Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
katt789
DIS Veteran

MNSSHP was the highlight of our trips, both this year and last year, it seriously has something for everyone.

For the character hunters/lovers:
-Extra, and rare characters that aren't usually out (Malificient, Dr Facilier, Cap Hook, Snow Queen, Cruella, Queen of Hearts, Gaston, Lotso, Tarzan & Jane, Cap Jack Sparrow, Mad Hatter,7 dwarves, all of the Princes are with their Princesses->Flynn being the important one here! Ha!)
-The fab 5 characters usually have cute halloween costumes on
-There are dance parties with the characters in 2 separate locations (Woody, Jesse, Bullseye, Stitch, Chip & Dale, Pluto)

For the "show watcher"
-A special castle show filled with dance, fireworks, fire, villians, singing and dancing, it's seriously awesome!!
-A special parade with things you don't always see, characters, new floats, new dancing, pirates, flag spinners, haunted mansion ballroom dancers, hm grave diggers, dancing cowboys, villians
-Special fireworks set to an amazing score of music and plot line, hosted by your favorite evil friends

For the "ride enthusiast"
-There are still quite a few rides open, and the wait times will be SUPER minimal for them as everyone is out enjoying the party. I had one friend go off and ride space mtn something like 10 times in a row, he wasn't too into the party itself, but still had a blast that night

For the "sweet toother"
-Trick or treating, for everyone, with SO MUCH candy, and it's all over the place, they give you handfuls of it

Everyone else:
-There are great photo opportunities, the park is all decorated for halloween, there are special magic shots you can only get at the party
-Halloween merch only available at the party
-EVERYONE is allowed to dress up
-There are TONS of adorable and awesome costumes on other people that you can see
-With being dressed up, you get more attention and interaction from the characters, especially if you're dressed as one of them

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
piratehookspixiedust
Mouseketeer

My husband gave me crap about spending the extra money too but after we went this past Tuesday he has agreed that is was worth it and then some.

The parade is the best one we saw all week and in my opinion Hallowishes blew regular Wishes fireworks out of the water! Amazing fireworks the best I've ever seen!

My kids loved the fact that they were able to meet certain character that they wouldn't be able to meet during any other trip to the mk (ahem... Jack Sparrow mainly for my boys and I). The ride lines were hardly there at all.

I think just the entire atmosphere is amazing. The castle looks awesome!!
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #18
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I don't have kids but my fiance and I decided we were very glad we went, but probably wouldn't spend the money on it again. We did love the parade and the fireworks but the night we went was very crowded and we did not experience low wait times - in fact, they were longer than they were during the day! And we also made the mistake of eating dinner during the party - only a few select CS locations are open and they were very crowded. Perhaps we didn't have the best experience, but we will wait a few years before we would consider doing it again.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #19
disneyfool_1202
The countdown has begun!!

Thanks everyone! I just bought the tickets so there is NO TURNING BACK! The kids will have pirate costumes with them (they are going to Pirate's League on Tuesday). DH and I are going costume free - I'll buy a hat! LOL!!!!

DisneyFool
Denise
disneyfool_1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #20
daraddg
DIS Veteran

you can get in the park as early as 4p and its open til midnight , thats 8 hours...for our family that about our limit for the day anyway so it ends up being cheaper than a regular base park ticket, its in the evening when its cooler,has a great atmosphere and less crowds
Old 10-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #21
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfool_1202 View Post
Thanks everyone! I just bought the tickets so there is NO TURNING BACK! The kids will have pirate costumes with them (they are going to Pirate's League on Tuesday). DH and I are going costume free - I'll buy a hat! LOL!!!!
Yay! Have fun!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #22
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Dh and I did MNSSHP in 2010 and MVMCP in 2011 and we liked MNSSHP much better and we are CHristmas PPL!

There seemed to be more to do, more to look at, it was fun seeing everyone dressed up, the trick or treating and Hallowishes,the headless horseman.
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #23
Wennifer78
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfool_1202 View Post
So we fly out in 8 days and DH is still giving me a very hard time over my wanting to get tickets to MNNSHP. He keeps saying 'I was there - it isn't that great". I keep pointing out he was there IN HIS TWENTIES (he's now 48) and I nor have our 7 or 9 year old children EVER been there and we should be allowed to experience it at least once. Just because HE doesn't think it's worth it doesn't mean we wont. But I do agree with him that it IS a LOT of money.
We do get a discounted rate for being DVC members but ONLY if I preorder the tickets for pick up - and I have to do that SOON! There is only 1 night of our trip that we can actually go so I don't want to miss the boat.
All of you believers that MNNSHP is worth the $50-60 price per person admission fee PLEASE TELL ME WHY so I can help him make an educated and appropriate decision!!!! I've never been - all I hear is "it's wonderful" but that doesn't give me any real info other than someone else's opinion on their own experience!!!!
Hi! We just attended the party on 9-28-12 and were skeptical at first too but it turned out to be well worth every penny. My two kids, 14 and 5, had a blast! You are basically paying for smaller crowds and special fireworks (that you never see any other time and they are AWESOME) and a cool parade. The environment alone is worth the money and time. It has a carefree and fun feel to it that I haven't experienced at any other time at the Magic Kingdom. Our party was sold out and still not as crowded as a regular park day and it far surpassed our expectations and if you go at 4, you're getting a full park day for less money.

ME 35 : DH 37 DS 16 DS 7
December 2007 Offsite
October 2011 All Star Music
September 2012 All Star Movies
September 2013 All star Movies
Wennifer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #24
Wennifer78
Earning My Ears

I say YES! YES! YES! Very worth it!!

ME 35 : DH 37 DS 16 DS 7
December 2007 Offsite
October 2011 All Star Music
September 2012 All Star Movies
September 2013 All star Movies
Wennifer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #25
mufasa1023
Earning My Ears

I think the Halloween party is totally worth it, i'm 30 and don't have kids (except for my fiancee).

First of all the price of the ticket is less than a full day park pass and you get in way before the listed 7pm, I think around 3-4pm they will let you into the park. So, instead of spending $90 for a full day pass you can spend $60 and get 8+ hours of time at the park.

Second, we have experienced walk onto the ride wait times on just about every ride in the park during the party. This includes my favorites, Pirates, Haunted and Splash. Obviously, some rides aren't open during the party but those are mostly the same rides that aren't open at night in general.

Third, parade is pretty cool and I don't like parades.

Fourth, you get to dress up and you are surrounded by other people who are dressed up. You get to see cute kids in costume and you get to see creative/well executed adult costumes. It really does transport you back to your childhood in that regard.

Fifth, the attitude of the people at the party is generally very happy and friendly unlike a normal day in the park with grumpy kids and stressed parents.

Sixth, the special Halloween decorations are awesome.

Seventh, "free" candy and lots of it. You probably only have to go to 2-3 candy handouts to get enough candy for the week. (the candy actually wasn't the highest quality but from what I understand it does change from year to year)

Plus all the other stuff the above posters mentioned.
mufasa1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #26
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Went went for the 1st time in 2012-- ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT !!

(Kids are 2 and 6)

DW and I have been going to MVMCP for the last 10-15 years (with the kids now, of course...never miss it), but we actually enjoyed MNNSHP more-

The parade was incredible, and the fireworks as well !!!

As a matter of fact...getting ready to book a 3-4 trip in October just to go back !!
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #27
Gamegrl1
Mouseketeer

Great experience + guest interaction

I apologize for putting my two cents in because I've only been to the MNSSHP at Disneyland (in 2011 & 2012). I'd imagine it's pretty similar, though. So in addition to what the other posters said about the terrific parade (ok...well, in D-land it's the Costume Party Parade...man, I'm not helpful at all, am I?), great fireworks show, shorter lines on rides (we were walking on to several), dance party, treat trails (free candy!), the other thing I thought was super-cool was interacting with the other guests.

In 2011 I went by myself (at the end of the day after a business trip), in costume of course. I'd never been by myself before so I wasn't sure how it'd be, but I needn't have worried - it's SO COOL to be there with so many other guests in costume. We could chat and complement each other on costumes...they were such a good icebreaker. Just the level of interaction and feeling special because you're at a special party with all those happy people...the whole vibe was different to me from all the other times I'd been.

Definitely dress up, too, but watch the weather report and also don't wear something uncomfortable that you're not prepared to be in for hours and hours. If you can afford it, definitely go. OR - you could go just to the Party that day. They let you in early and you mingle with the regular ticketed guests for 2-3 hours and then they kick them out...hehe!
Gamegrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #28
saintfan
Mouseketeer

Your 48,7,9 year old DC will all love it. parade is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieluvzmickey View Post
Because you get to see the awesome Halloween parade, Hallowishes fireworks, no wait for rides, you get to see characters that you normally don't get to see, you can dress up, you get FREE candy! and it's just awesome and FUN!!!!!! It's only money....you can make more after you get home!!!!
saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #29
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

It's awsome!!

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #30
akayek31
DIS Veteran

Captain Jack Sparrow

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: