Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #586
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
Has anyone asked for the VIP cleaning at POR. We just found out our son has asthma and I was thinking about requesting this service. Thank you!
There is a good deal of info regarding the VIP cleaning on the disabilities board.

You can check it out there. People do request it, especially for respiratory ailments.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #587
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadaa2

There are 4 of us that's why I said hoping. I requested building 16 and I'm crossing my fingers! I may send a fax like others but we'll see. I am more concerned with my mother getting a room close to the main building and on the first floor because she has bad knees. My requests aren't as important as hers. As far as my daughter falling out, I may put some pillows on the floor. She falls out of bed at home and gets up and says "I'm ok". So I'm sure she'll be fine. Thank you!!
To help keep her from falling out I recommend sticking a pool noodle underneath the fitted sheet. It helps serve as a bumper. It stays put better than pillows and takes up less space. You can snag one at the dollar store!!
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #588
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
To help keep her from falling out I recommend sticking a pool noodle underneath the fitted sheet. It helps serve as a bumper. It stays put better than pillows and takes up less space. You can snag one at the dollar store!!
Great idea!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #589
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Got back last night from our "Girls" trip!! What a great time! I shared a Royal Room with another lady in our group. The other 2 were in Magnolia Terrace. The Royal Room was everything you would expect......beautiful!!!! The details are amazing!

I haven't stayed at POR for quite awhile. It was huge! The bus transportation was terrible going to the parks. It seemed going back was fine....don't know the reason for that!

The new Fantasyland was open during the time we were there. What a wonderful bonus! The new Under the Sea attraction is awesome from the time you enter until you exit, details were everywhere! I really enjoyed it. Storytime with Belle was good too.....it's definitely more for kids.

Great trip.......ended too soon!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
Old 10-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #590
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

I am so ready to return home to POR......November 2013 cannot get here fast enough!! It is only.....forever and ever days away (LOL).
Will try to keep trip a secret from DS's...we were successful this past March.

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
March 2015 - Resort TBD
Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #591
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Great idea! Thanks
Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #592
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever View Post
I am so ready to return home to POR......November 2013 cannot get here fast enough!! It is only.....forever and ever days away (LOL).
Same here!!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #593
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever View Post
Same here, I would normally be gearing up for my annual week after Thanksgiving trip, but that isn't going to happen this year.

But I am going twice next year, so it more than makes up for it......

But I still cannot wait to walk through those doors and feel like I am home again and be able to share it with a group of people who have never been on a vacation before as a family.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #594
karenTX
Still waiting for that darn Tag Fairy!!!

This will be our first time at Riverside. We usually stay at French Quarter. Does Riverside decorate or do anything special during the Halloween season?
Thanks in advance!

Born 3 Months Too Soon!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/2ib6gwydfzyue3sh.png[/img]
Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #595
DisneyClown
DIS Veteran

First time at POR...curious about the outside movie and the campfire. Are these usually very congested? Would we have to get there well before or right at the starting time? Are you just sitting on the ground for the movie? Would like to check out both of these activities while there!

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person, you just may be the world."

Disneyland-'93 and '95~~~~~Wilderness Lodge-May '07 Honeymoon~~~~~Pop Century June-July '10~~~~~~Port Orleans Riverside Dec 2012
Old 10-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #596
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenTX View Post
This will be our first time at Riverside. We usually stay at French Quarter. Does Riverside decorate or do anything special during the Halloween season?
Yes, there are events at both resorts for Halloween. Not decorated as much as the Magic Kingdom though, it's more activity based stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyClown View Post
First time at POR...curious about the outside movie and the campfire. Are these usually very congested? Would we have to get there well before or right at the starting time? Are you just sitting on the ground for the movie? Would like to check out both of these activities while there!
They are generally not too congested, but it depends a bit on weather, time of year, etc. You sit out on the lawn for the movies (they provide towels to sit on), although there are a couple of benches at the edge of the lawn that you can sit on too. Just turn up, you'll be fine.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #597
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

We still haven't made up our mind for next August but are strongly considering POR. The only other moderate we've stayed at was CSR which we enjoyed but we'd like to try something new. Is POR just as spread out as CSR? Has anyone stayed at both that can comment? TIA.
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 10-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #598
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Is POR just as spread out as CSR? Has anyone stayed at both that can comment? TIA.
It has the advantage that, although it has about the same number of rooms, there isn't a central lake to walk all the way around. Instead there is a river with a landscaped island in the middle (which is where the main swimming pool is located) and there are three bridges crossing over to it, so it's much easier to criss-cross between the different sections of the resort. The maximum walk from the very furthest rooms over to the food court is about 500 yards.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #599
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Same here!!!!
We have only been to Disney once(this past March) and loved it. So, my DH and I are wanting to go during the holiday season for the decorations (and of course everything else). Our DS's will be so surprised because we told them we were not going back until 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Same here, I would normally be gearing up for my annual week after Thanksgiving trip, but that isn't going to happen this year.

But I am going twice next year, so it more than makes up for it......

But I still cannot wait to walk through those doors and feel like I am home again and be able to share it with a group of people who have never been on a vacation before as a family.
TWICE, HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?!? This past March I tried to get my mom to go and after six months of attempting to talk her into it she was still not wanting to go. I will never understand.

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
March 2015 - Resort TBD
Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #600
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Just posted our deposits today. We are staying at POR in the Royal Guest Rooms next August It will be our second time at POR, but our first time in Magnolia Bend and the princess themed rooms. We are usually POFQ fans, but my little sister missed our 2012 trip, and I let her pick which moderate we'd stay at next year. She insists that 15 isn't too old to love princesses

I'm really looking forward to being so close to Yahaw Bob and the River Roost Lounge.
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: