Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #811
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Is there an advantage to checking in at day 10 rather than lets say day 4?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #812
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I've been a member of the disboards since 2001 and this is first time I've heard of the tag fairy!
I don't know how you missed the hundreds of threads a few years ago with people begging the Tag Fairy to tag them. It got way out of hand. Then the Tag Fairy kind of disappeared.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #813
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4360 View Post
Is there an advantage to checking in at day 10 rather than lets say day 4?
They generally can pull a better room if you say have requests on file. It helps your odds.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #814
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I don't know how you missed the hundreds of threads a few years ago with people begging the Tag Fairy to tag them. It got way out of hand. Then the Tag Fairy kind of disappeared.
I'm fairly new here and hadn't heard of the Tag Fairy before. Does he/she/it pull a random quote from you and put it in your profile?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #815
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
I'm fairly new here and hadn't heard of the Tag Fairy before. Does he/she/it pull a random quote from you and put it in your profile?
Its usually a random thing you may have posted in any thread. Be careful of your typos because they love typos. If you ever edit them you will lose your tags.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #816
princessand2princes
Earning My Ears

Our flight arrives at MCO at 10:00pm. We are then taking ME to POR. Since we are arriving so late, are we better off doing online checkin so we aren't left with whatever room is leftover? I was going to leave it to chance, but now I'm wondering if that would be a mistake. We have booked a preferred room. I would like to be really close to the food/ bus and on 1st floor because we are traveling with 3 young children (including 2 year old twins). Should I call reservations to make these requests ahead of time? Or fax the resort? I don't have a fax machine, but could go to kinkos or something as our trip gets closer (we go in Jan).
Old 11-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #817
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessand2princes View Post
Our flight arrives at MCO at 10:00pm. We are then taking ME to POR. Since we are arriving so late, are we better off doing online checkin so we aren't left with whatever room is leftover? I was going to leave it to chance, but now I'm wondering if that would be a mistake. We have booked a preferred room. I would like to be really close to the food/ bus and on 1st floor because we are traveling with 3 young children (including 2 year old twins). Should I call reservations to make these requests ahead of time? Or fax the resort? I don't have a fax machine, but could go to kinkos or something as our trip gets closer (we go in Jan).
PMing you.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #818
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I know I had to thank in all the threads I visited, because I have a feeling they are all over DIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post
Sorry, but I don't get it !!!
You can do a search for "tag fairy" and the threads strictly about her will pop up. I think someone created one once to thank her. I have never been so lucky, but love seeing other peoples tags. I laugh a lot, because she sometimes seems to pick random bits and pieces. I love it.

As for chosing POR over other resorts: we do it primarily because it can fit five people. But we keeping coming back, instead of going to Deluxe or Pop, because it is just so relaxing to be there. My husband and I love taking a walk around the property. The food court is phe-nom-in-al!!!!! Love it, love it, love it! All the many pools add to the enjoyment, as does the boat to DTD. And, except for AK, it's just a hop, skip and a jump to the theme parks.

Hope this helps!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #819
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

hello, hello! I have a question about late checkout for you...

My DH needs a quiet, private place to pray between 12-1pm on the day we check out (Feb 4), so we were hoping to confirm a late check out in advance.

I know it all depends on how busy they are, if they really need to get into the room to clean for the next guests, etc.

But I'm wondering if we will have a better chance of really getting that late checkout at 1:00pm if we do not request a specific room before arrival? We are booked in a garden view, but I haven't made any other specific room requests.

Many thanks for your help!

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #820
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
hello, hello! I have a question about late checkout for you...

My DH needs a quiet, private place to pray between 12-1pm on the day we check out (Feb 4), so we were hoping to confirm a late check out in advance.

I know it all depends on how busy they are, if they really need to get into the room to clean for the next guests, etc.

But I'm wondering if we will have a better chance of really getting that late checkout at 1:00pm if we do not request a specific room before arrival? We are booked in a garden view, but I haven't made any other specific room requests.

Many thanks for your help!
I know over at the Poly latest free check out is 12pm after that they prorate a fee for later check out.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #821
SeniorPrincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah I think I might have stirred a leaf where she or he may have been hiding.
So is the tag fairy the one who labels you a Disney
Dad and Cast Member while I am still "earning my ears"? Where/how do we list other WDW and DL resorts we have stayed at?

Plus a question about your upcoming March trip. Why 2nd floor Oak Manor? What is special about that location?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #822
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorPrincess View Post
So is the tag fairy the one who labels you a Disney
Dad and Cast Member while I am still "earning my ears"? Where/how do we list other WDW and DL resorts we have stayed at?

Plus a question about your upcoming March trip. Why 2nd floor Oak Manor? What is special about that location?
Well you get earning your ears when you first sign up. Soon I believe around 200 you rank up then again at either 500 or 1000 then is gets slower between classes after that. But Cast Member you get that once you prove to the Admin team here that you work for Disney by giving them some type of proof. The DisDad tag is because I am in the DisDad Club and that is my member number. You can type anything you want into your details when you go to UserCP then edit details. But you wont get weird funny tags in colors until the tag fairy sprinkles your profile with his/her magic. But if you ever change it after they modify it you will lose it.

Well to me less traffic by your window. To me I have never stayed in the Oak building before. I have been in every other building. Except the AB area. I have only been in building 14 over on that side.

As for listing previous trips, you can do that in your UserCP again under Edit Signature.

If you have any other off topic Qs you can PM me and I will help you. We try to keep it about POR here. No worries though.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #823
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Where do i fax my room request to?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #824
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4360 View Post
Where do i fax my room request to?
Fax number is on the first post to this thread.

407-934-5777
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #825
mommycal
Mouseketeer

ACK, 35 days til our VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT do I need to do?!?! Please share all your awesome tips :D Yes we're traveling w/3 little ones
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: