Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #31
katt789
DIS Veteran

A great update! ugh, Le Cellier's seriously the most delicious meal I've EVER eaten! the food's soooo goood!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 11-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaittloveex
Wooo joining in!

My sister and I are doing a sister's trip next summer so I am so pumped to read all about yours and maybe steal some ideas!

Love the matching dresses. You're both so gorgeous!
Sister trips are the best!! We've already started planning for next year thanks for the wonderful compliment & thanks for following!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #33
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789
A great update! ugh, Le Cellier's seriously the most delicious meal I've EVER eaten! the food's soooo goood!!
Le Cellier was the best meal ever! We are def going back next year! Did you start your TR?? I haven't been browsing the trip report board too much!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #34
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

We enjoy Le Cellier a lot (though I don't eat steak so I definitely miss out on the best part of it!)
We tried the cheddar cheese soup for the first time this year, it's DH's new favourite food!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #35
cfw213
DIS Veteran

End of Day 1!

When we finished dinner, it was maybe 8:15 or 8:30...and I needed some Pepto, pronto! Our plan was to walk over and try to the rides in Mexico and Norway...I stopped at one of the stores right in front of World Showcase and they were able to provide me with Pepto and some water to take it with - free! So itís good to know if you ever need anything, they have a huge drawer full of medicine.

Anyway, we made it over to Mexico, walked around inside and then walked onto a boat for the Three Callebros. It was cute but, eh...I probably wonít do it again. Nothing thrilling. We head over to Norway and waited a few minutes for Maelstrom - this was one we didnít do last time and I really enjoyed it this time! The movie at the end wasnít playing, thank goodness. By the time we were done these two, it was probably 10 of 9:00. We were tired from our long traveling day, and we had a busy day for our first full day in the World...so we head out of the park to beat the Illuminations crowd. I did manage to grab this picture of Illuminations!

We got back to the hotel and of course our ME bags had arrived! Jess had sooo many tags on her bag!

We got home quickly and it was about 9:30, so we decided to take a dip in the big blue pool! First we had to show off our cute Mickey & Minnie towels.

We got these at the Disney store at home on sale for $10 each, woo!
We LOVED the big blue pool! I didnít realize before we got there, but its part salt water and part chlorinated...but you could really only tell when you went under water. I liked that we needed our key to get in too so it was more private. The underwater sound system is really cool, as is the zero entry. Although we didnít hear Crush, we did hear music and Jess heard Mr. Ray talking once. The pool was a good temperature and itís HUGE! We swam for maybe 20 minutes or so, then head back to the room to take showers and hit the hay - we had a busy day ahead of us!

Old 11-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #36
dvcmbr94
Mouseketeer

Great report so far! I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip and your dining reviews. Thanks for writing this.

DVC since 1994

Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #37
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 1 - Animal Kingdom

ETA: Sorry these pictures are so huge - hopefully they will resize itselfwhen Photopass decides to start working!

We were very excited when we woke up for our first full day in the "World"! We woke up around 7:30, got dressed and had a quick breakfast in the room. We were heading the water park later that day so we just wore bathing suits with coverups. We were at the bus stop by 8:30 and the bus came quickly...we arrived at Animal Kingdom no later than 9:10! It was super muggy already...the temperature wasn't that high but the humidity certainly was! I was glad we were wearing light clothing.

We got a locker so we didn't have to carry around our waterpark gear - towels, lotion, etc. I think it was $12 for a small one, with a $5 refund if you brought back the key. We stopped for a PP in front of the tree of life and then we moseyed on over to Everest.

As you can see, we are matching...AGAIN. Even though we didn't plan on it! My shirt is from Target - it was only $10!

As you can see, the park was EMPTY! It was wonderful...hardly anyone there.

Don't mind my frizz halo, it was a bit humid!

When we arrived at Everest we first grabbed a fastpass and then rode standby. Love this ride! I was even brave this time and put my hands up on the "big" drop!

After we rode Everest we hauled over to the Safari and waited in the standby line - it was probably between 10 and 15 minutes. First we had to stop for more Photopass!

I noticed that they stopped doing the whole "poachers" thing...the ride didn't really have a story, we just looked at the animal which I enjoyed. I tried not to take too many pictures! But I did get pictures of the baby rhino and the baby elephant - adorable!

After riding the Safari, we head back over to Everest again - as you can see the crowds were still super low!

Heres where I found the rule on FP return time to be inconvenient...we wanted to see the 11:30 FOTLK show, then head to lunch, ride Kali and head out to the waterpark (so we wouldn't be soaked for lunch)...we had to keep returning to Kali until it had a good FP return time. So we used our Everest FP, then walked BACK to Kali again before FOTLK. The FP return time was 12:00-1:00 so we just grabbed one and decided to use it before lunch instead of after. If we were wet, oh well! We walked over to Camp Minnie Mickey for our favorite show in WDW - Festival of the Lion King. But first we stopped for this silly magic shot!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #38
dvcmbr94
Mouseketeer

I just finished reading your trip report from December 2011. Great job! Thanks so much for sharing.

DVC since 1994

Old 11-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #39
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Yay I am in! I remember you from your pre trip report!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 11-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #40
Isthatyoutiger
DVC Member SSR Jan 2007

Great trip report can't wait to read more.

August 1998 Offsite -August 2000 Wilderness Lodge - December 2001 CBR - June 2003 AKL - December 2004 WL - January 2007 WL (20 yr Anniversary) - Joined DVC SSR Jan 2007
-June 2007 SSR - June 2008 SSR - August 2009 SSR - August 2010 DVC AKL Kidani Village - November 2011 Family B-Day Celebration DVC AKL Jumbo House -
Upcoming Trip - August 2013 BCV & Vero Beach
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #41
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatyoutiger View Post
Great trip report can't wait to read more.
Thanks for following!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Yay I am in! I remember you from your pre trip report!
Thanks for coming on over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcmbr94 View Post
I just finished reading your trip report from December 2011. Great job! Thanks so much for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcmbr94 View Post
Great report so far! I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip and your dining reviews. Thanks for writing this.
Thanks for following!! Glad you enjoyed my 2011 report - hopefully this one is better

Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #42
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Gah, I am such a horrible trip reporter! I am vowing to get this thing moving a little bit quicker - no promises though!

Real life update: Notice the new ticker?? We officially have dates for our next trip! I booked October 26-Nov 3, 2013 at Saratoga Springs for myself, my DH (FINALLY taking a trip with him!), my sister of course, her boyfriend, and my parents. I will probably switch the resort at 7 months, but that's where we are now!

Anyway, let's continue the TR! Where we left off, we were on our way to Camp Minnie Mickey to see FOTLK and hopefully meet some characters!

When we got to camp Minnie Mickey, it was only around 10:45 so we decided to meet some characters...we got in line for Chip and Dale but the line was moving sooo slow - so we jumped over to Donald! There were a few people waiting but it went quick. The CM who was moderating the line was really nice - he kept telling us funny things to Donald. He told Jess to tell Donald he was #1! As we were leaving I said to Donald, "I think Mickey is really number one" - he didn't like that! He got all angry and in my face, it was pretty funny.

After that we head over to FOTLK right as the doors were opening, I think around 11:15 - it wasn't that crowded, we got a spot in the giraffe section back 3 rows. I love this show! The costumes and music are amazing and all the performers are really talented.

The show finished around 12:00 or so and our FP for Kali were ready! So we walked over to the FP line and got into our little tube thing...I'd never ridden this ride before, but I really enjoyed it. Jess was the one that got SOAKED, and I wasn't far behind her! The lockers weren't up and running yet (wonder if they are now??), but we just put our bags in the middle and they didn't get wet. I enjoyed this ride but I wouldn't want to walk around all day soaking wet - luckily we were heading to Blizzard Beach!

But before that...lunch! We walked to Dinoland and went to...

Restaurantosauraus! It was probably around 12:30 by this time, but the lines were pretty short. We both ordered chicken nuggets...I got fries and Jess got apple slices, both with chocolate mousse. There is something soooo delicious about Disney chicken nuggets - I think I had them about 5 times on this trip!

Here's Jess showing off that delish chocolate mousse:

Since we were soaked and the air was blasting, we sat outside on the front porch. It was a nice quiet day and it was really peaceful and relaxing! The skies were looking a little dark at this point...we head out of the park around 1:00 and grabbed our stuff from the locker. We went to the bus depot and asked which busses went to Blizzard Beach...the first one we came to was Wilderness Lodge so we got on. It must have been time for them to change because we sat there for at least 15 minutes (only people on the bus) and it was soooo cold. I thought it would be awkward to get off since we were the only ones waiting so we just sucked up. Of course as soon as we pulled away from AK, it started to rain! It ended up raining off and on the entire time we were at BB, but luckily no thunder/lightening so it was a non-issue. If it's going to rain I want it to be when I'm already soaking wet and in a bathing suit!

Blizzard Beach was only a few minutes away. Soon we would be splashing down the slides!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #43
katt789
DIS Veteran

Not sure if I replied to the dining review, so I'll throw it in here, isn't Le Cel amazing?! That filet, ugh! I order mine without the risotto too, tasted some of my Mom's and I just didn't like it! Haha

I love that there are so many places you can get first aid things in the park, I went in for bandaids at Epcot and it was so simple and easy, I'm glad it's not a super hassle.

Super cute towels!! I always say I'm going to buy one but never end up doing so!! You guys had to use your keys to get into the big blue pool?? Paige and I just walked right in...weird... JEALOUS you heard characters! We only got music, I really wanted to hear Dory! Man, that saltwater really takes you by surprise the first time you get into the pool!!

How hilarious that you guys ended up matching without even meaning to! I do that on a regular basis with friends I work with, haha!

You guys certainly are utilizing the photopasses! Good on ya! I always feel like I need to stop everywhere if I've prepaid for the cd, you know, get my money's worth! I love Everest, I didn't do it the first time I was at Disney, super scared of everything, and now I'm all "I need a thrill ride!!" Ha!

UGH FOTLK. It's seriously the most amazing show I've ever seen, I'm so in love with all of it, and want to be a part of it sooo badly. Even the rumour of it being closed in January tears my heart apart! Hha!

The baby Simba magic shot is so cute!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Last edited by katt789; 11-28-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #44
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Not sure if I replied to the dining review, so I'll throw it in here, isn't Le Cel amazing?! That filet, ugh! I order mine without the risotto too, tasted some of my Mom's and I just didn't like it! Haha

I love that there are so many places you can get first aid things in the park, I went in for bandaids at Epcot and it was so simple and easy, I'm glad it's not a super hassle.

Super cute towels!! I always say I'm going to buy one but never end up doing so!! You guys had to use your keys to get into the big blue pool?? Paige and I just walked right in...weird... JEALOUS you heard characters! We only got music, I really wanted to hear Dory! Man, that saltwater really takes you by surprise the first time you get into the pool!!

How hilarious that you guys ended up matching without even meaning to! I do that on a regular basis with friends I work with, haha!

You guys certainly are utilizing the photopasses! Good on ya! I always feel like I need to stop everywhere if I've prepaid for the cd, you know, get my money's worth! I love Everest, I didn't do it the first time I was at Disney, super scared of everything, and now I'm all "I need a thrill ride!!" Ha!

UGH FOTLK. It's seriously the most amazing show I've ever seen, I'm so in love with all of it, and want to be a part of it sooo badly. Even the rumour of it being closed in January tears my heart apart! Hha!

The baby Simba magic shot is so cute!

Yes, Le Cellier is amazing!! We are already positive we are going back next time

We always had to use our keys to get in the pool! Maybe they weren't locked during the day or something? I think we always went at night. Weird though! We also went in the Flippin' Fins pool once too, it was cute!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #45
cfw213
DIS Veteran

We arrived at Blizzard Beach around 1:35...we put our big bags in the locker and left our shoes/clothes at a chair near the beach. First up was the mat slides - I think this was the "purple" section. We did the toboggan racers (7 or 8 people in a row...kind of like those big carnival rides but with water) and then we did the storm slides twice...the lines were short, about 5 to 10 minutes for each of these. The downhill double dipper was also in this section but the lines was fairly long - the sign said around 30 minutes, so we skipped it for the time being - we would be back another morning!

After all those steps we needed a break - so we rode the lazy river to the green section! The line for Summit Plummet was really long (plus, was I brave enough to try?? Find out on our next visit to BB later in the trip!), as well as the line to get on the chairlift. So we got off and walked up the reallllly long steps to do Teamboat Springs, the family raft ride. We enjoyed this ride but we had to ride with a guy and his kid, which would have been fine except the guys um...stuff...was hanging out the leg of his bathing suit. Talk about disturbing! I couldnt wait to get off that tube!!

When we got to the bottom we hauled back up the green slope again (the waterparks have SO MANY steps!). We got in line for Slush n Gusher, I think the line said 15 minutes but ended up being the longest we waited for any ride the whole trip! It was over 1/2 an hour by the time we got on, and I HATED this ride...it was really rough on your back and I got air on the second drop. I also wear contacts so I had to close my eyes the whole time since so much water is flying in your face. I will most definitely skip this ride next time!

After that, we were done the green side, so we headed over to the red slopes to do runoff rapids...the line for the closed tube was long so we grabbed a double tube and went down one of the open slides. It was fun, but nothing special! By then it was probably around 3:30 and we were ready for a snack! It was still raining, but Jess grabbed a Mickey premium bar which, as you can see, was a HUGE mess as it was all cracked and falling apart. I just realized this is also a Disney towel, but it's about 15 years old, ha.

And I got the famous mini-donuts with chocolate sauce. They were so good!!! I just wish I could have used a snack credit for them.

We grabbed our stuff from the lockers and put on a coverup, then headed out to the busses...our bus came pretty quickly and we were back at Art of Animation in no time.

Before heading back to our room, we stopped in the gift shop. I picked out a pink quilted Minnie iPad cover, a vintage looking Minnie cell phone cover and a metal Mickey decal for my car - which I love! I have pictures of all of our souvenirs later so I'll post it at the end. We stashed our stuff on a chair and took a dip in the Big Blue pool before heading back to our room. Yet again, I love how big this pool is and I love the underwater sound system. Jess heard Mr. Ray talking, but still no Crush! We swam for 15 minutes or so then headed back to the room to shower and get ready for dinner.

While Jess jumped in the shower, I grabbed our mugs and my camera and headed to the food court to fill them up. I took tons of good resort pics!

On the walk up to our hotel room - I think this was from the corner of the 2nd floor:

And this was the view from our room!
From the front:

And to the left. This was the flippin' fins pool:

This was another one of the little mermaid buildings, where you can see the cute decoration on the side.

Cute statue of Prince Eric! I think we have a picture later of one of us with him so you can see it to scale.

These were the lights in the LM section - as in usual Disney style, I love that the theme was carried out so well.

After the LM section, you walked through the Lion King. Between the LM and Lion King section, you could look left and see Pop-

First up in the LK section was a big Scar statue. It was raining a little bit, hence all the water drops on the camera

This was a kid's play area - I'm weird and always walked on the squishy floor.

This thing was so cute! Love Timon and Pumba:

Big adult Simba statue right before you get to Nemo section:

Cute little Zazu!

Next you walked into the Nemo section. The big blue pool is in front, and there is Nemo to the left and the dining hall/lobby to the right. I thought these were adorable!

I took mores pics of Nemo/Cars later in the week, so these will come later!

I filled up ours mugs, and when I was on the way back, for some reason I started thinking about our ADRs and realized I messed up! We were doing a split stay so we would have 6 TS meals from Saturday-Friday at midnight and 2 TS meals from check in on Friday-Saturday at midnight, but I had all our TS meals scheduled before Saturday - uh oh!!!

I told my revelation to Jess and after some researching we decided the best reservation to switch would be breakfast. We cancelled our Thursday CP reservation and switched it to Kona on Saturday morning. Crisis averted, I jumped in the shower and we headed out to dinner...Kona! Yep, I guess we were planning on eating there twice.

Last edited by cfw213; 12-09-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: