Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #1276
SeniorPrincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamini View Post
I also want to send a huge thank you to VENOMHATCH! I faxed in my room request last week, today I followed up with an email and heard back within minutes stating all requests were granted! Can't wait to check in tomorrow!!!
I have read about doing the fax request, but how do you do the email follow-up? What is the email address? Thanks from a newbie. We Senior Princesses can hardly wait for our Royal River View Room in December!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #1277
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oka1jeg View Post
The fax machine must be going nuts from the posts on this thread!!
LOL. I suspect it's all Venom's fault

Actually, I heard from the room assignment manager at POR a couple of days ago, and one of the things he was saying is that they've been noticing a larger than normal amount of faxed requests recently. He says he's pleased to get these though, as it's much easier to sort out detailed requests with a few days notice than it is when people just arrive at check-in and ask.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #1278
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Hey all!

Just booked a Royal Guest Room water view for Marathon Weekend! My wife and I are extremely excited about staying here for the first time as we have visited several times, but never stayed (we're DVC members, so we try to stay at one of those resorts first). However, Marathon Weekend seems to be very popular as we couldn't grab a DVC room anywhere. No worries, as I said before we're very happy to be staying at POR for the first time!

A couple of questions though...

How busy does the resort actually get during Marathon Weekend and what are the chances we can change our room prior to departure? While we're excited to further explore the resort, I only booked this room after several calls stating that there were no more rooms available with the AP discount. Are they really that busy? Can't wait for Jan. 9th to get here!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 11-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #1279
skippingthrudisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMMouse View Post
You'd have to take the monorail or ferry over from MK to the TTC to get a taxi
Well that might not be worth the trouble! I was trying to avoid long lines at the end of a long night. It might be faster to walk to the Contemporary and try it. Does anyone know how much it might cost??
Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #1280
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
How busy does the resort actually get during Marathon Weekend and what are the chances we can change our room prior to departure?
It can't hurt to keep trying, you never know when someone might cancel/etc. But it's less likely that you'll get a discounted room come up that way, especially on a marathon weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippingthrudisney View Post
I was trying to avoid long lines at the end of a long night. It might be faster to walk to the Contemporary and try it. Does anyone know how much it might cost??
I think around $15 or so. And yes, walking over to the Contemporary would definitely be your best option for a taxi from the Magic Kingdom at closing time. You'll walk right past the bus stops anyway, so you could judge the wait time on your way.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #1281
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Actually, I heard from the room assignment manager at POR a couple of days ago, and one of the things he was saying is that they've been noticing a larger than normal amount of faxed requests recently. He says he's pleased to get these though, as it's much easier to sort out detailed requests with a few days notice than it is when people just arrive at check-in and ask.

Andre
Thanks Andre, getting ran over by a bus is pretty cool! JP!

-------------------------------
To everyone else...

Yeah the "RAM" at POR has not complained so everyone is good. So fear not it is just been busy lately most likely due to he holiday guests making their way down. Yeah it does help actually to get these requests sorted out in plenty enough time before their arrivals.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #1282
lucifie
DIS Veteran

I have a question about driving vs. buses from POR. We're going in January and it will be 6 of us - DH and me and our 4 kids. We'll most likely have 2 strollers - an adaptive stroller for our oldest with special needs and a regular stroller for the 2 year old. We'll have our car with us and we're thinking it might be easier to just drive, instead of trying to juggle 4 kids and 2 strollers on the buses and trying to keep them from bothering everyone around us. DD qualifies for a handicapped parking permit and even though we don't normally need it in our every day life, we're thinking about getting it for WDW just because of the massive amount of walking.

Given all that, is there a reason why taking the buses would be better? I've heard that at MK it's better because the buses get you much closer to the entrance. The only other reason the buses might be an advantage would be if we wanted to drink, but DH and I aren't big drinkers, especially when we're with the kids, so I don't think that's a big selling point.

I hope this doesn't turn into a hot topic. I've seen threads turn hot from discussions of strollers, especially strollers on buses, and handicapped permits, but this thread seems pretty friendly.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #1283
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Thanks Andre, getting ran over by a bus is pretty cool! JP!

-------------------------------
To everyone else...

Yeah the "RAM" at POR has not complained so everyone is good. So fear not it is just been busy lately most likely due to he holiday guests making their way down. Yeah it does help actually to get these requests sorted out in plenty enough time before their arrivals.
That is good to know! Still hoping for some pixie dust for our trip, but it will be unbelievable regardless. This thread has been invaluable to assuring we get the most out of it. 11 days until we surprise the kids!!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #1284
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal

Not so, you can get a Taxi from POR. In fact, they now have Taxi stations there.
Their answer was correct; the OP was asking how to get from MK to POR.

Not POR to MK.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #1285
JStiffler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie
I have a question about driving vs. buses from POR. We're going in January and it will be 6 of us - DH and me and our 4 kids. We'll most likely have 2 strollers - an adaptive stroller for our oldest with special needs and a regular stroller for the 2 year old. We'll have our car with us and we're thinking it might be easier to just drive, instead of trying to juggle 4 kids and 2 strollers on the buses and trying to keep them from bothering everyone around us. DD qualifies for a handicapped parking permit and even though we don't normally need it in our every day life, we're thinking about getting it for WDW just because of the massive amount of walking.

Given all that, is there a reason why taking the buses would be better? I've heard that at MK it's better because the buses get you much closer to the entrance. The only other reason the buses might be an advantage would be if we wanted to drink, but DH and I aren't big drinkers, especially when we're with the kids, so I don't think that's a big selling point.

I hope this doesn't turn into a hot topic. I've seen threads turn hot from discussions of strollers, especially strollers on buses, and handicapped permits, but this thread seems pretty friendly.
We had a car and 1 stroller this past October and it worked out well. We drove to Epcot, HS, and AK, took the bus to MK, and boat to DTD. We are AAA members so we had the diamond parking pass and arrived at the parks between 10-11 am on the days we drove.
We had early reservations before rope drop at MK so the bus was fairly empty on the way there. DH and a few other dads stood with strollers for the ride back after Wishes, but I didn't hear any complaints from any passengers. Everyone was very friendly.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #1286
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Not so, you can get a Taxi from POR. In fact, they now have Taxi stations there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Hey BSG, they were right they are talking about, "from the Magic Kingdom to POR."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Their answer was correct; the OP was asking how to get from MK to POR.

Not POR to MK.
Either way, you cannot catch a taxi or depart from a taxi at MK. Your cab drops you off at the TTC from any resort (or anywhere else) and then have to monorail or boat into MK; you have leave MK by monorail or boat to the TTC to catch a cab back to any resort (or anywhere else).

Old 11-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #1287
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Ordering water/supplies from Walmart

Hey everyone! We're 10 days out!!! Whooo!!!

I'm ordering some supplies from Walmart and have hit a snag. I put the resort's address in and it is showing up as:

Hold for Michelle Bult 12/8-12
c/o Disney's Port Orleans Rive,
1251 Riverside Drive,
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

So, the "/15" is missing from the top line and "rside" is missing from the second line - should I be concerned?

Has anyone ever ordered from Walmart before? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by ChelleyB; 11-28-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: New Issue
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #1288
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie

We always rent a car. It's just more convenient for us. Yes the bus does drop you off right at the front but it's not bad parking and jumping on a tram. And if you get there early enough you park close enough to the entrance to just walk. Theres alot of waiting in line for buses.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #1289
kris4360
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="lucifie"]I have a question about driving vs. buses from POR. We're going in January and it will be 6 of us - DH and me and our 4 kids. We'll most likely have 2 strollers - an adaptive stroller for our oldest with special needs and a regular stroller for the 2 year old. We'll have our car with us and we're thinking it might be easier to just drive, instead of trying to juggle 4 kids and 2 strollers on the buses and trying to keep them from bothering everyone around us. DD qualifies for a handicapped parking permit and even though we don't normally need it in our every day life, we're thinking about getting it for WDW just because of the massive amount of walking.

I hope this doesn't turn into a hot topic. I've seen threads turn hot from discussions of strollers, especially strollers on buses, and handicapped permits, but this thread seems pretty
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #1290
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Andre
Does this process work for all of the resorts? I am in the process of planning a trip and haven't settled on a resort yet, but POR is in the running.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DL - numerous times as I grew up in CA
WDW - CBR 97, Poly May 2013
DCL - Dream April 2014
DCL - Fantasy August Eastern Caribbean 2015

Me 40 DH 48, DD7, DD5
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: