Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #796
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Question for you all: My sister and I are planning the next big family trip to WDW. We keep going back and forth between staying at CSR (her preference) and POR (my choice). What would you all say are the selling points of POR above CSR?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #797
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post
Can anybody tell me when do the Christmas decorations go up at Disney World?
They should be going up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdink921 View Post
Thinking about getting the refillable mugs ... where can you refill them?
In the food court.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #798
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
All that stuff under Venomhatch's name are "tags" from the Tag Fairy. Usually it is a quote of something you posted, or something you said you did.

Under my name it says The Mean Squinty-Eye Works Wonders. That was a comment I made on a thread about holding your seats for a parade. The Tag Fairy puts that there, you don't do it yourself.
Ahora sí entendí !!! Now I got it !! Gracias

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me
Old 11-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #799
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=siskaren;46627352]They should be going up now.

Great!! I'll get to see the Christmas decorations.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me
Old 11-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #800
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post
Sorry, but I don't get it !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHershey View Post
I don't understand either.
Quote:
All that stuff under Venomhatch's name are "tags" from the Tag Fairy. Usually it is a quote of something you posted, or something you said you did.

Under my name it says The Mean Squinty-Eye Works Wonders. That was a comment I made on a thread about holding your seats for a parade. The Tag Fairy puts that there, you don't do it yourself.
Yes thanks for helping them I guess I should have been more in depth. I like yours.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 11-04-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #801
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

Venomhatch

Thank you so much Venomhatch!!! I appreciate all your help and advise! It worked You rock!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #802
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Question for you all: My sister and I are planning the next big family trip to WDW. We keep going back and forth between staying at CSR (her preference) and POR (my choice). What would you all say are the selling points of POR above CSR?
I believe we just liked the location. Boats to DTD. Atmosphere and layout of the resort. Thats all I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadaa2 View Post
Thank you so much Venomhatch!!! I appreciate all your help and advise! It worked You rock!!!
No Problem I do what I can... Hope you have a magical stay here at WDW!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #803
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdink921
Thinking about getting the refillable mugs ... where can you refill them?
You get them and fill them at the food court. Coffee, soda or hot chocolate.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #804
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yes thanks for helping them I guess I should have been more in depth. I like yours. Are you the one with the squinty eyes saving the seat or the one wanting the seat being saved lol.
I said I used the squinty eyes to defend my curb space. My dad and I are the sort who will sit on the curb for an hour or so before the parade and people watch. It is amazing how many people think nothing of shoving or pushing to try move you. I've squished down as much as possible to let kids sit next to me, but I'm not letting mom or dad take my spot!

It made me laugh that of all the things I've posted, the Tag Fairy hits me with that one!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #805
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
I said I used the squinty eyes to defend my curb space. My dad and I are the sort who will sit on the curb for an hour or so before the parade and people watch. It is amazing how many people think nothing of shoving or pushing to try move you. I've squished down as much as possible to let kids sit next to me, but I'm not letting mom or dad take my spot!

It made me laugh that of all the things I've posted, the Tag Fairy hits me with that one!
Oops my misreading lol. Ill go change that lol. Yeah I am with you on that. We do the same. If it is kids or even say an someone much older than me I then make room.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #806
Prose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4360 View Post
You get them and fill them at the food court. Coffee, soda or hot chocolate.
Also 4 types of ice tea.

Me , DH , DD (14)
MK 1973, Epcot 1991 with DH
First magical trip with DD June '07
Disney Cruise on the WONDER March '08
WONDER cruise to Alaska June '11
Awesome trip to WDW October 2012 MNSSHP
Sailed the Eastern on the Fantasy 10/19/13
Old 11-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #807
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:

There is a lot of less shame people, and most of the times they dont even are with at kid. I don't have any trouble making room for children, but for mon, dad, uncle and aunt ... forget it !! What works for me is complaining in Spanish I star nagging like this: "Ve estos que se creyeron? que pueden venir y empujarme ?. No olvidense! Sigame empujando y usted va a ver lo que es una colombiana enojada."
Translation: Look at these people, what are they thinking? Do the really believe they just can come over here and push me away? No forget it! you better stop pushing me or you'll learn how an angry colombian woman looks like.
My husband just laugh, he knows I'm the last person to star at confrontation, but since the average person does not understand what I said, they really believe something is going on.

DH DS Me
Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #808
JStiffler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa
Can anybody tell me when do the Christmas decorations go up at Disney World?
My TA just posted the Osborne lights are Nov 9 through Jan 6.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #809
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Just officially booked! We'll be at POR from April 27 - May 4!

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 11-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #810
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I've been a member of the disboards since 2001 and this is first time I've heard of the tag fairy!

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: