Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #856
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
They don't "let you". Your dining plan entitlements are valid until midnight of the day you check out.
I think they meant that on your check out day they allow people to 'cash in' their CS meals for snacks, and they were wondering if they could do that throughout their stay as well.

Not necessarily when things expire.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #857
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
I know the resort CS restaurants will usually let you use up leftover CS credits for snacks on checkout day.

But, will they let you exchange CS for snacks throughout your stay? Just thinking of breakfasts and wondering if we might be able to get something like cereal, milk and fruit cup the night before to have in our room to make the morning not so rushed. Do they allow you to make a "continental breakfast" using your counter service credits? TIA
It would depend on the CM. Some let you do it, some stick pretty much to the rules. I would not expect them to do it consistently each day.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #858
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
They don't "let you". Your dining plan entitlements are valid until midnight of the day you check out.
What she was asking if she could exchange her CS daily for a couple of snacks, rather than getting an entree, not just on the day you leave.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #859
njgrl622
Earning My Ears

We just got back from POR on Oct. 28th - we were able to use a CS credit for a bagel/muffin, drink, and piece of fruit. A couple of times we brought it back to the room for breakfast.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #860
dobirdsmommy
Mouseketeer

We just returned last night from our stay at Riverside from 10/25 to 11/5. Let me just say I have been looking forward to Riverside forever.

Honestly I will say I prefer Sports over Riverside. My husband felt the same way. There was more people at the counters in Sports then in Riverside to help and assist people, and they were definitely friendlier.

We tried to attend and stay to watch Bob one night; I just could not stomach some of the people. Bob was great though.. I stayed for 2 songs and then I just could not take the rude and abrupt people.

Buses are a hit and miss I will agree. Some-days we just took a taxi.

I will say Boatwrights has amazing food and I do not know how anyone complains about it. We had a great server and he was extremely attentive to our son. We gave him a 35% tip on our 175.00 bill which of course most was DDP anyway.

Front Desk did say they never received my fax or any CM notes on my reservations which I personally know were on there.

Acadia building is where we were. I could hear the kids running on the walkway above me and when someone flushed the toilet in the surrounding rooms it echoed thru our room.

Mousekeeping was fine, no issues no complaints there. And yes we did see snakes outside our room. Rule is on Disney property they can not be killed.

Boat rentals were good.

Just glad we left yesterday.. lots of kids coming in now.

I imagine it is the best resort to some so take my words with a grain of salt, but just not my cup of tea.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #861
kris4360
DIS Veteran

I just dont understand why people go to disney if they cant handle being around kids!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #862
dobirdsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4360 View Post
I just dont understand why people go to disney if they cant handle being around kids!
I have no issue with kids if your comment was towards me. I have an issue with kids with whom the parents are not watching them and they are running around at 11pm at night screaming unsupervised and when a CM says something they told the CM to shut up because that is not their mom or dad. We had a wonderful retired couple in the next room who they had pushed and moved out of the way slamming the poor man into the bushes. I tolerate kids fine TY. I just don't tolerate disrespectful kids
Old 11-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #863
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobirdsmommy View Post
I have no issue with kids... I tolerate kids fine TY. I just don't tolerate disrespectful kids
I can agree with this. But if I did see something like that it would not end with me seeing it.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #864
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobirdsmommy

I have no issue with kids if your comment was towards me. I have an issue with kids with whom the parents are not watching them and they are running around at 11pm at night screaming unsupervised and when a CM says something they told the CM to shut up because that is not their mom or dad. We had a wonderful retired couple in the next room who they had pushed and moved out of the way slamming the poor man into the bushes. I tolerate kids fine TY. I just don't tolerate disrespectful kids
No my comment wasn't toward you!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #865
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

I agree with Venom.... I would definitely have to say something (to the parents) if that happened in front of me.

I too, have very little patience for unsupervised and disrepectful children.

I have to say though, I have encountered WAY more children (rowdy ones) at Value resorts than at the Mods. I always attributed that to the fact that there are simply more children at the values (because of the theming), and with a larger ratio of children the more likely you are to run across unruly ones.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #866
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
I agree with Venom.... I would definitely have to say something (to the parents) if that happened in front of me.

I too, have very little patience for unsupervised and disrepectful children.

I have to say though, I have encountered WAY more children (rowdy ones) at Value resorts than at the Mods. I always attributed that to the fact that there are simply more children at the values (because of the theming), and with a larger ratio of children the more likely you are to run across unruly ones.
I am going to head by POR this afternoon and take a look around. It isn't usually that bad there with unsupervised kids.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #867
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I think they meant that on your check out day they allow people to 'cash in' their CS meals for snacks, and they were wondering if they could do that throughout their stay as well.

Not necessarily when things expire.
We were not even allowed to do this on the last day at POFQ this past trip..but had at POP the year before..oh well!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
Old 11-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #868
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobirdsmommy View Post

Mousekeeping was fine, no issues no complaints there. And yes we did see snakes outside our room. Rule is on Disney property they can not be killed.
Umm, snakes?

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 11-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #869
vicb224
Mouseketeer

Big big BIG thanks to Venomhatch for help with my room request for our trip in 9 days!
Mr. Elg sent me an email an hour after my fax stating he had assigned me a room with my requests!!
I'm so excited!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #870
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb224 View Post
Big big BIG thanks to Venomhatch for help with my room request for our trip in 9 days!
Mr. Elg sent me an email an hour after my fax stating he had assigned me a room with my requests!!
I'm so excited!!!
No problem. Glad he and I were able to help. Have a magical stay here at WDW!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: