Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
jkjs
Mouseketeer

Do car rattles/squeaks drive you nuts

We can't stand car rattles. Drives us crazy.
jkjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Yes!

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Nope, but it annoys the heck out of my husband!

I tend to not even notice them, especially if I'm alone because then I usually have music turned up pretty loud. DH will often point them out to me but it just doesn't bug me like it does him.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
mrodgers
DIS Veteran

I drive a Volkswagen, so it better not bother me. All they do is rattle and squeak. I would climb into your rattling car and say, "Hey, sounds just like a Volkswagen."

Now in my wife's car, yes noises bother me. Every time it rains, there is a gurgling sound somewhere. I believe it to be the drain from the sunroof, but can't do anything about it. Drives me nuts.

My old Toyota truck, the dash had a spot where it rattled against the windshield frame. I cut a small wedge of foam and cured it (there was actually a TSB on it if I took it in to the dealer.) Years went by and it was forgotten about. After those years, I had to have the windshield replaced. Immediately upon leaving the parking lot at work the dash rattled. They had removed my tiny piece of foam when they replaced the glass.
mrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
Breezy_Carol
Who needs doors when you can use windows
Bugged by ticks
I had a dog that ate wood screws once

YES!

Doesn't bother DH but drives me crazy. If something is rattling, I need to search through the glove box, console, etc until I find the source and make it stop.

Breezy_Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
jbmom
Our underwear just gets put in the drawer with no extra attention
I've been known to prop my knife under my plate if there is something runny on it

Yes, but they make my dh absolutely nuts. He's even taken the dashboard completely apart to fix a squeak. I just turn up the radio and try to ignore them.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Oh yes! It drives me insane. My husband couldn't care less. I will search for the source until it is fixed.

Right now my car is making some kind of buzzzzzz noise after the car is turned off. It's in the speaker right by the drivers ear. It will run for a few minutes and then turn off. It's driving me crazy because when I sit in the car at carpool it buzzes right in my ear. I have got to get this fixed soon!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Yes..not because the sounds are annoying but I live in fear that it is a sign the next thing is breaking and I am going to have to take it in. My last two vehicles have been somewhat lemons and we have had extensive issues (for example my Equinox needed a complete replacement of the transmission when it wasn't even 5 years old! Granted it was covered by GM completely but it took them almost 2 weeks to diagnose it, get approval to replace it, wait for the parts and replace) so I tend to view every squeak and rattle as the next inevitable problem.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

When you drive a 25 year old car, a rattle is a reminder that you haven't make a car payment in over 22 years.

Don't ever ride in a TV live truck, even when they are brand new they sound like a marble in a coffee can.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
BunsenH
Bringing Order to Chaos

Yes.... and my wife does not understand why rattles, vibrations, clunks, etc. bother me. My explanation is that a new or foreign noise is a good indication that something is about to wear out, break, fall out. Very logical to me!

You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?...
BunsenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Not me so much but they drive DBF nuts. lol He's always trying to find them and "fix" them.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Our current vehicles don't have any squeaks and rattles. I know it doesn't bug my husband - he ignores any.

But when there are squeaks and rattles with our current vehicles I know there's something wrong. Does that mean they bug me? I would say no - I just get the problem fixed.
I've already caught a problem with the window track of my vehicle due to a rattle. Had it fixed, window works better and no more rattle.

Husbands car was having a squeaking problem in front passenger side. He thought it was fine. I could feel something was wrong when I drove his car so I took it in. Sure enough the front rotor was bent and the brake was messed up on that side of his car.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
Katy Belle
DIS Veteran

I have never noticed a rattle or squeak in any of my cars . I think I tune it out!

I did car-pool with a friend to college 20ish years ago and she would sometimes drive her Volkswagen Rabbit and sometimes her DHs BMW. That BMW drove her NUTS with its rattles! She was constantly pressing on the dash to get it to stop...I never noticed until she would point it out!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #14
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

We have a drill-in dog fence/ guard we put infront of the boot to stop our lovely dog Oscar from attempting to leap out of the boot and onto the back seats. It rattles like CRAZY and on a 10 hour drive to Scotland- it does get to you...!

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
Nope, but it annoys the heck out of my husband!

I tend to not even notice them, especially if I'm alone because then I usually have music turned up pretty loud. DH will often point them out to me but it just doesn't bug me like it does him.
This is us too. He will say did you hear that and turn down my music and force us to wait for it to happen again.
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: