Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #46
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Go to YouTube and find interviews w/ Jim Parsons. He's not like Sheldon at all. In fact , he often has no clue what he's saying.
(just route memorization of the scientific terms. He practices with a pencil in his mouth so that when they shoot he can say them quickly.)
Yep, I saw him on Conan awhile back and he was explaining that he really has no idea what Sheldon is talking about most of the time. I read an interview with him where he explained that he approaches Sheldon as someone who's not trying to be funny, he's just that serious all the time. Which is what makes him even funnier...the one where his World of Warcraft account got hacked is one of my favorites.

I saw Jim Parsons on Broadway this summer, playing the Jimmy Stewart role in "Harvey". He was awesome. Lots of Big Bang fans in the audience - one was wearing a Babylon 5 t-shirt.
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #47
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
I always seem to compare her to when she was Billy in Charmed. She was incredibly fit. I think she looked great.
I actually much prefer Kaley Cuoco with some meat on her bones. It is good to see leading women on TV these days with a more filled out figure. Plus, remember, she is from Nebraska and is supposed to have farmgirl cornfed child bearing hips.

Yeah, I thought last night's episode was a little bit deflating. Sheldon did seem a bit subdued.

I hate to be all shippy.....but I just don't like Amy and Sheldon together....it's like a jelly and jelly sandwich. I've actually grown to like Amy as a character, and love her evolution as a woman. I'd like to see her with a different person that can be peanut butter to her jelly.

Likewise, I just cannot wrap my head around Leonard and Penny. I think they are great as friends. I know they are THE couple of the show and a lot of people like them together. I just am not getting a chemistry/right for each other vibe. I think the writers are trying to force something that just isn't natural.

Howie and Bernie are perfect, and I have no complaints about them, other than the fact Howard needs to man up to his mother.....but that's part of the humor.

I am just hoping some definite decisions are made this season: I cannot stand another season or two of Sheldon and Amy and Leonard and Penny's are they or aren't they? and Raj's is he or isn't he.
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #48
redlight
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I actually much prefer Kaley Cuoco with some meat on her bones. It is good to see leading women on TV these days with a more filled out figure. Plus, remember, she is from Nebraska and is supposed to have farmgirl cornfed child bearing hips.
I agree.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #49
scholastica
Mouseketeer

I thought last nights episode was a bit flat. Amy and Sheldon along with Raj are the mist interesting characters right now. I agree that Howard looked better but his story line is so dull to me!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #50
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmackeymouse View Post
As a Nebraska girl...I have no clue what you are talking about.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #51
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeah, I thought last night's episode was a little bit deflating. Sheldon did seem a bit subdued.

I hate to be all shippy.....but I just don't like Amy and Sheldon together....it's like a jelly and jelly sandwich. I've actually grown to like Amy as a character, and love her evolution as a woman. I'd like to see her with a different person that can be peanut butter to her jelly.

Likewise, I just cannot wrap my head around Leonard and Penny. I think they are great as friends. I know they are THE couple of the show and a lot of people like them together. I just am not getting a chemistry/right for each other vibe. I think the writers are trying to force something that just isn't natural.

Howie and Bernie are perfect, and I have no complaints about them, other than the fact Howard needs to man up to his mother.....but that's part of the humor.

I am just hoping some definite decisions are made this season: I cannot stand another season or two of Sheldon and Amy and Leonard and Penny's are they or aren't they? and Raj's is he or isn't he.
See I rather love them together..2 people who struggle so much socially kind of "finding" each other and coming together. Neither one has ever succeed in regards to dating/relationships and I think that is part of what makes them a perfect (and often funny) couple.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #52
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Likewise, I just cannot wrap my head around Leonard and Penny. I think they are great as friends. I know they are THE couple of the show and a lot of people like them together.

It funny you mention they have no chemistry or what not. Kaley and Johnny dated secertly for the first two season of Big Bang Theory.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #53
Lanshark
Peace be still
Congratulations on your flower bloomin thingy

I didn't dislike it but I didn't like it either. I was also wondering what affect Howard getting married would have on the dynamic of the show. He can't continue to be the horny guy looking for anything with a beating heart. The 4 misfits now have a married man amoung them. I fear it won't be the same.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Lanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #54
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Eh. It's done by the same guy that does 2.5 men, if they can write around losing one of the main characters and make it not only work but people love the transition- they'll do fine with Howard getting married.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #55
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
It funny you mention they have no chemistry or what not. Kaley and Johnny dated secertly for the first two season of Big Bang Theory.
Ummm, they are actors.

I think what the PP was referring to was their characters on the sit-com.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #56
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanshark View Post
I didn't dislike it but I didn't like it either. I was also wondering what affect Howard getting married would have on the dynamic of the show. He can't continue to be the horny guy looking for anything with a beating heart. The 4 misfits now have a married man amoung them. I fear it won't be the same.
But he stopped that when he and Bernie became a serious couple.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #57
rigs32
DIS Veteran

If the characters never grew or evolved it would unrealistic. I went to a college filled with geeks. Many had their first relationships and it was awkward or stunted, but then they got the hang of it. I know people like Sheldon.

As a geek myself, I don't think I would watch the show if all it was about was being a geek and forever single.
rigs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #58
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

I never got the impression that Raj was gay?
Didn't he have a crush on Bernadette?

I am not a faithful follower of the show, but I do find it entertaining.

I just watched the season premiere online, and it was a bit slow.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #59
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I don't think Raj is gay or bi. I think it is just one of those running jokes when it is really just a side of his personality.

As far as Kaley/Penny goes, I love her look. She has that girl-next-door quality to her. She isn't that major hottie who could have any guy. She is much more lovable and approachable. It works really well for the show. However, I do agree with the people who like her with a little more meat on her bone. A season or two ago, she had these really toned arms and it was clear that she had been working out. In my opinion, that was when she was at her best physically.

Am I the only one who doesn't like how Sheldon has been wearing his hair the past two seasons? I much prefer his hair when it is shorter and doesn't have the long sideburns or the obvious part.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #60
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

In response to the comment about Sheldons hair, I think it is thinning on the top and that is why they are kind of brushing it to the side. I almost fell over when I read that the actor who plays Sheldon is almost 40 years old. I thought he was much younger!
anniemae is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: