Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
figaromeetsmarie
DIS Veteran

Food Allergies in Kids--- Corn, Peanuts, Soybeans, Wheat, and Dairy

Just found out today. Any products/snacks that fit these categories?

It is a lot to process!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
KATHINOWA
DIS Veteran

Enjoy Life brand is free of top allergens - not sure about corn though.

Peanut Free Planet (web) might have items that fit into your needs.

We are just peanut/tree nut/apple/banana.

Hate to have a new member but...welcome to the club.
1976: Fort Wilderness Campground 1992: Honeymoon - Big Red Boat & Contemporary 1999: Off-Site 2002: All-Star Movies 2003: Hard Rock Hotel & US/IOA & Sea World 2003: DCL Wonder & Caribbean Beach 2005: DCL Magic 2006: Nick Hotel & US/IOA 2007: DCL Wonder & POR 2010: Polynesian (!!) and DCL Wonder Double Dip (!!) 2012: Aulani Hawaii 2013: POFQ (Vocal Motion) 2014: Poly (Vocal Motion)
KATHINOWA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

At first it will be hard but then it will be just like any day.

My son is dairy, peanut, treenut & egg white allergic. Peanut is almost gone & the egg whites he can have cooked in something.

But like I said at first it will be hard but it does get easier. It's just alot of reading at the grocery store the first few times.

I do order, wait the Easter Bunny gets it's bunny from Divvies.

I know that Gharidelli (sp) semi sweet you can't have since it has soy in it.

When I make pancakes I use apple juice or whatever juice I have on hand vs milk, same with muffins.

One of the things I did do when my son was first diagnosed was go to an online allergy store website & I was able to click the foods/allergens to avoid. I tried to find that website but it is no longer around.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
figaromeetsmarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailsilver View Post
At first it will be hard but then it will be just like any day.

My son is dairy, peanut, treenut & egg white allergic. Peanut is almost gone & the egg whites he can have cooked in something.

But like I said at first it will be hard but it does get easier. It's just alot of reading at the grocery store the first few times.

I do order, wait the Easter Bunny gets it's bunny from Divvies.

I know that Gharidelli (sp) semi sweet you can't have since it has soy in it.

When I make pancakes I use apple juice or whatever juice I have on hand vs milk, same with muffins.

One of the things I did do when my son was first diagnosed was go to an online allergy store website & I was able to click the foods/allergens to avoid. I tried to find that website but it is no longer around.

That website sounds really cool!!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
HFred
Earning My Ears

Smile

Sorry to hear this but I ditto the above, "Welcome to the Club!". I would suggest going through your pantry, marking anything that appears safe at this time and set it aside. Anything not safe, either throw out or separate and place in a non-safe zone for the non-allergic family members. Once you have the "safe foods", call each company's consumer line. By FDA regulation, items must list or highlight the top 8 allergens, but they do not have to indicate "May contain or processed on shared equipment". Sometimes it depends on production lots and factory numbers of certain items too. The consumer line should be able to tell you this based on codes fromt eh boxes, bags, whatever. For the not "Top 8" you will have to read a lot and ask a lot of questions. There are many specialty companies that sell "allergy friendly foods" but there are many "regular companies" that are okay as well. You will get the hang of it over time and it will be less overwhelming with time. Good luck and take a deep breath! We've been dealing with allergies with my oldest for 8 years. It is manageable and doable!
HFred is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: