Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #1036
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWfirsttimer3 View Post
We are heading to POR tomorrow, or are supposed to be! Our house was broken into today, many items were stolen, including our vacation disney gift cards! I am not sure if we should still go on this vacation! Too many worries at home. What would you do?
I know this is nerve recking. But here is something I can offer.

Well here is back to one but you will have to have your receipts but you can claim your GCs again and they will probably make arrangements once you show up to issue them there.

Top portion states what you need to claim them. Second part is where the phone numbers are to contact them.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #1037
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are heading to POR tomorrow, or are supposed to be! Our house was broken into today, many items were stolen, including our vacation disney gift cards! I am not sure if we should still go on this vacation! Too many worries at home. What would you do?
So sorry! That's such a helpless feeling

Use Venom's post above to get your GCs back, and still go. You're not going to feel any better about the situation sitting at home, but hopefully being in Disney will take your mind off of it.

Have the neighbors (if you have them) keep an eye on things
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #1038
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Also can you have a friend watch the house? Perhaps they can come over and spend a lil time there randomly?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #1039
sflyer7
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much to venom for helping us with our last minute room requests! All my requests were met! Yay
Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #1040
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflyer7 View Post
Thanks so much to venom for helping us with our last minute room requests! All my requests were met! Yay
Well as always glad to hear. Have a magical stay with us and glad I was able to get a lil magic sent your way!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #1041
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears

Pm

Venom~ I've been trying to send you a PM and it won't go through??? Any ideas why?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #1042
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oka1jeg View Post
Venom~ I've been trying to send you a PM and it won't go through??? Any ideas why?
Just now got it. Ill read and reply there.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #1043
DWfirsttimer3
Earning My Ears

Thank you all. I do believe we will still go. I do have someone housesitting too. Venom, thanks for the info, unfortunately the receipts were in the bag with the cards! We will still have fun though. Thanks again, and yay, only 24 more hours! My daughter doesn't know yet, so hopefully the surprise will help her feel better, she has been begging to stay at POR in the royal rooms, and we are!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #1044
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Thank you all. I do believe we will still go. I do have someone housesitting too. Venom, thanks for the info, unfortunately the receipts were in the bag with the cards! We will still have fun though. Thanks again, and yay, only 24 more hours! My daughter doesn't know yet, so hopefully the surprise will help her feel better, she has been begging to stay at POR in the royal rooms, and we are!
I hope you will be able to leave your cares at the front entrance and have a magical time!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #1045
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Yeah no problem I wish there was more info to help. How did you pay for them was it by Credit/Debit you can have your bank statement if you can print that out and use that also.

Just a last minute thought.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #1046
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
So sorry this happened to you!

A good tip (although it won't really help you, but perhaps others) might be to take a picture of the back of any gift cards / receipts so you'll have that info should anything be lost or stolen. We actually took a picture of the back of our Photopass card just in case we lost that.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #1047
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

That stinks! Another option for logging GC's is the Disney Gift card app. You can log all the serial numbers of your cards and it keeps track of each one.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #1048
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

We will be leaving in 48 hours, .not that I am counting or anything. ;-) I checked in online two days ago but it wouldn't allow me to add the request near transportation. I figure it's maybe because we have an adjoining room request. I just thought it was strange since last time it allowed it. Really, I am just hoping to be able to park near the room but we always bus it once we get there. It just makes unloading the car so much easier. I don't know why I am fretting, I know all will be great once we get there. I guess I just have nothing left to do but load the car tomorrow and then get there :-)
Old 11-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #1049
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post
We will be leaving in 48 hours, .not that I am counting or anything. ;-) I checked in online two days ago but it wouldn't allow me to add the request near transportation. I figure it's maybe because we have an adjoining room request. I just thought it was strange since last time it allowed it. Really, I am just hoping to be able to park near the room but we always bus it once we get there. It just makes unloading the car so much easier. I don't know why I am fretting, I know all will be great once we get there. I guess I just have nothing left to do but load the car tomorrow and then get there :-)
Portocall, I want to ask: Are you hoping for adjoining rooms or connecting rooms? Connecting rooms have the inside door between the two rooms. Adjoining rooms are just rooms next to or near each other. Many people get the two things confused. I hope you asked for what you really want!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #1050
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

Quote:
Oh gosh! So sorry about this...how horrifying.

I hope that you can still enjoy your magical vacation, and don't let that thief ruin it for you.

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: