Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
MrPunem
Earning My Ears

Disney App

I have a Nexus 7, all WiFi and prefer to use it over my droid whenever WiFi is available. At his time Disney's mobile app is not available for my devise. Since Disney world will soon be WiFi enabled throughout the entire park, and my tablet does have GPS in it, I was wondering f anyone has heard about them updating their app to be comparable with other devices? Also, I think by using my tablet in park will allow me to access my unofficial guide, maps, and other related apps that will be useful for my visit and cut down on the bulk OK stuff I take into the park.
MrPunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer

My husband and I just got back from Disney last week. I have an iPhone and had been so excited that I would be able to use the WiFi instead of 3G data at the resort, Magic Kingdom and Epcot, since they are each now carrying free WiFi. However, the only time the WiFi worked for me was at the resort when we checked in and most people were at the parks. At night when we attempted to use our MacBook and iPad, there was very little bandwith. I had planned on FaceTiming family at the parks, but the WiFi was EXTREMELY weak and it never loaded. I only mention all of this because I don't want you to lug a tablet around the parks in the hopes of there being great WiFi. This was the only disappointment on our entire trip, though. Also, the app "MyDisneyExperience" is, in my opinion, much more user friendly than Disney's app "MobileMagic". I hope this helps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: