Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #1351
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousingAround View Post
We are picky about breakfast foods (BF specifically, always thought the breakfast food at the value resorts tasted like it was sitting under a heat lamp)
Well the make-your-own Yogurt Parfait doesn't spend too long under the heat lamp.

We rather like the breakfast options to be honest, all apart from the bacon (as you Americans call it). Frazzled strips of streaky bacon are not a Brit's idea of bacon - however it seems to be normal for the USA, so "when in Rome...." as the saying goes.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 12-01-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #1352
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousingAround

On a side note, are breakfast foods any better than at the values?? We are picky about breakfast foods (BF specifically, always thought the breakfast food at the value resorts tasted like it was sitting under a heat lamp) and tend to drive out to a Denny's or IHOP while at Disney. I'd really like to eat at the resort though due to how much less time it would take!

I can't wait and am counting down the days!
The food court is quite busy so nothing gets left out for long. Most items were cooked to order when we were there in August. I found the offerings quite good, plenty to choose from and portions were generous.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #1353
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousingAround View Post

On a side note, are breakfast foods any better than at the values?? We are picky about breakfast foods (BF specifically, always thought the breakfast food at the value resorts tasted like it was sitting under a heat lamp) and tend to drive out to a Denny's or IHOP while at Disney. I'd really like to eat at the resort though due to how much less time it would take!
I find breakfast to be about the same at Values and Mods. The exception being The Pepper Market at CSR. I have not eaten at Landscape of Flavors at AoA so I can't comment on that.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #1354
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs
I've been lurking for quiet awhile,but just can't contain my excitement any longer. We're usually Pop people, tried CBR once and felt so...far...away from the main pool and food court, so I was a little nervous about booking. My MIL is going with us so we needed the extra room, and every day I get on hear and see TONS of positive things about the resort and CM's. I'm so stinking excited!!! It's going to be me, hubby, MIL and our two boys, 10 and 6 in a preferred room, as well as my SIL, her hubby and girls, 11 and 15, and then our friends with their two girls 2 and 6, bringing along a set of grandparents. We're going 1/11-19 and me, hubby and SIL are running the 1/2 marathon ( my first-YIKES!!!)

So thank you to all who've posted. You've eased my mind about this new resort. I will definitely let you know how our experience goes!!
I'm in the same boat! My wife and I are usually DVC people, but we just couldn't snag a room, so we opted for POR. We had dinner at Boatwrights last summer and enjoyed drinks in the bar while we were there, so we decided to give it a shot.

I'm also running my first 1/2 as well, so best of luck to you! BTW, we'll be there from1/9-1/14, so stop by and have drink with us when you check in!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #1355
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Well the make-your-own Yogurt Parfait doesn't spend too long under the heat lamp.

We rather like the breakfast options to be honest, all apart from the bacon (as you Americans call it). Frazzled strips of streaky bacon are not a Brit's idea of bacon - however it seems to be normal for the USA, so "when in Rome...." as the saying goes.

Andre
You've peaked my curiosity, what is a Brit's idea of bacon?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #1356
That Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Thanks very much for your "thank yous" in return. I just hope everyone has a magical time. Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas here!
I want to add my thanks to you, also! I received an email within a few hours of faxing my request to POR and it was granted! You are a generous person, Venomhatch, to spend so much time and effort to help us. A very merry Christmas to you!
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #1357
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

walking

Is the port orleans within walking distance to anything or do you have to take a boat, bus, etc to get anywhere. (other than within resort?)
2013 MNSSHP/FAMILY TRIP TO DL
2014 BCV
Old 12-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #1358
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesgr8 View Post
Is the port orleans within walking distance to anything or do you have to take a boat, bus, etc to get anywhere. (other than within resort?)
Nope. You have to take a bus to get to any of the parks, and a bus or boat to get to DTD.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #1359
Nixie
DIS Veteran

I was just abe to do our online check in!! 10 days until we stay at POR for the first time!!

Old 12-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #1360
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
I was just abe to do our online check in!! 10 days until we stay at POR for the first time!!
It'll be our first stay at POR also! So exciting! We arrive at MCO in less than a week......will check in to POR a week from sunday!

I still haven't decided whether or not we should do online check in......i'm pretty anxious....maybe I should just do it?!?
Old 12-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1361
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Mom View Post
I want to add my thanks to you, also! I received an email within a few hours of faxing my request to POR and it was granted! You are a generous person, Venomhatch, to spend so much time and effort to help us. A very merry Christmas to you!
Thank you. I hope you have a very nice Christmas Holiday also and a very magical visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
PMing you back now.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #1362
Nixie
DIS Veteran

I just sent in my fax with your help Venomhatch. Thank you so much The panic/excitement is starting to set in Soooo much to do with so little time left to do it in. We will be checking in Dec. 11th - 18th. Just the hubby and I. We will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary First time at Port Orleans Riverside. First time at Disney during Christmas time. First vacation without the kids!

Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #1363
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie
I just sent in my fax with your help Venomhatch. Thank you so much The panic/excitement is starting to set in Soooo much to do with so little time left to do it in. We will be checking in Dec. 11th - 18th. Just the hubby and I. We will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary First time at Port Orleans Riverside. First time at Disney during Christmas time. First vacation without the kids!
We are there the 10th-16th for our 5th anniversary as well! Hope you have a great time!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #1364
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS View Post
You've peaked my curiosity, what is a Brit's idea of bacon?
LOL, mine too. Glad you asked.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #1365
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
LOL, mine too. Glad you asked.

Even for Americans...I thought the bacon kind of 'meh' I like mine crispy and not limp.

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: