Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #1231
jessic2422
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara

See the sticky regarding shipping to your resort; definitely follow the instructions, especially the address and carrier.
I am really ignorant, how do I see a sticky. Sorry
Old 11-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #1232
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessic2422 View Post
I am really ignorant, how do I see a sticky. Sorry
Don't feel bad. I see by your low number of posts that you are fairly new here.

Select the Resorts Forum. The first threads at the top are listed as "Sticky" for various subjects. The 3rd sticky down currently is *** INFO: Shipping to Your Resort*** http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #1233
jerlove
Hello

I am currently at POR. This is our first time staying at this resort and so far we are very happy with our choice. Check in yesterday was a breeze and we were very surprised when the CM told us our room was ready as we checked in at around 11 am.

Ate dinner last night at Boatwrights and it was fantastic. Everyone of us enjoyed our meals and have now put it on the list of must do's for us.

We had booked a standard room and requested Magnolia. We got our request. Our location is perfect. We drive to the parks so were very happy to see that our room was just a few steps away from our parking spot and we got a coroner room with the two windows looking out at the quiet pool. After staying at CBR last year and experiencing the painfully long walk to the main pool a food court I can't tell how ecstatic we were when on our walk over to Boatwrights we realized we just passed the main pool and had only been walking for a couple of minutes then got to the main building about 2 minutes latter. Hard to believe the preferred rooms are any closer?

The only "cons" to our fabulous first night at POR. We were given an accessible room. I am not 100% sure on this but it seems like we sacrificed some nice features by having this room such as the double vanity and the separate sink and toilet areas. We also do not have the bench and coat rack but a armoire instead. Not sure yet if I like it better or wish I had a typical room. Our corner room right in front of our door is a large green electrical transformer that gives off a large hum noise very noticeable outside but do not notice it here in the room. The one window looks out at a trellises so nice to have the two windows but neither of them really have a view. One other concern so far has proven to be a non issue is that right beside our room is a mouse keeping room. I was worried about hearing carts banging around early in the morning but as of 8am this morning I have not heard a thing.

The pros to this resort far outweigh the minor cons of my room.

Looking forward to a great week. Got to go kids want to go to the pool. You know we are from Canada when it is only 10 degrees Celsius outside and they want to swim.
Jan 12-CBR
Nov 12-POR
Jan 15- AKL and BC

Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #1234
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

Hello all!

I'm looking for some advice from POR experts. I have made a Chef Mickey reservation for our upcoming May trip for the morning of our departure. Currently I have an 8:30am reservation. Factoring time to get from POR to Chef Mickey. But I'm not sure just how much time we will actually need. I know we will need to first catch a bus from POR to the transportation center then we can either walk or hop a monorail to CR. But what time would we want to try to catch the bus? If we caught a 7am bus would we have enough time? Also our return flight leaves MCO at 2:45. I'm under the impression that DME picks up 3 hours before flight, correct? So if we have an 8:30am ressie at Mickey's will we be able to make it back to POR in enough time to get on ME? Or should I have made an earlier ressie?

Thanks!
Me , DH , DS (6) , DD (3), (baby #3, arriving April '15)
Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #1235
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack
Hello all!

I'm looking for some advice from POR experts. I have made a Chef Mickey reservation for our upcoming May trip for the morning of our departure. Currently I have an 8:30am reservation. Factoring time to get from POR to Chef Mickey. But I'm not sure just how much time we will actually need. I know we will need to first catch a bus from POR to the transportation center then we can either walk or hop a monorail to CR. But what time would we want to try to catch the bus? If we caught a 7am bus would we have enough time? Also our return flight leaves MCO at 2:45. I'm under the impression that DME picks up 3 hours before flight, correct? So if we have an 8:30am ressie at Mickey's will we be able to make it back to POR in enough time to get on ME? Or should I have made an earlier ressie?

Thanks!
Always plan on an hour travel time to be safe. Buses start running at 6:30 am for early adr's, so you will not have a problem.

For a 2:45 pm flight, your bus will leave any time from 11:30 to 11:45 am, so you should leave by 10:45 am, so you have plenty of time.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #1236
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlove View Post
I am currently at POR. This is our first time staying at this resort and so far we are very happy with our choice. Check in yesterday was a breeze and we were very surprised when the CM told us our room was ready as we checked in at around 11 am.

Ate dinner last night at Boatwrights and it was fantastic. Everyone of us enjoyed our meals and have now put it on the list of must do's for us.

We had booked a standard room and requested Magnolia. We got our request. Our location is perfect. We drive to the parks so were very happy to see that our room was just a few steps away from our parking spot and we got a coroner room with the two windows looking out at the quiet pool. After staying at CBR last year and experiencing the painfully long walk to the main pool a food court I can't tell how ecstatic we were when on our walk over to Boatwrights we realized we just passed the main pool and had only been walking for a couple of minutes then got to the main building about 2 minutes latter. Hard to believe the preferred rooms are any closer?

The only "cons" to our fabulous first night at POR. We were given an accessible room. I am not 100% sure on this but it seems like we sacrificed some nice features by having this room such as the double vanity and the separate sink and toilet areas. We also do not have the bench and coat rack but a armoire instead. Not sure yet if I like it better or wish I had a typical room. Our corner room right in front of our door is a large green electrical transformer that gives off a large hum noise very noticeable outside but do not notice it here in the room. The one window looks out at a trellises so nice to have the two windows but neither of them really have a view. One other concern so far has proven to be a non issue is that right beside our room is a mouse keeping room. I was worried about hearing carts banging around early in the morning but as of 8am this morning I have not heard a thing.

The pros to this resort far outweigh the minor cons of my room.

Looking forward to a great week. Got to go kids want to go to the pool. You know we are from Canada when it is only 10 degrees Celsius outside and they want to swim.
Wow thank you on such a nice review of the resort. Yeah you had an Handicap Accessible room as far as what you have described. Glad you had an great trip overall!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #1237
mommycal
Mouseketeer

Morning everyone & happy Monday. TWO weeks from today we'll be at the world. I'm nervous to send the email, fax, LOL!!!!

Should the email have any particular title/header? I'll be requesting something probably in bldg 14, on the 1st floor due to our 3 kids and huge double stroller. Any other thoughts? :D
Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #1238
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal
Morning everyone & happy Monday. TWO weeks from today we'll be at the world. I'm nervous to send the email, fax, LOL!!!!

Should the email have any particular title/header? I'll be requesting something probably in bldg 14, on the 1st floor due to our 3 kids and huge double stroller. Any other thoughts? :D
Did you pay extra for any special room views? I would include that in the fax, too. We arrive in 12 days so we'll be there around the same time. Building 14 is a preferred view...but we did pay for a King room so I'm hoping that gets us in one of those buildings as well!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #1239
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
Hello all!

Thanks!
I think the bus you will need to take to Chef Mickeys is the one to the MK, not transportation center. Then walk or monorail from there. Have fun!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #1240
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
I think the bus you will need to take to Chef Mickeys is the one to the MK, not transportation center. Then walk or monorail from there. Have fun!
Correct. There aren't any buses going from the resorts to the TTC. And you would really have to stretch out your meal or get seated extremely late to have to worry about making it back to POR in time to catch the DME bus for a 2:45 flight. (And yes, the pick-up time is about 3 hours before the flight.)
Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #1241
poohmickey
Mouseketeer

Location: West Coast - more than 3,000 miles from WDW - but that won't stop us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
The walk to the Contemporary is short and quite enjoyable, plus no waiting for another bus.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #1242
mommycal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Did you pay extra for any special room views? I would include that in the fax, too. We arrive in 12 days so we'll be there around the same time. Building 14 is a preferred view...but we did pay for a King room so I'm hoping that gets us in one of those buildings as well!
Hi Kathy! we paid for preferred which w/a family of 5 and hopefully some pixie dust I'm not sure if it was worth spending the $ on preferred. Is there such a bad spot/room in AB? have not heard back from Mr. Elg
Old 11-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #1243
bkowals25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
Hello all!

Thanks!

During our trip last month we did the same thing. Our reservation was at 8:45 and we left our room at POR at 7:45. Took the bus to MK and then took the Monorail. I believe our total travel time was 45 minutes.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #1244
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal View Post
Hi Kathy! we paid for preferred which w/a family of 5 and hopefully some pixie dust I'm not sure if it was worth spending the $ on preferred. Is there such a bad spot/room in AB? have not heard back from Mr. Elg
I think a preferred room is well worth the cost. Some of the standard rooms are a bit of a hike from the main building. The preferred location wasn't yet an option for our last trip, but I would be all about paying for it if we stay there again.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #1245
disneygirl2012
Earning My Ears

We are going for a stay in feb. yeah!!! We would love to go take a looking some photos at the AOA resort. Our boys love cars. Was just not in our budget this time around. I wondering what would be the best way to get there
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: