Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #841
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

I hope to be in the far reaches of the resort this trip because I like it that way so I hope that wish is granted. I realize we are the minority and I hope someone who would rather be closer to the main action can get their wish granted due to my preference. I do understand why people prefer to be closer, however I enjoyed walking through the resort and being so close last time ended up being disappointing. To each their own. I figure no matter where our location ends up, Ill be happy. Hard not to be when at Disney.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #842
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall
I hope to be in the far reaches of the resort this trip because I like it that way so I hope that wish is granted. I realize we are the minority and I hope someone who would rather be closer to the main action can get their wish granted due to my preference. I do understand why people prefer to be closer, however I enjoyed walking through the resort and being so close last time ended up being disappointing. To each their own. I figure no matter where our location ends up, Ill be happy. Hard not to be when at Disney.
Good for you. Some of the farthest rooms at POR are the best!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #843
ajordan79
Mouseketeer

I'll be able to do online check in in about 8 days so i'm trying to get my requests in order. We booked a garden view room to get the free dining promotion. Are there garden view rooms available in mansion section of the resort? It really doesn't matter on the specific location of the room as far as location to bus stops, pools, etc. We just really prefer the Mansion section. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #844
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

There are garden view mansions but you'll need to call in to make that request and have it added to your ressie.

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #845
ajordan79
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="bluejasmine"]There are garden view mansions but you'll need to call in to make that request and have it added to your ressie.

Thank you! I will add that to my request.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #846
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I said I used the squinty eyes to defend my curb space. My dad and I are the sort who will sit on the curb for an hour or so before the parade and people watch. It is amazing how many people think nothing of shoving or pushing to try move you. I've squished down as much as possible to let kids sit next to me, but I'm not letting mom or dad take my spot!

It made me laugh that of all the things I've posted, the Tag Fairy hits me with that one!
I've sometimes requested my DH to sit on the curb with me up to 90 minutes in advance of MSEP for a prime viewing location for it and Wishes. The last time we even sat right next to a trash can, thinking that side would be safe from pushy people. But that didn't really help very much. The benefit of that strategy was that cast members kept letting them know they could not stay there in front of the trash can. One pair of 20 somethings had to be turned away 3 times! I'll have to practice my squinty eye look before February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I know over at the Poly latest free check out is 12pm after that they prorate a fee for later check out.
Lucky us, in May 2009 the Poly allowed us a 1 pm free late check out. We've also received it for both of our AKL visits. In all cases, it was first requested at check-in but confirmed the evening before check out through the front desk checking with housekeeping. Here's hoping our good fortune continues at POR in February.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #847
JStiffler
Mouseketeer

I just loaded my Disney pictures to my computer and Facebook from my trip in October. Makes me want to go back already!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #848
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

I'm sure this has been asked before, but for my sanity:

If I'm faxing a room request 4 days before our trip, should I do online check in at 10 days or not? I don't know if that messes things up.

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #849
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, but for my sanity:

If I'm faxing a room request 4 days before our trip, should I do online check in at 10 days or not? I don't know if that messes things up.
I would fax then do online check in. But call to make sure they receive it.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:44 AM   #850
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
Regardless of when you do online checkin, it won't actually be specifically looked at by a CM at the resort until a few hours before your arrival time (or presumably the night before if it's an early checkin). I don't think doing it 10 days or 24 hours out makes much difference.

However I guess one advantage of doing it between 10 and 5 days out would be so that the room assignment team can see your checkin time if there are any requests they need to look at in advance, or multi-room bookings to connect, etc.

So overall I would suggest doling online checkin first, as that way when you do send your fax, the system already has your checkin info/etc (although you could always repeat it in the fax if you wish).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #851
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

I know the resort CS restaurants will usually let you use up leftover CS credits for snacks on checkout day.

But, will they let you exchange CS for snacks throughout your stay? Just thinking of breakfasts and wondering if we might be able to get something like cereal, milk and fruit cup the night before to have in our room to make the morning not so rushed. Do they allow you to make a "continental breakfast" using your counter service credits? TIA

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 11-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #852
DBLGRR
Mouseketeer

Only 2 more sleeps I am looking forward to my stay at POR.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #853
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLGRR View Post
Enjoy your vacations.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me
Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #854
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLGRR View Post
Hope you have a magical time!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #855
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
I know the resort CS restaurants will usually let you use up leftover CS credits for snacks on checkout day.
They don't "let you". Your dining plan entitlements are valid until midnight of the day you check out.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: