Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #46
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
I know my DD would like having her private bathroom ... she would probably commandeer it and tell her brother to use ours!
Sam would stick her bro on the chair too wouldn't she

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Which is it going to be? Two one-bedrooms...one BLV and one MKV?
MLK 1 BR, DH can have a BLV studio Although that BLV Love it!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #47
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice to see you over here, Janet

We didn't use the fire pit. DD and I tried the slide and it was a good one, but the pool did feel rather small and crowded compared with CR. I loved the beach area though - very peaceful. DD and I really don't like crowds, so the shores of Bay Lake is our preferred location

My WDW crystal ball is a little fuzzy now and can't seem to accurately predict my WDW resort future. I may need to get back to you on that.

When were you thinking about a BLT stay? Have you stayed at other villas?
Kook, we have stayed at Kidani, VWL and OKW, and liked them both. I want to "wow" both DH and DS so they want to return more often. Believe they will both like the contemporary look of BLT, but also really like AKV when we stayed there last year; and VWL ... so many choices!! And SAB looks fabulous!! What to do, what to do ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sam would stick her bro on the chair too wouldn't she
I almost posted that!! Yes, her 6'1" bro would get relegated to the chair!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 10-03-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #48
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Kook, we have stayed at Kidani, VWL and OKW, and liked them both. I want to "wow" both DH and DS so they want to return more often. Believe they will both like the contemporary look of BLT, but also really like AKV when we stayed there last year; and VWL ... so many choices!! And SAB looks fabulous!! What to do, what to do ....
I think that BLT would have that effect on your family. For my family, DH and DD want to return because it's so roomy and comfortable, they love the decor and looking out at Bay Lake. We also love the CR so the location (walk to the MK) and amenities (health club, dining, beach) work well for us. What I wasn't so sure about before our stay was not having a CL and I was worried about the room condition. As it turned out, not staying CL wasn't a problem at all, in fact DH claims he prefers paying a little more for BLT than a regular CL room. And, our room was in great condition and housekeeping was excellent.

I think you should give it a try, unless your family dislikes the CR, I think they'll love BLT.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #49
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I almost posted that!! Yes, her 6'1" bro would get relegated to the chair!!
Kinda figured she'd muscle him out of the couch

BCV kinda needs a makeover, we stayed there awhile ago, and DH wasn't thrilled..it was Feb too so we didn't make use of SAB much...I loved AKV too....the decisions...hey would we fit in a Grand Villa

Oh wait, that would totally freak your boys out....my kiddos are nuts..BUT maybe we could hypnotize them with the BLV
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #50
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
BCV kinda needs a makeover, we stayed there awhile ago, and DH wasn't thrilled..it was Feb too so we didn't make use of SAB much...I loved AKV too....the decisions...hey would we fit in a Grand Villa

Oh wait, that would totally freak your boys out....my kiddos are nuts..BUT maybe we could hypnotize them with the BLV
BLT is fresh and still new (just 3 years old). All the room appointments are very sleek and modern and no bedspreads like BCV. In fact, the king bed was the best I've slept in at WDW - the CR previously held that spot. It's a must-book (and keep).
Old 10-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #51
disneymomjcs
DIS Veteran

Loved all the pictures. I can't wait to stay here in December. I was never interested until we just spent five days at the Contemporary in August. Then we moved to six days at Old Key West then 7 days at Animal Kindgom. The convenience we just loved it and it was so much easier as our daughter was in a wheelchair for the trip. We are resort hopping in December again. But were able to snag three nights at BLT and two more if the waitlist come through.

Thanks for the picture journey
disneymomjcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #52
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomjcs View Post
Loved all the pictures. I can't wait to stay here in December. I was never interested until we just spent five days at the Contemporary in August. Then we moved to six days at Old Key West then 7 days at Animal Kindgom. The convenience we just loved it and it was so much easier as our daughter was in a wheelchair for the trip. We are resort hopping in December again. But were able to snag three nights at BLT and two more if the waitlist come through.

Thanks for the picture journey
You're welcome and I hope you wait listing comes through. Isn't it great being able to just walk to the MK or hop on the monorail? I hope your DD won't be in a wheelchair on your next trip. Happy resort hopping!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #53
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No, I'll never buy DVC or use points because we've been very fortunate to be able to use the military room-only 40% off discount for years and/or the AP discounts, and it includes housekeeping when we book with cash. Besides applying discounts, we prefer the flexibility of booking different resorts and not paying any other fees. For us, cash works best, but I don't begrudge others who prefer using points. It's great having so many great options when staying at WDW

I posted my August WL review a few weeks ago and put the link in my signature. It's located here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987881

Don't feel bad about not pushing for your request. Traveling takes a lot out of you and sometimes it's better to just get settled and relax ASAP. I can't recall from your review if you said you'd stay at BLT again? If so, maybe next time you'll get an outer villa. Is BWI still your favorite resort?
I haven't been around too much lately, so this was from a little bit back. yeah, I can understand your reasons for not buying DVC. For us, part of the rationale was that the discounts my go away or lessen significantly eventually, but I would think the military discounts would be the last to go, so you should be good for a while. (And of course thanks to your family for your service!)

Even though we've bee going to WDW two or three times a year recently, we haven't added on more points for the same reasons you gave a well.

As for BLT, I wanted to stay there ever since it opened (maybe the male Shiny New Toy syndrome), and I was really glad we did stay. I would stay there again, but I think my wife liked it a bit less than I did. The BW is definitely still both of our favorites, though. Looking forward to our November trip to BWV. And after a Boma visit on our last trip, we've decided on AKL Club for April. After seeing your WL report, it makes me tempted to try there, but we had a really bad lunch at WCC in the spring, and the one time we tried AP we didn't like it that much, so not liking the on site restaurants is a big deterrent. That lobby and view from your room, incredible.

I still have a soft spot for the GF as well, so I can see us maybe trying the VGF at some point, or staying there cash again. The king turret room was one of my favorites.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #54
disneymomjcs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're welcome and I hope you wait listing comes through. Isn't it great being able to just walk to the MK or hop on the monorail? I hope your DD won't be in a wheelchair on your next trip. Happy resort hopping!
She is doing great out of her leg brace and finally went back to dancing last week. So the wheelchair and crutches and in the crawlspace thank goodness collecting dust. The wheelchair was advised by orthopedic due to the excessive amount of walking. So I purchased for a 17 day trip it was worth the money and being able to use it from bus back to room for long hauls.

Best resort ever especially with a wheelchair.....we loved walking back to the resort and not having the hassle of the bus. Everytime we rode the bus after we moved resorts.....we would look and say our room was there or I wish we could walk back... I keep checking the dvc site like....everyday.
disneymomjcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #55
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Our 7 month window is almost here for our upcoming trip. We are currently booked at our Home Resort, AKV - Kidani - One Bedroom Savanna View. Which we love

We are attempting to book one week at the BCV in a One Bedroom & one week at BLT One Bedroom Lake View for June 2013.

I am going crazy not knowing if we can get either of our choices. I have to wait. It will be fine to stay at AKV - Kidani again but we have been there twice both savanna view a studio and one bedroom.

We would have stayed at BLT in a studio. It was wonderful and we loved it.

Thank you for the Pictures of the One Bedroom Lake View at BLT. I really hope we get it.

BTW - Our DD 11 loves the sleeper chair she also says it is very comfortable. She doesn't have to sleep with her brother on the queen sleeper, he also says is very comfortable. Our kids are small DD 11 is 4'4" 67 pounds & DS 15 is 4' 11"& 90 pounds. I need to lay down on that sleeper chair next year.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #56
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I haven't been around too much lately, so this was from a little bit back. yeah, I can understand your reasons for not buying DVC. For us, part of the rationale was that the discounts my go away or lessen significantly eventually, but I would think the military discounts would be the last to go, so you should be good for a while. (And of course thanks to your family for your service!)

Even though we've bee going to WDW two or three times a year recently, we haven't added on more points for the same reasons you gave a well.

As for BLT, I wanted to stay there ever since it opened (maybe the male Shiny New Toy syndrome), and I was really glad we did stay. I would stay there again, but I think my wife liked it a bit less than I did. The BW is definitely still both of our favorites, though. Looking forward to our November trip to BWV. And after a Boma visit on our last trip, we've decided on AKL Club for April. After seeing your WL report, it makes me tempted to try there, but we had a really bad lunch at WCC in the spring, and the one time we tried AP we didn't like it that much, so not liking the on site restaurants is a big deterrent. That lobby and view from your room, incredible.

I still have a soft spot for the GF as well, so I can see us maybe trying the VGF at some point, or staying there cash again. The king turret room was one of my favorites.
I know what you mean about BLT. When it first opened and all those photos were finally appearing of the interior, we thought it looked amazing. I booked it for 2010 but then DH got deployed to AFG so I canceled and booked CL rooms for DD and I. 2011 rolled around and I got nervous about booking because of some bad reviews regarding the room condition and we thought we'd miss CL too much. I'm so glad we finally tried it in 2012 - we loved it.

BTW, I noticed how you've already pre-named the GF DVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomjcs View Post
She is doing great out of her leg brace and finally went back to dancing last week. So the wheelchair and crutches and in the crawlspace thank goodness collecting dust. The wheelchair was advised by orthopedic due to the excessive amount of walking. So I purchased for a 17 day trip it was worth the money and being able to use it from bus back to room for long hauls.

Best resort ever especially with a wheelchair.....we loved walking back to the resort and not having the hassle of the bus. Everytime we rode the bus after we moved resorts.....we would look and say our room was there or I wish we could walk back... I keep checking the dvc site like....everyday.
At least you can check online and don't have to call, don't give up hope

If DD is dancing, all is getting much better. kids are tough and resilient, aren't they? I hope those crutches and wheelchair keep collecting lots of dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Our 7 month window is almost here for our upcoming trip. We are currently booked at our Home Resort, AKV - Kidani - One Bedroom Savanna View. Which we love

We are attempting to book one week at the BCV in a One Bedroom & one week at BLT One Bedroom Lake View for June 2013.

I am going crazy not knowing if we can get either of our choices. I have to wait. It will be fine to stay at AKV - Kidani again but we have been there twice both savanna view a studio and one bedroom.

We would have stayed at BLT in a studio. It was wonderful and we loved it.

Thank you for the Pictures of the One Bedroom Lake View at BLT. I really hope we get it.

BTW - Our DD 11 loves the sleeper chair she also says it is very comfortable. She doesn't have to sleep with her brother on the queen sleeper, he also says is very comfortable. Our kids are small DD 11 is 4'4" 67 pounds & DS 15 is 4' 11"& 90 pounds. I need to lay down on that sleeper chair next year.

I hope you get it, too.

Thanks for reporting about the sleeper chair as I'm sure others wonder if it's comfortable and thanks for also mentioning DD's stats (she'd be lost in the king bed). I'm sure there's a height threshold at which the chair just isn't doable.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #57
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

I'm a little late to this party .... just wanted to say WOW -- those are really fantastic pictures!! What a great "tour" thru your pics! Thanks!!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #58
WDWKOOK

OK BLT experts, where can you find this Hidden Mickey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
I'm a little late to this party .... just wanted to say WOW -- those are really fantastic pictures!! What a great "tour" thru your pics! Thanks!!

Naaa, you are fashionably late

Have you stayed at BLT or are you considering it?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #59
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK BLT experts, where can you find this Hidden Mickey?

Is that the ac return?

Great review and pictures! Thanks for sharing! I own DVC at BLT and love it there! I enjoy seeing other's pictures, makes me feel "at home"

BLTtinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #60
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Is that the ac return?

Great review and pictures! Thanks for sharing! I own DVC at BLT and love it there! I enjoy seeing other's pictures, makes me feel "at home"

Nope, but I made this a little harder by cropping out a detail that might have given it away...

When is your next stay at BLT?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: