Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #16
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

Well that is wild. There are all sorts of communications that I would, today, put in a private message but those are, in fact, wall posts. Hard to believe but they are!

Since FB by default also saves all of your sent private messages, unless you specifically deleted them, you can double check that way. For example, I saw a post that looked like a private message on my timeline from my sis-in-law from 2008. I went into my private messages, found my messages between she and I from 2008 and they were not the same as what was on my timeline (thank GOD!!)

Just one way to check, if that makes sense.
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckay87 View Post
Well that is wild. There are all sorts of communications that I would, today, put in a private message but those are, in fact, wall posts. Hard to believe but they are!

Since FB by default also saves all of your sent private messages, unless you specifically deleted them, you can double check that way. For example, I saw a post that looked like a private message on my timeline from my sis-in-law from 2008. I went into my private messages, found my messages between she and I from 2008 and they were not the same as what was on my timeline (thank GOD!!)

Just one way to check, if that makes sense.

Exactly and that's how I knew they were messages, not posts. I double checked and messages were listing as wall posts. Definitely some things I would not want to share publicly, either to protect a friend from being hurt or just remembering old times w/friends that I do not need my family reading!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #18
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Yes, mine were private messages as well. Thanks for mentioning it so people are made aware.

I hid all mine, since those messages were private for a reason.
Thank you! My friend that let me know was getting all kinds of responses saying no one else saw them but I know they are there *stamping my feet* Glad to know she & I aren't crazy - you see them too!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #19
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephMK View Post
Thank you! My friend that let me know was getting all kinds of responses saying no one else saw them but I know they are there *stamping my feet* Glad to know she & I aren't crazy - you see them too!
I don't anymore, but I did before I hid them.

And honestly? I don't believe a word Facebook says about anything. So I keep a close eye on my account, but this one slipped past me.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #20
SaraJayne

I've also looked at some friends profiles, that I know I've sent PM's to. Yup, showing up in their timelines.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

can someone go over again how to hide from your timeline as I cannot find how many posted anywhere.

Thanks!
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

That is not cool. I just checked and sure enough there are private messages showing up. I know they weren't posted on my wall before, they were sent as messages.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #23
SaraJayne

In doing a little more digging, I've discovered it is showing up on some profiles and not others.

So why some and not others? Or I guess the real question should be, why are they showing at all?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #24
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
can someone go over again how to hide from your timeline as I cannot find how many posted anywhere.

Thanks!
When you go to your profile page, it will show to the right the dates 2012, 2011, etc and when you click on that year, on the right of your profile, it will show a box with all of your wall posts for that year.

Hover your mouse to the upper right of that box and a pencil will appear. Click on that pencil and it will show "hide from timeline".
Old 09-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #25
LauraEadon

I don't have Facebook anymore as of a month ago. Not looking back!!! My mother calls me for every technical problem, recently this. I thought she was nuts. Oops. Guess I'll have to go over there to look into it for her.
LauraEadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #26
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
In doing a little more digging, I've discovered it is showing up on some profiles and not others.

So why some and not others? Or I guess the real question should be, why are they showing at all?
I don't use FB often, in fact I'm rarely on it. I wonder if this is their way of trying to get me to log in and use it.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #27
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I can't find any on my timeline.
HM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #28
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've also looked at some friends profiles, that I know I've sent PM's to. Yup, showing up in their timelines.
Quote:

I know, I checked on my friends too. The one I was particularly worried about either deleted them before this change or they don't show *whew* Really did not want those as open reading.

I don't know why some and not others. I wonder if others had deleted their messages or maybe some settings are different than others?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #29
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I just checked again to make sure. Nothing it must have privacy settings
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #30
RhondaL
Mouseketeer

I couldn't find any of mine either. I went and deleted all my messages, so will that eliminate them showing up on my timeline?
RhondaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: