Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Cinderella's Royal Table review (September 2012)

I’ve been avoiding Cinderella’s Royal Table for the past 4 years. Numerous reviews of bad food, rushed characters and bad service had kept me away. We’ve been to Akershus several times and enjoyed it, especially with it just being one dining plan credit. However, my daughter is 5 years old this year. Prime princess age. I, along with my daughter, love the castle. It brings out the romantic girly girl in me. I really wanted to eat there – just to say I had.

So this year, with my son being 10 and not interested in princesses this year, I booked a girls-only day at Magic Kingdom. (DS really wanted to do Sorcerers of the MK and I was not interested at all.)

We started at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. The wait was minimal and the service wonderful. She looked beautiful. We went across the way and got her pictures done and put on the Photopass. We then rode several of her favorite rides where she got lots of “princess” attention from the CMs. (Mad Tea Party, Goofy’s rollercoaster, the People Mover (where she asked them if they had a special princess car… J)

We then headed to check in for CRT. We had a 4:05 reservation and checked in at the desk at 4:00. After we checked in, we waited in line to get our picture taken with Cinderella. The line looked really long, but we waited only about 10 minutes. While waiting, my DD found Cindy’s mice way up on a beam. Cinderella took a minute or two to talk with DD and “teach” her how to pose like a princess. The CM took a picture of all 3 of us with my phone after the photographer took the “included” picture of just DD and Cinderella.

We then climbed the spiral staircase to the second floor. DD loved that they put down a red carpet “just for her”. A CM greeted us at the top and took us to…

…a table by the window! I was so excited. We stood there looking out, pointing out our favorite rides.

Claire was very excited about the “wishing star” that was waiting for us at the table. She kept holding it to her lips during dinner and making wises.

Our waitress greeted us quickly and brought us our drinks quickly. (She kept my soda filled the entire time, which is a plus in my book) We ordered, and the princesses started coming out. She even let DD take her picture.

Snow White was first, which, as you can tell from the pictures, is DD’s favorite. (Mine too!) She took time with her, discussing their dresses, how they both had capes, but Claire’s had glitter, etc. She even let Claire take a picture with her camera of me and Snow.

Our appetizers came next, and Claire got a hearty portion of grapes and cheese. (More than I would serve her at home – probably 15 grapes and 8 cubes of cheese). I got a shrimp cocktail that was a little different – it had a corn and tomato type salsa on it. It was yummy!

Aurora was next. She looked great and also took a few minutes with Claire. She was very patient when Claire had trouble taking her picture.

Next our dinner came out. Claire had chicken nuggets, corn and mashed potatoes. The portions were large enough to almost be called adult size. She got a full cup of potatoes, a cup of corn, and 6-7 chicken nuggets that were about 3 inches long. Enough food for 3 small children in my opinion. I tasted the chicken and it was good. She ate quite a bit of it and the corn. ( I ate the mashed potatoes – yummmmmm) I had Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Duchess Potatoes and asparagus. The beef was cooked medium like I asked, and the sauce on it was wonderful. The potatoes were a little boring in my opinion (that’s why I ate DD’s mashed potatoes) but the asparagus was cooked perfectly and was seasoned lightly.

Ariel was next and had a perky, chipper personality. She also took a few minutes to talk with Claire and let her take a picture with her camera.

Belle was last. She was in her blue dress, and as she was making her way around, Claire voiced to me, “I wonder where the Beast is?” So I told her she needed to ask Belle. So she did! Belle said that he was at his castle – and pointed out the window! She said she was going to see him tonight and they were going dancing. Claire was amazed.

For dessert, DD got the “decorate your own cupcake”. She had a blast making it, but only ate a few bites. (The wishing ceremony started) She did devour it later that evening in the room.

I got the Chef’s Trio: pumpkin cheesecake tart with pecan praline top, flourless chocolate cake and espresso cheesecake with salted caramel sauce. They were all good, but the espresso cheesecake was my favorite.

The Wishing Ceremony came next. She stood through it, making wishes with her wand we were given, doing lots of “bibbidi bobbidi boo”ing. At the end, when the room twinkled with lights, she stood with her mouth open. Later she told me that her magic made the lights twinkle.Here's a video, if you're interested, of the ceremony. It's mostly just my DD waving her wand, as you can't hear the overhead audio on my video.

We packed up the cupcake, wand and wishing star and paid with our dining plan. To me, it was worth the two credits. The food was excellent, the service attentive and the princesses delightful.
I’m glad we didn’t take my DH and DS. They would have both been bored. It was a wonderful mom/daughter experience I will never forget and will do again next year.

Last edited by lmbcdb; 09-27-2012 at 09:46 PM.
lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

Aw, your daughter is adorable. What a fun experience! I haven't been to CRT yet, but someday. I'm glad to hear the food was good, and your desserts look delicious.
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Love these pictures and your DD is adorable!!!

We're going to CRT for the first time in February (I bit the bullet this time too!) and I loved your review!! Thanks!!

Princess on the Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

What a lovely report, thankyou
We are taking DD to CRT for lunch on her 4th birthday on Christmas eve, and just thinking about how wonderful the CM's and princesses are brings tears to my eyes, and I'm so excited about the reaction my DD will (hopefully!) have.
She doesn't even know yet that we are going to WDW! (1st trip)

Claire

Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

That's a great report It makes me more excited for our CRT visit in Nov. Do you have any pictures of your meal? You got what we'll probably get. Thanks!
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post
That's a great report It makes me more excited for our CRT visit in Nov. Do you have any pictures of your meal? You got what we'll probably get. Thanks!
Sorry, no pictures of the meal except the dessert. I didn't think about doing a review until afterwards.

lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: