Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 05:44 AM   #16
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannathy View Post
I also wonder how she was feeding him since it wasn't a baby it was a toddler. It was an almost 2 yr old. Wonder if she was one of the expose everything and let the kid run around and come nurse Mothers. Even if she was holding him a 2 yr old is a lot harder to keep private. A lot more is going to be exposed. And was she doing it tastefully or letting everything hang out? which no one wants to see while eating.

Truthfully I don't think 2 yr olds need to be nursed in a restaurant. It isn't like they need to get all their nutrition from the breast as a baby would. I'm sure the kid is on table food and could have waited. That is my opinion.
I agree with this.

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #17
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Depends on how is was done. If it was like how an Oriental women I saw recently in the MK Main St. bakery I can see why. If it was done with a blanket in the back corner maybe not.

BTW, the lady in the bakery was quite attractive, the child older than I would have thought to be on a bottle or nipple and she had quite a few admirers.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #18
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I agree with this. This was a 20 month old child, not a two month old baby. The child could have waited and had something from the table instead. That mom was being inconsiderate of others IMO. Going a little further, I don't think a 20 month old needs to be nursed at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannathy View Post
I agree with this.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #19
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannathy
I also wonder how she was feeding him since it wasn't a baby it was a toddler. It was an almost 2 yr old. Wonder if she was one of the expose everything and let the kid run around and come nurse Mothers. Even if she was holding him a 2 yr old is a lot harder to keep private. A lot more is going to be exposed. And was she doing it tastefully or letting everything hang out? which no one wants to see while eating.

Truthfully I don't think 2 yr olds need to be nursed in a restaurant. It isn't like they need to get all their nutrition from the breast as a baby would. I'm sure the kid is on table food and could have waited. That is my opinion.
I agree.

A 2 year old could wait until they got home .
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro,
#20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken
Soldier's*Sweeties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #20
*pixie*dust*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
Depends on how is was done. If it was like how an Oriental women I saw recently in the MK Main St. bakery I can see why. If it was done with a blanket in the back corner maybe not.

BTW, the lady in the bakery was quite attractive, the child older than I would have thought to be on a bottle or nipple and she had quite a few admirers.
Refering to someone as "oriental" is considered racially offensive. And, what does her race have to do with breast feeding?
Old 09-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #21
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Someone breastfeeding a 2 year old in public is doing it for attention.

She got what she wanted and now she's going back for more.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:46 AM   #22
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

The manager sounds like an idiot and needs to be demoted to dishwasher. The law doesn't specify what the age cut off limit is, or how much skin is allowed to be exposed when nursing your child. The law, the one the manager was to ignorant to know or adhere to, states that you can nurse your child in public regardless of age.

I would not opt to nurse my child at 20 months for a variety of reasons, but I am well aware that there are plenty of women out there who do. Since when are other people supposed to live up to my expectations and ideas? If they feel it is best for their child, then fine and if they choose to do it in a back booth at Applebees, then have at it! I fail to see how it is hurting anyone. Maybe people need to be a bit more engaged with their table mates instead of staring at other patrons? Maybe people need to grow up and stop sexualizing breast feeding.

I am always amazed at the ignorance of people, telling nursing mothers to go the bathroom to nurse. Seriously? How about you grab your burger and fries and sit in the stall next to me. When you do that, then I will think about feeding my child in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1

Oriental? You do realize that is not a race, right? It's nothing more then a racist term. Classy.

So, only ugly people can breastfeed? Or is it that they can't because they aren't attractive enough? I'm confused as to why her being "quite attractive" is an important part of your story? Maybe the "admirers" need to grow up and put their tongues back in their mouths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier's*Sweeties
I agree.

A 2 year old could wait until they got home .
Why should she have to? Because it might offend someones delicate sensibilities? Because it was something you chose not to do? What is the age cut off before you are no longer allowed to breastfeed in public?

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #23
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
The manager sounds like an idiot and needs to be demoted to dishwasher.
Where did you hear what the manager had to say?
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #24
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
Someone breastfeeding a 2 year old in public is doing it for attention.

She got what she wanted and now she's going back for more.

SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #25
Feckless
DIS Veteran

A mother has every right to nurse a baby or toddler in public. If you find it offensive, look the other way. As long as people at other tables aren't making a racket, then I never even look at them - I pay attention to the friends and family at my table. I don't understand why this is even an issue.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #26
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
The manager sounds like an idiot and needs to be demoted to dishwasher. The law doesn't specify what the age cut off limit is, or how much skin is allowed to be exposed when nursing your child. The law, the one the manager was to ignorant to know or adhere to, states that you can nurse your child in public regardless of age.

I would not opt to nurse my child at 20 months for a variety of reasons, but I am well aware that there are plenty of women out there who do. Since when are other people supposed to live up to my expectations and ideas? If they feel it is best for their child, then fine and if they choose to do it in a back booth at Applebees, then have at it! I fail to see how it is hurting anyone. Maybe people need to be a bit more engaged with their table mates instead of staring at other patrons? Maybe people need to grow up and stop sexualizing breast feeding.

I am always amazed at the ignorance of people, telling nursing mothers to go the bathroom to nurse. Seriously? How about you grab your burger and fries and sit in the stall next to me. When you do that, then I will think about feeding my child in there.

Oriental? You do realize that is not a race, right? It's nothing more then a racist term. Classy.

So, only ugly people can breastfeed? Or is it that they can't because they aren't attractive enough? I'm confused as to why her being "quite attractive" is an important part of your story? Maybe the "admirers" need to grow up and put their tongues back in their mouths?

Why should she have to? Because it might offend someones delicate sensibilities? Because it was something you chose not to do? What is the age cut off before you are no longer allowed to breastfeed in public?
A 2 year old should wait because at 2 they need to be eating "real" grown up food. Not sucking on mom for comfort. I for one don't sexualize it, but I do think the mom has a problem, she needs to train the child to eat and not depend on her for comfort or food, his food is on a plate in front of him.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #27
topolino
I don't mean those kind of gestures!
Not everything we eat needs to be healthy. Live a little!

Men are funny sometimes. They spend their whole lives trying to see women's breasts, then when they finally get to see one in public they are the first to complain.
topolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #28
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
A mother has every right to nurse a baby or toddler in public. If you find it offensive, look the other way. As long as people at other tables aren't making a racket, then I never even look at them - I pay attention to the friends and family at my table. I don't understand why this is even an issue.
Probably because as her 2 year old was running around the table in between "sips" mom was sitting there with her ****s on display. As much as I love my oriental chicken salad, seeing a half naked woman sitting at the table next to me would probably get my attention over my meal.

I'm kidding, sort of. I think there is more to the story and we aren't getting it from the innocent mom who just wanted to feed her hungry toddler.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #29
luvmy3

Anyone else wonder why these breast feeding mother's would want to patronize a place that doesn't allow them their freedom? I mean, most people boycott, not stage a nationwide lunch at the restaurant. I bet this will be one of Applebee's most profitable days. Way to show them nursing moms!!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #30
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
Where did you hear what the manager had to say?
This was in the article
Quote:
when a manager gave her an ultimatum — nurse her baby in the bathroom or leave.
If this is what he said to her, then he is an idiot and ignorant of the law and should not be managing a restaurant.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: