Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #16
tomgreen41
Earning My Ears

We flew into SNA and took a shuttle. We're a family of 5 and it was the cheapest option. I didn't book ahead of time. Simply used the kiosk phone at the airport.

I'm pretty sure you can negotiate with a shuttle to get a flat rate for the entire family.
tomgreen41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #17
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
They'll let you in the taxi... but if you get caught by the police the parents get the ticket
DON'T DO THIS. Don't put the safety of your child or grandchildren at risk. It's just not worth it if something actually goes wrong!

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, and on DCL.

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchandco View Post
I did a bit of research (we are going in November), and there is at least one shuttle company that will provide car seats when requested.
But you don't know if the car seat has ever been in an accident (once in an accident car seats should never be used again, you may not see the damage, but the internal structure could be compromised and they may not hold up to another accident.) Plus how grungy will they be?? I don't really like the idea of my kid sitting in a car seat used by possibly many others...

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #19
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
But you don't know if the car seat has ever been in an accident (once in an accident car seats should never be used again, you may not see the damage, but the internal structure could be compromised and they may not hold up to another accident.) Plus how grungy will they be?? I don't really like the idea of my kid sitting in a car seat used by possibly many others...
Agreed. I didn't use to think it was a big deal until I read how much force gets placed on the seats in even a low impact crash. If you have a 30 lb child, and a 30mph crash, that is 900 lbs of force against the straps and the plastic of the seat. Weight of child x mph in crash is the general number to come up with lbs of force. After hearing that, I realized that it is SUPREMELY important to have car seats that you know the history on. If the straps have been washed, this can compromise the fibers and they can snap. A lot of seat rentals are washed in bleach or detergents which wreak havoc on car seat straps but you would not know it from looking at it.
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #20
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenksdj View Post
Katedrake, how much is a taxi from SNA? No car seat issues with us. We just want the cheapest option to DLH.
A taxi is usually about $45 one-way, but you'd probably have to split up into a few taxis, so I'm not sure in your case! You could probably split into two taxi vans, so that would be less than $100 each way... Sorry, I'm not used to dealing with large groups! I guess you'd just have to price the difference between the taxi and Disneyland Express. For our family of 3, a taxi is usually cheaper.

Best of luck! And have a great trip!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #21
KatiJ
Earning My Ears

I was wondering if there is a luggage limit on Disneyland Express? We will be traveling with carseats that we will need for the second half of our trip, but won't us them for the Disney part if we use the DE. Will they care if we have our regular suitcases and carseats as well?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #22
BensDaddy
Graduate of Goofy's Flight School

It's just my wife and I and our 6 year old. We are coming from the central time zone. Our flight lands at 8:30 pm. If we are LUCKY we would make the 9pm DisneyLand Express -- that's 11pm to his little body!!

Wondering if I should get a cab or shuttle so we can get right to the hotel and get him to bed ASAP! Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #23
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensDaddy View Post
It's just my wife and I and our 6 year old. We are coming from the central time zone. Our flight lands at 8:30 pm. If we are LUCKY we would make the 9pm DisneyLand Express -- that's 11pm to his little body!!

Wondering if I should get a cab or shuttle so we can get right to the hotel and get him to bed ASAP! Any suggestions?

Thanks!
If it was me, I wouldn't want to stress over the specific departure time for a bus... 15 minutes late might make you miss it... and we always stop and use the restroom in the airport 1st too... I'd just bring a bum booster for him and plan on a taxi...

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #24
kcchica
Mouseketeer

Glad I double checked this thread. Our flight arrives at 9pm. So since the bus is hourly, we will have to wait for th 10pm bus OR drag our car seats along. Bummer.
kcchica is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: