Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #61
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

Jim Parsons tends to wear his hair in a very similar manner when he's not Sheldon, so I also get the feeling it's to try to mask the fact that his hair might be thinning.

I think that there was more chemistry between Penny & Leonard the first time they were dating, but I'm thinking that it was because they were dating in real life. Now, I'm not feeling it. And I can't believe that Penny still hasn't told Leonard that she loves him! I mean, good for her for not lying and saying that she does love him if she doesn't actually love him, but I can't imagine that she's still not in love with him. I want her to go talk to a therapist because clearly she's got some issues.

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #62
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

I find it sad that we live in a society that it's not completely screwed up to be having sex with someone yet unable to say 'I love you.'
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #63
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
I find it sad that we live in a society that it's not completely screwed up to be having sex with someone yet unable to say 'I love you.'
I don't know that anyone (including the characters) think it isn't screwed up or sad that she hasn't or can't say it yet sleeps with him. Hasn't even Amy Farrah Fowler commented on it?

Last edited by Coconut36; 09-30-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #64
redlight
DIS Veteran

Yeah, Jim Parsons looks a lot younger than his age.

I think Johnny/Leonard and Kaley/Penny have great chemistry.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #65
leebee
DIS Veteran

We love BBT here at my house, although sometimes TV and reality intermingle. DH has a PhD in biophysical chemistry and is a professor who teaches and does scientific research. Many, many of our friends are also PhD professors/researchers, mostly in physics, chemistry, and molecular biology. We even know engineers- and not all with PhDs! On many weekend nights it can get a little BBT-ish around here, especially after a few bottles of wine!

I think they are probably developing the Raj/Stu friendship because Raj's relationship with Howard obviously has to change, now that Howard is married.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #66
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
We love BBT here at my house, although sometimes TV and reality intermingle. DH has a PhD in biophysical chemistry and is a professor who teaches and does scientific research. Many, many of our friends are also PhD professors/researchers, mostly in physics, chemistry, and molecular biology. We even know engineers- and not all with PhDs! On many weekend nights it can get a little BBT-ish around here, especially after a few bottles of wine!

I think they are probably developing the Raj/Stu friendship because Raj's relationship with Howard obviously has to change, now that Howard is married.
I agree. My take was that they needed a new single guy to include in the gang because now everyone but Raj is part of a couple.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #67
abdmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post
In response to the comment about Sheldons hair, I think it is thinning on the top and that is why they are kind of brushing it to the side. I almost fell over when I read that the actor who plays Sheldon is almost 40 years old. I thought he was much younger!
Jim Parsons is 39 and Johnny Galecki is 37. Most people are with Ph.D.'s are almost 30 when they graduate and over 30 by the time they get a position. The two actors were around the right age for new professors when the show started.
abdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #68
MnMomtoboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
Jim Parsons tends to wear his hair in a very similar manner when he's not Sheldon, so I also get the feeling it's to try to mask the fact that his hair might be thinning.

I think that there was more chemistry between Penny & Leonard the first time they were dating, but I'm thinking that it was because they were dating in real life. Now, I'm not feeling it. And I can't believe that Penny still hasn't told Leonard that she loves him! I mean, good for her for not lying and saying that she does love him if she doesn't actually love him, but I can't imagine that she's still not in love with him. I want her to go talk to a therapist because clearly she's got some issues.
Kelly and Johnny's real life relationship was over before they brought Penny and Leonard together.

MN: The land of 10,000 lakes and at least 1 idiot.
MnMomtoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #69
redlight
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdmom View Post
Jim Parsons is 39 and Johnny Galecki is 37. Most people are with Ph.D.'s are almost 30 when they graduate and over 30 by the time they get a position. The two actors were around the right age for new professors when the show started.
But the characters are much younger than that, especially Sheldon. He was a child prodigy, and had a position by the time he was 20 or so.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #70
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
I have no issues with that.

Love BBT. I tell DH that Sheldon is the geeky/nerdy version of him, and he agrees. They have very similar personalities of being set in their ways, outspoken, etc.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #71
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Word.

I don't particularly like Penny. In fact, the more I watch, I don't particularly like any of them except Leonard. I'll still watch, because it's funny. I just don't find the characters likable. Well, and Raj, a little.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR

Last edited by FlightlessDuck; 10-02-2012 at 09:48 AM.
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #72
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I think the cast is supposed to be in there middle 30's I have never got the impression they were supposed to be young.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #73
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

I think Howard is supposed to be about 30. In one of the early episodes, Howard's mother asks him if he is having a play date with his little friends. He responds that he is a 26-year old man. He doesn't have play dates - he has colleagues. . I think Leonard and Sheldon are supposed to be a older.
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #74
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmaril View Post
I think Howard is supposed to be about 30. In one of the early episodes, Howard's mother asks him if he is having a play date with his little friends. He responds that he is a 26-year old man. He doesn't have play dates - he has colleagues. . I think Leonard and Sheldon are supposed to be a older.
That what I was think that was in the first season and that was 6 years ago I thiink
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #75
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

According to Big Bang Wiki, Sheldon was born between April 22 and May 21 of 1981 when he "fell out" at a K-Mart in Galveston, TX. Leonard was supposedly born in May of 1980 in New Jersey. Raj was born October 6, 1981 in India. Howard was born between May and September of 1981.

Sheldon received his PhD at 16. Leonard was supposed to have been 24 when he received his PhD in experimental particle physics. It is unknown how old Raj was when he received his doctorate. And Howard, as is well all known, is considered the dumb one of the group for only have his Masters.

So, while it is a stretch to believe people in their early 30s would be as established as these men are, it is believable when you consider how young both Sheldon and Leonard were when they finished their education. Of course, this show first aired in 2007, so Leonard would have only been done with school for 2 years when the show started. Assuming Howard graduated on time and wasn't advanced, he would have likely still be working on his Masters when the show aired, which we all know he wasn't. This leads me to believe that he was likely ahead of his age group. There is a good chance that Raj was advanced, too.

Oh, and for those who care, Penny's birthday is November 30, 1985.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: