Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #16
khancock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAllyC View Post
I'm just going to vent. By December 14th, I will have already registered for the spring semester here and have finished this semester. It's ridiculous. There is no way I can wait that long. Might as well give up now. They'll never know how much I want to do this. I would be more faithful than anyone else. Its just not fair.
They are very upfront that the notification following the telephone interview may or may not be notification of a final decision. This is nothing new.

I know you are venting, but this is just a decision you are going to have to make. Either stick with it, drop out of the running, or continue making other plans with the idea that you may need to cancel them if an offer comes your way.
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
courtthib
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuRuss View Post
Is this email essentially the same as being denied?

"Dear Julian,

Thank you for your interest in the Disney College Program!

We are currently processing your application, and at this time your status is pending a final decision. We will be in contact with you if we require additional information.

The Disney College Program is a competitive internship and we receive thousands of applications every program season. Our team is evaluating your qualifications, and you will be contacted with an update on the status of your application by December 14th, 2012. If you are not contacted within this timeframe, please contact our office at 1-800-722-2930.

We sincerely thank you for your enthusiasm and interest in the Disney College Program. We will be in contact with you as noted above.

Best regards,
Disney College Recruiting "
I got this same dreaded email (as well as not one, but TWO letters in the mail that were identical ) last year, so I know how scary this can be! I panicked and cried and repeated the whole process over only to be accepted a couple weeks later! Don't be discouraged, I know how you feel and I've been there before! It will only make you appreciated getting accepted that much more!

DCP ALUMNI | Fall Advantage 2011 | Boardwalk Merchandise
Feb. '06 - BWR | Feb. '08 - AKL | Dec. '10 - POR | Sep. '11 - CBR | Nov. '11 - POP | Jan. '12 - POP | Feb. '13 - POP | May '14 - YC

courtthib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: