Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics!!!
Butterflygirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
lady_hlh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Than you, but sorry I made some trouble for you. Keep in mind though that a BLT Studio is actually smaller than a standard CR room. But, of course, the one bedroom is twice as large.
Oh no, our spoiled 11 year old DD wants to stay in the 1 bedroom. She wants her own plasma TV, bathroom and balcony. I told her it is definitely way more $s than our current res which is standard view garden wing w/free dining, she told me she'll chip in some money towards the cost When she is 16 I think I'll tell her to get a job to chip in money for all the upgrades that she would like for our WDW trips.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #18
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Yay Kook! This is so timely, I was just wondering about BLT for our Dec 2013 visit (yes sooo far away!) and I just love all your pictures! Is the sleeper chair very big???
Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #19
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting these! We are staying in a studio next June but I love looking a the resort photos to get an idea of the layout of the land.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
wendow
DIS Veteran

I love your pics!! We just got back from BLT on 9/22 and we were in room 7536. What a wonderful resort!! Seeing your pics makes me miss it even more Thank you for sharing them!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #21
Babette01
Earning My Ears

Absolutely fabulous! You have the most informative reviews and advice...thank you! I actually search for the 'kook' when I sign on to see what's going on. You are the best! Thanks.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #22
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yay Kook! This is so timely, I was just wondering about BLT for our Dec 2013 visit (yes sooo far away!) and I just love all your pictures! Is the sleeper chair very big???
The sleeper chair is twin sized and pretty comfortable according to my son.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #23
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_hlh View Post
Oh no, our spoiled 11 year old DD wants to stay in the 1 bedroom. She wants her own plasma TV, bathroom and balcony. I told her it is definitely way more $s than our current res which is standard view garden wing w/free dining, she told me she'll chip in some money towards the cost When she is 16 I think I'll tell her to get a job to chip in money for all the upgrades that she would like for our WDW trips.
LOL! Mine are almost 16 and 18 and we usually just do the studio for 4 of us, but they've been dying to do a monorail resort, and we def splurged, because suddenly they are all grown up! This may be our last trip with them for a while ( grand babies in a decade maybe). So splurge we did, and from what Kook posted it looks like it will be worth it!
ABD Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands 2012
Photo Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987674
WDW- visits since 1976, lost count a long time ago.
familygoboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #24
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Putting the down, turning on the with a cup of joe....

....now back to reading.

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #25
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Finished......now for the questions

So.....would you do a villa again??? Another location??? How does it compare to a deluxe room?? Perhaps that might be like comparing apples to oranges You hear so many people say that once you stay in a villa, it's hard to go back to a regular room. Did yall utilize the kitchen at all? When we're on vacation, I try NOT to cook...just wondering if you did.

Ok...I think that's all the questions for now.

Great pics
Heather

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #26
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Greetings from the road home, currently in South Carolina!

KOOK, great pictures! You do such an amazing job capturing all views and aspects of BLUT!

We have stayed in a one bedroom at BLT twice. Having the extra bathroom with young adult daughters is amazing! I presume your DD loved it

Am I correct you could see the roof of your beloved WL from your balcony?

So now that you have tried BLT, how does it stack up in the resort list?

We will be in Virginia tonight, will wave as we pass through N VA tomorrow morning!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #27
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Awesome pics!!!
Thank you. I have many more of CR and all the BLT kitchen items if anyone needs to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_hlh View Post
Just think, someday your famous and wealthy DD will be taking you and DH on trips and then you can stay in the Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I just noticed your query on the RC thread - I hope this answers your questions

I didn't take a photo of the sleeper chair, but I found one for you open:

http://preschoolears.com/blog/disney...-of-5-or-more/

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
Thank you for posting these! We are staying in a studio next June but I love looking a the resort photos to get an idea of the layout of the land.
I love looking at photos before a trip, too. Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
I love your pics!! We just got back from BLT on 9/22 and we were in room 7536. What a wonderful resort!! Seeing your pics makes me miss it even more Thank you for sharing them!
You're welcome and I bet it seemed like a ghost town when you were there, especially at the pool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babette01 View Post
Absolutely fabulous! You have the most informative reviews and advice...thank you! I actually search for the 'kook' when I sign on to see what's going on. You are the best! Thanks.
Awwww, thanks so much, Babette01. I really appreciate your kind comment and I'm glad you came out of lurkdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The sleeper chair is twin sized and pretty comfortable according to my son.
Thank you for commenting on the comfort since we didn't use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
LOL! Mine are almost 16 and 18 and we usually just do the studio for 4 of us, but they've been dying to do a monorail resort, and we def splurged, because suddenly they are all grown up! This may be our last trip with them for a while ( grand babies in a decade maybe). So splurge we did, and from what Kook posted it looks like it will be worth it!
It is worth it and your family will love it. Your trips are going to take on a whole new meaning when it's just you and DH - you might just get some treasured 'bench time'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Finished......now for the questions

So.....would you do a villa again??? Another location??? How does it compare to a deluxe room?? Perhaps that might be like comparing apples to oranges You hear so many people say that once you stay in a villa, it's hard to go back to a regular room. Did yall utilize the kitchen at all? When we're on vacation, I try NOT to cook...just wondering if you did.

Ok...I think that's all the questions for now.

Great pics
Heather
Good morning! I've been doing some tweaking to the first page, but I'm ready to tackle your great questions:

We all agree that we would absolutely stay in a villa again and only at BLT. Bay Lake is our favorite WDW view/location so that makes BLT the winner right there.

I know you loved AK and you don't mind the location, so I might recommend Kidani for you. The interior is similar to BLT in that it is rather new, has modern touches and is the only other one bedroom villa with two bathrooms. If it weren't for its 'remote' location, we would have stuck with our Kidani reservation, but when a BLT room became available with our discount (it was our first choice), I made the switch since we love the CR, the monorail, Bay Lake and walking to the MK.

You're right, comparing a Deluxe room with a one bedroom villa is a little unfair. However, comparing a Deluxe room with a Studio is a legit comparison.The Deluxe rooms (RPC only at GF) come with club level access, but most aren't on the club level floor. That would be the biggest difference between any villa and a Deluxe room. The other notable differences are:

All (except the Studios) come with a washer/dryer, kitchen, twin sleeper chair and queen sleeper sofa, whirlpool tub, second full bath and more closets and drawer space. There is also access to the Community Hall and access to the CR pool when staying at BLT.

Other than washing our mugs and Orange Bird sippy cups:

I did not use the kitchen at all. But, it did have everything you would possibly need to feel at home - maybe even more! Everything was spotless and I do have photos of the interior of every drawer and cabinet if anyone would like to see them.

We did go back to a 'regular room' when we moved to WL/CL for 9 nights, but the transition wasn't hard at all, but we're only three people. Also, the WL room had just been completely renovated so it was brand new and felt fresh and bigger than it did in April, pre-rehab. I did miss the washer/dryer, having our own bedroom and bathroom/whirlpool tub, but we did gain our favorite club level.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #28
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Greetings from the road home, currently in South Carolina!

KOOK, great pictures! You do such an amazing job capturing all views and aspects of BLUT!

We have stayed in a one bedroom at BLT twice. Having the extra bathroom with young adult daughters is amazing! I presume your DD loved it

Am I correct you could see the roof of your beloved WL from your balcony?

So now that you have tried BLT, how does it stack up in the resort list?

We will be in Virginia tonight, will wave as we pass through N VA tomorrow morning!
You found me!

I can't believe your trip is almost ending, but I'm so glad you can now plan for NYE at WL/CL

DD LOVED having her own bathroom (and so did DH) and living area. If it were up to her, she would only stay in a BLT one bedroom from now on. She loved to perch like a cat on the ottomans which she placed right in front of the living room windows.

Of course that green roof was taunting me:

Our two favorite resorts are now WL/CL and BLT. If only BLT were at the Old Faithful Club

Please drive safely and will you be posting a TR after you get home? I have to go back to the Resort Changers' thread to see what you've been up to
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #29
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're welcome and I bet it seemed like a ghost town when you were there, especially at the pool?
They told us when we checked in at BLT that they were pretty full and there were always people all over but you are right, the pool was not crowded at all. We were there at some point in the day just about everyday and sometimes there was only 3-4 other people in the pool. It was great

For the person who asked about using the kitchen, we did. We ate most breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners in the room not necessarily to save money but with little ones, they just needed a break sometimes. We don't eat out much at home so eating out for all meals just doesn't work for us. I did not cook big meals though. Just simple things like grilled cheese, pizza, tuna fish salad sandwiches, eggs, etc.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #30
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
...You're right, comparing a Deluxe room with a one bedroom villa is a little unfair. However, comparing a Deluxe room with a Studio is a legit comparison.The Deluxe rooms (RPC only at GF) come with club level access, but most aren't on the club level floor. That would be the biggest difference between any villa and a Deluxe room. ....
Comparing a studio with a deluxe room would be easy. Take the deluxe room every time. The only perk you'd be missing is a microwave oven in your room. Plus you'd be getting two real beds (and maybe a day bed) versus a queen sized bed and a double sleeper sofa (no sleeper chair in the studio). Also, the BLT studio is the smallest of all the WDW studios except for the AKV Value Studio which is three feet in depth shorter than the standard or savanna view studio at AKV. I'd choose a standard CR resort room (wing room, tower room, whatever) over a BLT studio anytime just for the space and to be able to stretch out a bit

But if you can get a one bedroom villa, that's easy. Take the one bedroom over the hotel room. It adds so much to what you get.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: