Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
Monica D
Ready to plan my next cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva
yeah i feel you...big issue is that this year we seem to be having more humidity than in the past...like right now its over 80% humidity and 70º...so if it stays this high then its gonna be hotter than hades....
Humidity is the worst! Guess I should have planned a trip to WDW instead; we went this time a few year ago and the weather was perfect. Go figure!

Dh Me
Ds (16) Dd (14)
Monica D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #17
deanimal
DIS Veteran

I think the weather network was calling for humidity in the 30-40% range, so hopefully it won't be higher than that!
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #18
rwhistler92
Mouseketeer

This makes me sad. I don't do heat very well.

Oh well!

It will all be good.
rwhistler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #19
MrsMears
Mouseketeer

I was DLR yesterday and earlier this week...it was incredibly humid!

Premium AP holders!
DLR visits
UPcoming:

2014: Beginning of March, 4 days
Past Disneyland visits:
2013: 6 days
2012: 48 Days
1988: Grad Night
1986: May
1973-1980: Monthly+
Past WDW visits:
July - August 1977
MrsMears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #20
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
The heat of September and beginning of October always surprises me in California--but it shouldn't because I should know better! It is like this every year. September is notoriously a VERY hot month, and there are often wild fires associcated with it.
I've been there 4 times in a Sept or Oct since '07, and I've never once encountered heat like is being described. In '07, it was nearly cold some days. We went back in December and it was warmer most days than it had been in September!

This news is...not happy-making for me. Sure, I'm quite a bit lighter than I was the last times I had to deal with high heat, but still. Dang.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #21
seadd67
DIS Veteran

We will be there starting the 2nd of Oct for 6 days, looks and sounds like it will be a warm one!. I think i will take the DL heat over the WDW heat. W where In WDW at about the same time last year, and wow the humidity just kicks the juice right out of you, but i learn (from going to WDW yearly) water,water and more water. Pace your self after all your on vacation!, but not pushing your self is a very big key!. For some reason I am going to bring sun tan lotion, in Florida i never burn, but from what I remember, the sun in SC is more intense!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #22
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliplc View Post
We'll be there Saturday night through Tuesday. Just saw a forecast for 100 Sunday the 30th and 101 Monday the 1st. We might as well have gone in August

People going this coming week should be prepared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletink View Post
ACK! Last I checked it 92 ish for next week which is hot enough...but 99-101 (depending on what site you look at is crazy!

Well, at least I guess I don't have to worry that my favorite sweater has seen better days, I am not going to need it.

I am just hoping they are wrong and cools down.

woah! philiplc Im not sure what weather forecast you were looking at but its definitely not that now...its pretty close to what twinkletink is saying..but it will get mid 90's for sure...unfortunately the humidity is what is going to make it so much hotter..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane View Post
How cool is it at nights in the parks? I have some long sleeved thin cotton pjs I was going to have the kids wear but won't bring them if it is still hot at nights.
well right now, as we speak (its almost 10:30pm) its like mid 60s...and the lowest its supposed to get is a few degrees cooler...so not much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane View Post
Humid I understand! I am from Florida originally :D It is "supposed" to cool off when we go (right now the forecast for the first 2 days we are there, Oct 5 and 6, says mid 80s during the day, mid 60s at night).
one thing to be aware of...i guarantee that forecast will change again before you come...I suggest not to pay attention to what it says until 2 to 3 days out..our weather is so wacky that it could be 90ºs one day and 75 the next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanimal View Post
I think the weather network was calling for humidity in the 30-40% range, so hopefully it won't be higher than that!
30 to 40% is not a good thing when you are used to having less than 10% on average...that percentage will make 92 feel closer to 94 and if its 95 it will feel closer to 98
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #23
philliplc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
woah! philiplc Im not sure what weather forecast you were looking at but its definitely not that now...its pretty close to what twinkletink is saying..but it will get mid 90's for sure...

currently for Monday the 1st:

weather.com 100
bing.com 102
wunderground.com 104 (!)
philliplc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #24
philliplc
Mouseketeer

accuweather warning

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ana...arnings/327150
Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #25
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
30 to 40% is not a good thing when you are used to having less than 10% on average...that percentage will make 92 feel closer to 94 and if its 95 it will feel closer to 98

We're going to be there from Oct. 5-8, and I have been so worried about the heat... But that puts it into perspective for me. With 30-40% humidity, we would all shrivel up and crack here. We only hit ranges like that with freakish cold fronts sometimes. Usually it's at least 80%. Mid-80's and only 30% humidity would be an awesome change from our weather this time of year -- I'll take it!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #26
philliplc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
We're going to be there from Oct. 5-8, and I have been so worried about the heat... But that puts it into perspective for me. With 30-40% humidity, we would all shrivel up and crack here. We only hit ranges like that with freakish cold fronts sometimes. Usually it's at least 80%. Mid-80's and only 30% humidity would be an awesome change from our weather this time of year -- I'll take it!!

current forecast is for heat wave sunday through wednesday, then cooling down quickly.

right now oct 5-8 looks GREAT, dropping into the 70s. accuweather even says periods of rain sunday the 7th.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #27
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Oh thank goodness! I know the 5 thru 8 is going to be super crowded and didn't want to have to deal with extreme heat as well...I'm pregnant and heat intolerant right now and DH has always been heat intolerant. I can do mid 80s but high 90s would be too much.
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #28
deanimal
DIS Veteran

I thought I'd translate the temps to metric since I only speak Canadian and the it gave me a forecast of 39 for both Monday and Tuesday! For comparison, we consider anything above 30 to be a heat wave and the hottest temperature EVER recorded in Vancouver was 33.8! I can't even get my head around 39! It's starting to scare me a bit.
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #29
twinkletink
Earning My Ears

Lots of cool weather vibes to Anaheim....please, please, please....
twinkletink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #30
Mary09
Mouseketeer

http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2-Cool-Sq...g-Fan/15992436

These are usually around $3 at Walmart this time of year. They probably sell them in the parks for 4-5 times that. They can make a big difference.

This mini model might be interesting.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2-Cool-Ca...g-Fan/15992433
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: