DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

DVC discount for park tickets

My family has an annual pass but we are taking my MIL with us in November. My question is, are there any types of discounts on park tickets? She needs an 8 day pass w\Hopper option.

Any insight is appreciated!
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

You can get discounted (but not by much) tickets at www.mapleleaftickets.com

I've bought tickets from them with no problems.

I've also bought tickets from ebay one time. No problems but that takes some serious trust and asking the right questions from the seller ahead of time.

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
You can get discounted (but not by much) tickets at www.mapleleaftickets.com

I've bought tickets from them with no problems.

I've also bought tickets from ebay one time. No problems but that takes some serious trust and asking the right questions from the seller ahead of time.
Yeah...def not going anywhere beside Disney for the pass!
I think there is one other place that legitimately can sell them...UNdercover Tourist? Given you have had success elsewhere is surprising to me.

I'm more curious if we get a DVC discount or if she should just order direct from Disney.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

I don't know of any discounts directly from Disney other than the AP. My sister and her kids or our mom go with us a bunch and we haven't found any discounts through disney.

I'm pretty sure that mapleleaf is an authorized disney ticket seller...

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
I think there is one other place that legitimately can sell them...UNdercover Tourist? Given you have had success elsewhere is surprising to me.

I'm more curious if we get a DVC discount or if she should just order direct from Disney.
We always order from UT with the Mousesavers discount. Same ticket, better price than from Disney.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
Disney Theme Park tickets are non-transferrable. If Disney suspects that you are using another persons ticket, they will deny you entry.

In FL, it's against the law to sell unused days from partially used theme park tickets. There are companies busted all the time for doing so.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

There are actually many Disney authorized ticket resellers, that sell tickets at a small discount. It's just that on the DIS, most recommend Undercover Tourist or Maple Leaf Tickets. So you don't need to get your tickets from Disney at all. But I would never buy tickets from eBay or anywhere that I didn't know for sure was an authorized reseller. If large discounts are involved, that is a red flag right there because the discounts offered by the authorized reseller are not that large (usually in that 3-7% range from what I've seen).
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
the DVC discount is only for APs/PAPs (and that only applies to those living at your address, IIRC.)

no DVC discount at all for magic your way tickets (which is a bummer).

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
LauraEadon

Sort off topic but I've been wondering-

If you were to sell your DVC membership, could you still renew the annual pass you bought with DVC, or would you have to be a DVC member even to renew? Not a Florida resident. Do they check things like that for renewal?

Not planning on selling, just something we were wondering.
LauraEadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraEadon View Post

If you were to sell your DVC membership, could you still renew the annual pass you bought with DVC, or would you have to be a DVC member even to renew? Not a Florida resident. Do they check things like that for renewal?

If you sell you are no longer a DVC member.... therefore you don't get the DVC rate.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraEadon

When you renew (or buy new) an annual pass and want to get the DVC discount, they are going to check it out - either via a membership card or online. I know they have the capabilities at Guest Services to check online to verify that you are a DVC member. If you are no longer a member, my bet is that they will allow you to renew at the regular rate.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
myzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My family has an annual pass but we are taking my MIL with us in November. My question is, are there any types of discounts on park tickets? She needs an 8 day pass w\Hopper option.

Any insight is appreciated!
If you are looking for an 8 day you might want to check out the PAP discount for DVC members about the same price with less restrictions and more options
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #13
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzel View Post
If you are looking for an 8 day you might want to check out the PAP discount for DVC members about the same price with less restrictions and more options
I am pretty sure this will not work unless they live in the same household. The DVC Discount on the PAP is only for members and family living in the same house. We use Undercover Tourist to save money on tickets
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #14
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
When you renew (or buy new) an annual pass and want to get the DVC discount, they are going to check it out - either via a membership card or online. I know they have the capabilities at Guest Services to check online to verify that you are a DVC member. If you are no longer a member, my bet is that they will allow you to renew at the regular rate.
When you buy or activate an AP, they have to key your member number into the computer. One time I had to wait because the cm kept keying the number wrong. So if your membership is not active, the computer will probably reject it.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:

If you arent going to get them anywhere then WDW, then, no there is no discount. Maple leaf is authorized reseller as is undercovertourist, but if you dont want to buy from anyone other then WDW, then no discounts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: