Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Upgrading Two Park Hoppers for an AP?

Did a search so perhaps I just used the wrong key words but....I'm purchasing two, five day PH's for myself trough AAA. I want to upgrade them to a Premium annual--is that possible? I want both to apply. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks,
Kerri

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Not typically. Is there a reason you are buying two instead of just buying one and then upgrading?

It is possible the could make an exception and let you apply the value of the second to the AP if the second hasn't been used, otherwise they have no way of knowing both were yours. You could very easily be taking two different people's passes and trying to use them for an upgrade. (Not saying YOU, but a person. )

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
MAH4546
DIS Veteran

No, it is not possible to combine park hoppers for one AP.

Also, any discount you get through AAA does not transfer to the AP. So if your AAA discounted ticket is, say, $249, you still have to make up the difference of the full $400 to get a Premium.
MAH4546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

I have occasionally heard of people getting more than one ticket applied to an upgrade. The only instances I have heard of that worked were when all of the following applied: only one of the tickets being used for the upgrade had been used, the "used" ticket was still valid, and the total value of the tickets did not exceed the cost of the pass being upgraded to.

I really don't understand why you want to do this though as I see no advantage. You will only get credit for what you actually paid for the tickets toward your upgrade, so even if you get a discount it won't help. Also, if you use the first 5-day ticket completely then start to use the 2nd 5-day ticket and then try to upgrade, you will still only be able to apply credit from the 2nd ticket since once a ticket is used up it no longer holds any value. If you want to use both tickets for entry on the same day to rack up fastpasses, a scheme an acquaintance of mine once asked me if I thought would work, again you won't be able to apply both passes to the same AP upgrade since both tickets will have been partially used and from Disney's perspective would be doubted as belonging to the same person.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
lurpee
Mouseketeer

I'm just asking as we are booking with AAA. I'm not upgrading everyone as DH won't go next December with us and DD's is cheaper to ppppc separately. The benefits of the AAA are the preferred seatings for four shows

Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpee
I'm just asking as we are booking with AAA. I'm not upgrading everyone as DH won't go next December with us and DD's is cheaper to ppppc separately. The benefits of the AAA are the preferred seatings for four shows
Sent too early. Continuing...We get a break on a lot of our stuff it seems, I didn't expect a price break on the overall AP and would upgrade the first day but I would get my MME and toon town vouchers supposedly. I'll call and see. I just wondered if anyone had actually don't it because what I'm told on the phone could differ from what I'm actually allowed to do once there.
Thanks!

Old 09-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Sorry about the spastic writing--I'm driving while posting. Jk. I've got a sleeping baby on me and she's active in her sleep!

Old 09-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
lurpee
Mouseketeer

I spoke to a CM today and he said I wouldn't know for sure until I got to the gate as they would have to make an exception but given the change in the PH's availability he didn't see any reason why they wouldn't. I may email one of the customer service people I've been talking about the PH's and hopefully can get a pro-upgrade response and print it out. He said that was the only way I could keep my premier seating for the shows and early entries.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: