Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #106
newjerseymomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
I finally finished our T-shirts - now let's just hope Sandy doesn't change our plans!

LOVE THESE! Where did you get the design? I am doing the CC5k on the Nov 8th cruise with 2 of the kids in our group, fingers crossed they let them run 11 & 12 both are bringing notes from their cross country coaches saying they are capiable of the run.

Does anyone know if they will let your family off as spectators? I beleive runners get off before regular passangers. My kids have never watched me race and they said they want to. Hopefully Jack Sparrow will be at his post on our walk down
newjerseymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #107
CanuckTraveller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymomma View Post
Does anyone know if they will let your family off as spectators? I beleive runners get off before regular passangers. My kids have never watched me race and they said they want to. Hopefully Jack Sparrow will be at his post on our walk down
I'd like to know the answer too. I'm also wondering if there is a good spot to meet up with my family after the run. This will be my first ever race, so I told them I expect some cheering when I finish
I finish C25K week 4 tomorrow
African safari, July, 2016

Past:
DCL Dream/ WDW, March, 2013
NCL Jewel, New Year's Eve, 2012
NCL Star, New Year's, 2012
NCL Sun, New Year's, 2011
Land trips to all Canadian provinces, most of the eastern US, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Columbia, Puerto Rico and a few others I can't remember as a child!
CanuckTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #108
PaDisneyCouple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckTraveller View Post
I'd like to know the answer too. I'm also wondering if there is a good spot to meet up with my family after the run. This will be my first ever race, so I told them I expect some cheering when I finish
I finish C25K week 4 tomorrow
We did it Tuesday Ours was a Dream 4 night. All ashore was 0830. You met in Evolution at 0830, got your bib and instructions, and debarked as a group at 0845. We gathered on the pier for a photo opportunity with a ship's photographer (conveniently available for sale at Shutters later). There was also a special (surprise) guest at our photo! We then walked as a group to the start at the bike rental location. I believe the tram stop there is pelican point. There were family members with the group getting off the ship that didn't participate. The run starts and ends at the same location, so perhaps there is a good spot to meet the family. You could give them an idea as to how long you think the run will take you.

Now, if they'd only make the t-shirts tech style, instead of cotton, they'd make a mint. I saw good availablilty of sizes s through at least xl prior to the race, and at the end as well. I also saw them restocking the shirts, too, so it seemed like they had adequate inventory. I'm not sure how big the largest shirt was, though. I bought one, but DW did not.
10/10 BC Club Level 10-11/11 Dream 4-night & CR 3-night 10/12 Dream 4-night 10/13 Fantasy 7-night Eastern
10/14 Fantasy 7-night Eastern

PaDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #109
SandyandKaren
Earning My Ears

Training...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy View Post
I just finished week4 of c25k.
I have already done 2 5k's this year but I have never done the Castaway Cay 5k. I am more excited about this one than the other ones. I am not a runner and I don't really like it. I am registered for the Princess Half Marathon in Feb. My girlfriends have convinced me to run with them. So, I hope this will be good practice.
Be sure and check out Jeff Galloway's training program for the Disney Half!. I started it a couple of weeks ago, my DH and I are registered for the Princess Half. It is one week after our cruise!!
SandyandKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #110
cruisn2castaway
Mouseketeer

I'm going to try running in the 5K as well. I just ran(well walked and jogged!) my first 5K 2 weeks ago. I finished that in about 35-40 minutes so I think I'm going to try this one too. We just booked our trip a few days ago for Dec 2, so I don't have too much time to train, especially in WI where we've been having a lot of crummy weather lately.

Liz
cruisn2castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #111
amanda202
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisn2castaway
I'm going to try running in the 5K as well. I just ran(well walked and jogged!) my first 5K 2 weeks ago. I finished that in about 35-40 minutes so I think I'm going to try this one too. We just booked our trip a few days ago for Dec 2, so I don't have too much time to train, especially in WI where we've been having a lot of crummy weather lately.

Liz
My hubby and I will be on the December 2 Dream cruise and doing the 5k. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disney Wonder 10/23/10
Disney Dream 12/02/12
amanda202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #112
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymomma View Post
LOVE THESE! Where did you get the design? I am doing the CC5k on the Nov 8th cruise with 2 of the kids in our group, fingers crossed they let them run 11 & 12 both are bringing notes from their cross country coaches saying they are capiable of the run.

I scanned my daughter's bib from last year's CC5K and changed the colors, then added the wording and date.

Unfortunately, we didn't make it to Castaway Cay, so my surprise was ruined.

My kids told me to hang onto the shirts and iron new dates on for next year.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #113
CruisingGoddess
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDisneyCouple View Post
We did it Tuesday Ours was a Dream 4 night. All ashore was 0830. You met in Evolution at 0830, got your bib and instructions, and debarked as a group at 0845. We gathered on the pier for a photo opportunity with a ship's photographer (conveniently available for sale at Shutters later). There was also a special (surprise) guest at our photo! We then walked as a group to the start at the bike rental location. I believe the tram stop there is pelican point. There were family members with the group getting off the ship that didn't participate. The run starts and ends at the same location, so perhaps there is a good spot to meet the family. You could give them an idea as to how long you think the run will take you.

Now, if they'd only make the t-shirts tech style, instead of cotton, they'd make a mint. I saw good availablilty of sizes s through at least xl prior to the race, and at the end as well. I also saw them restocking the shirts, too, so it seemed like they had adequate inventory. I'm not sure how big the largest shirt was, though. I bought one, but DW did not.
Thanks for sharing this! Do you know if bike rentals were opened when you started? DH wants to follow along on bike to take photos.

Quote:
I scanned my daughter's bib from last year's CC5K and changed the colors, then added the wording and date.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't go. I would be so disappointed but it's a good reason to book another cruise!

Woukd you mind sharing the scan of the logo? I'd love to make a magnet for my door.

Upcoming: WDW Half 2015 (Art of Animation), 1/12/2015 - Disney Dream Inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge, 6/27/2015 - ABD South Africa

Cruises: 11/24/2012 - Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean | 4/25/2009 - Disney Magic E. Caribbean w/Tortola | 4/23/2006 - Disney Wonder Bahamas | 4 x Princess, 2 x Celebrity, 2 x Norwegian, 1 x Royal Caribbean
Resorts: 3/2003 - Grand Californian | 1/2004 - Old Key West | 4/2006- Grand Floridian Honeymoon Suite | 5/2012 - Disneyland Hotel Suite | 12/2012 - Animal Kingdom | 2/2013 - Wilderness Lodge | 1/2014 - Paradise Pier | 2/2014 - Polynesian Resort | 11/2014 - Yacht Club
Races: Wine & Dine Half 2014, Glass Slipper Challenge 2014, Tinker Bell Half 2014, Disneyland Half 2013, Princess Half 2013
CruisingGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #114
JenBill5
Mouseketeer

Run Jenny, Run

I am excited to hear about the 5k on CC. I just started running (with plenty of walking) in July and have completed two 5ks so far. My second 5k was the Color Run in Memphis. My third 5k is next weekend with my DD--age 8. It is a hero run to raise money for bikes and wheelchairs for kids with disabilities. We are MAJOR superhero fans in our house so this will be fun for us. DD and I both have our Wonder Woman shirts ready to go.

Our cruise is the Western Carribbean 6/8/12. I am adding this 5K to my race list.

Thanks for all of the great info.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #115
JenBill5
Mouseketeer

CC5K medals?

Quote:
Congratulations to those of you who have run the CC5K for the first time!! In less than 2 weeks, it's my turn!!!

Keep on running everyone!
Let us know if they are still giving out medals. I would love to get a Disney medal...even if it is plastic.

Thanks.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #116
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

Wendy&Grumpy, commiserations on not getting to run the 5K - my last Dream cruise was actually a double-dip, and I managed to plan a parasailing excursion that conflicted the first time, and by the second call, I had a severely swollen foot from what the ship's doctor said was dishydrous eczema and I could barely walk, forget running. But don't wait until next year to do a 5K!! Just cross out the "first" on the shirt next year. Very cute shirts, by the way.

Thanks to PaDisneyCouple and y2khardtop for the great info and for the route map! I saved it all for future reference, so I don't do something dumb like schedule an excursion at the same time as the race....

Good luck to all who are aspiring to run/jog/walk the course! Have a great race!

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #117
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am so very sorry to hear that you had to miss your race, you worked so hard and your shirts are so cute! I agree with the others, find a local 5K and just keep running!

I am supposed to begin W2D1 of the C2 5K program tomorrow. Unfortunately Sandy may be stopping me from that. She is supposed to be here tomorrow morning and stay until Tuesday afternoon (I'm in NJ) so not sure how I'm going to work this out but where there is a will there is a way. Week one was really hard for me but I am determined to keep going! My DH and I are cruising the Dream in March for our 29th wedding Anniversary and I am secretly thinking about running the CC5k when we are there. Not ready to talk about it with family yet but it is definitely my motivation for downloading the Ease into 5K app.

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #118
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom
I am so very sorry to hear that you had to miss your race, you worked so hard and your shirts are so cute! I agree with the others, find a local 5K and just keep running!

I am supposed to begin W2D1 of the C2 5K program tomorrow. Unfortunately Sandy may be stopping me from that. She is supposed to be here tomorrow morning and stay until Tuesday afternoon (I'm in NJ) so not sure how I'm going to work this out but where there is a will there is a way. Week one was really hard for me but I am determined to keep going! My DH and I are cruising the Dream in March for our 29th wedding Anniversary and I am secretly thinking about running the CC5k when we are there. Not ready to talk about it with family yet but it is definitely my motivation for downloading the Ease into 5K app.
Mary,
I'm on W2D1 tomorrow too. My office is closed so that means no gym access and an outdoor run is out of the question. I think I'll dust off my old treadmill and see if it still works. The first 2 days weren't too bad but day 3 was super tough.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #119
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

is there any pics of the disney castaway 5k shirts and a pic of the medals to help motivate the rest of us??? please and thankyou
Old 10-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #120
CanuckTraveller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom View Post

I hear you...by the time I get home from work it's dark now I've been doing C25K on my treadmill, working up to running at the local walking track at the hockey rink. Are there any indoor tracks close to you? It is so easy to give up because of weather...or sickness, which is the issue here.
Off to start week 5...wish me luck!
African safari, July, 2016

Past:
DCL Dream/ WDW, March, 2013
NCL Jewel, New Year's Eve, 2012
NCL Star, New Year's, 2012
NCL Sun, New Year's, 2011
Land trips to all Canadian provinces, most of the eastern US, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Columbia, Puerto Rico and a few others I can't remember as a child!
CanuckTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: