Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #16
msr709
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lady View Post
Paying for carry-on going in the bin sounds like Allegiant and not Frontier. ... One way you may be able to save is to upgrade your fare to Classic. One way Classic is around 25 dollars or under extra for a ticket, and with one check bagged at 20 dollars and the second at 20 dollars, you may be able to save. But you get extras for it. 2 free checked bags, free in-seat directTV on the flight (6 dollars otherwise) and choice of seats closer to the front, ability to change flights for free.

Frontier has found a market at Allentown. ....
Thanks for this information, its reassuring. I was planning on getting the Classic, mainly because we are traveling with a toddler and I think we could use the extra room and bags. Glad to know I was planning correctly! Didn't realize about the DirectTV being included, that's a big bonus for us since that would keep our little one quiet. Was planning on taking a portable DVD player, maybe won't have to now. Not being on RAC is not a big concern since we are only staying a couple of days and then moving on to a vacation home offsite. Thanks again. Everyone on these boards is always so helpful. I'll report back after our trip to "pay it forward"!
AoA May 2014; CSR/Hard Rock Hotel Aug. 2008 (DSis, DNc, DNph & Me); DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Oct. 2006; POP Century July 2005 (Solo); RPR/ASMo (Whole Fa.)Aug/Sept 2004; Disneyland, the Original (DSIL & Me-HOJO Jul/Aug. 2003; CB/Royal Pacific Jul. 2002 (Solo); The Grosvenor and HRH (Mom & Me) Dec. 2001; ASMu and HRH (DNc&Me) Aug. 2001; ASMo (Mom&Me) Jan. 2000; HoJO (DD, DSis, DNc & Me) 1995

msr709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msr709 View Post
What did you mean by that? No Magical Express? Why if landing in MCO, I thought that the yellow tags for ME would instruct them to pick up the luggage and take to WDW resort??
My fatigue, sorry I flew Allegiant to Sandford/Orlando from Allentown. There is no ME.....I was frustrated at cost add on's and poor airport set up; check in upper, security, lower, the plane upper with tiny elevators.
A bottle of water was $2.50 but the one ticket was $55.

Prepay check bag, $20, overhead storage $16, one carry on back pack size free. Avg ticket was 97 with fees, some seats were $35, $55, $75.
Many people stowed their back pack in the overhead leaving no room for our paid bag.

I would take Frontier which took over the AirTran from Allentown, or prefer Harrisburg. The Advantage to Allegiant this week was flights to local airport Wilkes Barre/Scranton.
Return there was much, much better. Twenty minutes we were home.

Be cautious about Rt 22 traffic, delays and accidents.
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #18
Ahrizel
Mouseketeer

We flew from Allentown on Frontier this morning. We did the classic fare, which included the checked bags and tv, and paid for stretch seating as we are both tall. The plane was full. They give you a drink for free, any snacks are extra. But the flight was fine with no problems. If are trip home is anything similar I would have no hesitation on flying Frontier again. If you need the legroom the stretch seating is worth the upgrade. The tv was nice, watched Brave on the way down. Flight attendants were nice, boarding was slow-people trying to stow carry ons clogged the aisles. Despite living 30 minutes from the Avoca airport, I would prefer to fly into Orlando and not deal with Allegiants crazy fees. I wouldn't be worrying about flying Frontier, no problems for us or our friends who flew with us.
Mary
Ahrizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

I agree with you, ahrizel, about Allegiant's fees.....and we live 5 minutes from AVP. However, for our trip in December we are flying Allegiant from AVP and using Frontier back to ABE....only because the flight times work better for us.
We'll just have our daughter drop us at AVP for the Allegiant flight to Sanford...we were planning to rent a car in Orlando this trip anyway..... and then rent a car to drive home from ABE for the return.....which is about same cost as paying for parking if we were leaving a car at the airport. Glad to hear Frontier is OK....we've traditionally been either SWA or Airtran....and love them both.....but, really tired of making the drive to/from PHL for flights....we loved when AT was at ABE for a few years.
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: