Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Start sucking down oranges & popping Vit C pills.

I hope you feel better & can go.

Oh & I will comment that there are germs everywhere. Just because OP is contagious or not doesn't mean someone on that plane will get sick from her.

Most likely those people will get sick from touching the arm rests on the plane, the tray table on the plane, the seats in the airport, doors to the bathroom and then put their fingers on their mouth or eat something that their fingers touch & go in their mouth. Just think of all those people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom (saw some one in Target a few weeks ago that did that...ick) or cough/sneeze in their hands & then do not wash or blow their nose & don't wash...ick....

If I were the passenger on the plane, I'd be more fearful of the above non handwashers/germs on everything you touch then somenone who is coughing unless that person was coughing with out covering.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #17
PSU
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't fly sick....I do lots of travel and it's miserable if forced to fly sick - but also germs do spread...I always wipe down arms/tray tables with lysol wipes ...I'm not a germ nut - but when I travel for work - have had it happen- forced to sit next to someone whose sick and then I'm down for the count...I don't care at all if people think I'm neurotic..
PSU is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #18
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

OP just be mindfull and watch what you touch and use purell. Drink lots of fluids and take Vit C and cinnamon helps a virus too. We take cinnamon tablets during the cold and flu season. You can find them in the vitamin isle.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #19
pigletto
DIS Veteran

We have never, not one time, come back from Disney without one of us being sick the week we get home. I am positive it's a combination of running ourselves ragged on vacation and being exposed to all types of germs that are new to us. But IMO this happens in line, on the rides, in the hotel, in the airport, on the plane etc.
I would suggest being mindful of what you touch and using Purell etc. However the reality is I am just as likely to get sick from you as I am from the next person who doesn't look even a little bit ill but is in their incubation period for something.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #20
spedtchr
Earning My Ears

So much better now

Wow, I didn't expect so many responses. I am feeling much better now. I did go to the dr. & he told me to use a Neti Pot & to use Afrin 30 minutes before I get on the plane. I don't really cough except at night when I lay down. My wonderful mother-in-law made me a big pot of Russian Tea. It has orange juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice, tea, cinnamon, & cloves. I started packing today, so I guess I'm going. Thanks for all of your advice.

-98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature
spedtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
niffer5150
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC-Don View Post
Just wear a face mask.
THIS! Use a Face mask and don't touch your face. if you touch, wash your hands immediately. Cough and sneeze into your elbow pit but you should wear a mask to help. Keeping cooties to yourself is not hard if you are diligent. Healthy people can avoid getting sick following similar rules. NO face touching, no putting things in your mouth like pens, wash your hands, and a mask might help incase you get stuck next to a person who doesn't "cover their cough".
niffer5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #22
Ed J
Removing my ears

Location: Near the beach in NJ, not the shore, tourists call it the shore. You know, right where Sandy made landfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codimouse View Post
just remember it is recycled air on the plane and others may not want your bug.
That is an old wives tale. The air change rate on an airplane is 20 times or more that you have in your home and at least 10 times more than the required ventilation rate of a public building.

One of the places where you'll breathe some of the freshest air with a high concentration of people is an air plane.
11/11 (Jersey week) Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve & POR
8/09 Grand Californian Hotel 11/10 (Jersey week) Marriott's Cypress Harbour & Holiday Inn @ DTD
11/08 (Jersey week) Marriott's Cypress Harbour & The Crown Plaza Universal
11/04 (Jersey week) Cypress Pointe 11/06 (Jersey week) Marriott's Horizons & The Nick
11/00 (Jersey week) Holiday inn ~ Now the Nick 11/02 (Jersey week) Marriott's Grande Vista
3/1989 Pineapple Peteís Hawaiian Retreat 11/1997 Embassy Suites

Iím not good at many things, but 1 thing Iím very good at is going on vacation
Ed J is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: