overlooking Downtown Disney. I prefer the pool, but everyone raves about this view. I was not impressed. I loved the room though. We had two queen beds and a sofa. Lots of room for 3 high energy kids. Especially the twin boys. We ooohed and awed over the room and nice touches and put on our suits. Then down to the pool we went.

We spent the rest of the time until dinner in the great pools. The kids loved it of course. It wasn't too busy either. So far, so good. Dinner time came and I had already found out that the Rainforest Cafe was booked until 9:30. So we checked out Tangora terrace. Not really vegetarian friendly. The kids love plain pasta Oh well. We headed out to Downtown Disney and thought we would just check the Rainforest cafe. Hurrah they had outdoor patio dining for us right away. Had a nice dinner, the kids loved it. I had the thin crust pizza and it was o.k., just way too much for one person.

We headed back to the hotel and settled in for the evening. Just a warning. If you have young kids and they go to bed before 9:30 (our went at 7:30) there is a band playing DTD. They are loud. I was not happy. Thankfully my daughter brought a "white noise" machine and that helped cover it. Lesson learned. Pool view is better for us.

Next morning we were up early to get in at 9:00 so we had room service and everything was perfect and was enjoyed by all. I had eggs, potatoes and the kids had croissants and pancakes. My boring daughter had ....oatmeal.

We headed over to the park about 8:30. We didn't take the monarail since it was a 30 minute wait. There was quite a line waiting to get in, but not a problem. We were heading over to Peter Pan but got waylaid by Minnie Mouse. The boys HAD to get her autograph. So by the time we got to PP there was a long line. So we went on Dumbo instead. I went and bought the boys to Mickey Mouse ear hats with Jack Skellington on it. They loved them. the park is decorated for Halloween but not as much as it has been in previous years, or maybe I just remember it differently.

The day was not bad, not too crowded and the longest wait for the big rides was about 25 minutes. We did Thunder Mountain, haunted Mansion (no wait when we went) Pirates, small world, toon town, met some more charcters, and got around all day without crowds. It wasn't "February slow" but good enough.

We had lunch at Canation plaza. It was fine. It was Disneyland food.The fruit salad was nice and fresh and the fruit was tasty. The chocolate cake was good too.

We left about 5:30. The 9 year old was the most tired with me next. The boys of course were still fine. I think one of their favorite things was Tom Sawyer's Island. They had a ball over there and were able to get some energy out.

All in all a pretty nice day. The cast members really went out of their way to make sure we had fun and everything we needed. Can hardly wait to go back
Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

sounds like a fun day - my DD would love that Jack Skellington hat!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: