Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #46
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Thanks...I had seen the Brazilians in January but didn't know for sure where they stayed. As for the cheer groups, their reputation precedes them, and I'd like to stay awake from their resort as well!
Like I said though I haven't had a bad experience in two years with cheer groups. It has gotten better with that around POR anyways. In the rooms you can barely hear anything outside. Especially with the AC near the door, its not loud but it drowns all the low noise out. So all around I don't believe you have anything to worry about in Jan there or any other month for that matter.

You will have a great trip!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #47
ahilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Good morning everyone! Just booked a trip for dec very excited! Staying alligator bayou since we have 5 ppl. I need help getting excited about that... Lol. It's a bit more rustic then I like but this trip is a gift so I'm very grateful!!!

Anyone stayed in the new alligator bayou rooms?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We stayed there at the end of August, building 14. LOVED the room and location. I wasn't sure about the "rustic" look after seeing pics online, but fell in love with it in person. It's our new favorite resort! It was just the right amount of Disney in the theme of the room for us.
Disney day trip & Sanibel Island 09/2003 (me, DH & DD-her first trip!)
POP 05/2004 (me, DH, DD, MIL & FIL) & 10/2004 MNSSHP (me, DH, DD & DM)
POP 08/2006 (me, DH, MIL, DD & DS-his first trip!)
Yacht Club Concierge level 11/2007 (me, DH, DD, DS & DM)
POR Alligator Bayou 08/2012 (me, DH, DD, DS & DM)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #48
alc571
DIS Veteran

Hi! We are booked at POR for our first ever "on property" stay and leave in 8 sleeps (or 7 really...who sleeps the night before??). We are coming for DS's 7th birthday and are so excited.

I was going to fax the resort to request a room in Magnolia or Oak on Monday (we arrive Oct 7), is that a good time or should I wait till we are closer? Would you recommend those buildings for a family of 3 with a 7 year old? I like the Alligator rooms better, but like the proximity to everything with the mansions. We are taking a car, so don't need to be near bus stops.

Any advice would be appreciated!!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #49
Retro Magic
Mouseketeer

Do all buildings in the Mansion side, including Royal Suites, have King size beds? If not, which do? Planning to visit again in February. Was considering something new for a change by going to Coronado, but I can't do it, I know I would not enjoy it....or at least anywhere near as much I am sure.
1997 Grand Floridian & Boardwalkšoš1997 All Star Sports & WDW Dolphinšoš1995 Marriot Orlando World Centrešoš1991 Grand Floridianšoš1988 Buna Vista Palace

Last edited by Retro Magic; 09-29-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #50
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Magic View Post
Do all buildings in the Mansion side, including Royal Suites, have King size beds? If not, which do? Planning to visit again in February. Was considering something new for a change by going to Coronado, but I can't do it, I know I would not enjoy it....or at least anywhere near as much I am sure.
Just Oak Manor and Parterre Place have royal goodness.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #51
Emilylou
Earning My Ears

Arrived this morning! We love the resort. We are assigned building 24. Which seems nice but we have been waiting 2 1/2 hours for a room to be ready. I know check in is 3:00, but really wasn't prepared to wait so long. Kids still sweats on from plane ride. We are hot and over heated. . Should have room soon. ? I thought we would be good since I made no requests.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #52
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

That's why we always throw a change of clothes in our carry on
Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #53
Retro Magic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Just Oak Manor and Parterre Place have royal goodness.
But do Royal Rooms offer King size beds? And do both Magnolia & Acadian buildings offer king beds? If so, are the king rooms only in certain sections or floors?
1997 Grand Floridian & Boardwalkšoš1997 All Star Sports & WDW Dolphinšoš1995 Marriot Orlando World Centrešoš1991 Grand Floridianšoš1988 Buna Vista Palace
Old 09-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #54
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilylou View Post
Arrived this morning! We love the resort. We are assigned building 24. Which seems nice but we have been waiting 2 1/2 hours for a room to be ready. I know check in is 3:00, but really wasn't prepared to wait so long. Kids still sweats on from plane ride. We are hot and over heated. . Should have room soon. ? I thought we would be good since I made no requests.
That is a bummer. Sometimes the rooms are just not ready. Maybe you could buy the kids some cool clothes in the gift shop, if you don't get your room soon.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #55
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
But do Royal Rooms offer King size beds? And do both Magnolia & Acadian buildings offer king beds? If so, are the king rooms only in certain sections or floors?
No sorry royal rooms are 2 queen beds only! Kings are offered in the other mansion buildings but I am uncertain to if there are specific floors I imagine it is some on each floor.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #56
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Was considering something new for a change by going to Coronado, but I can't do it, I know I would not enjoy it....or at least anywhere near as much I am sure.
If you think you would like a desk with 1 chair instead of a table with 2 chairs and 1 sink instead of 2 plus the fact that CSR is $5 more per night than POR then you might like CSR. If not stick with POR.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #57
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
If you think you would like a desk with 1 chair instead of a table with 2 chairs and 1 sink instead of 2 plus the fact that CSR is $5 more per night than POR then you might like CSR. If not stick with POR.
Hey now, don't be so quick to dismiss CSR. It is a lovely resort too! I think part of the reason it is more expensive is because they have a health club and salon on site. They also have the biggest hot tub of all of the moderate resorts! And the sliding doors by the vanity area are great for us early risers who don't want to disturb everyone else in the room.

My heart does belong to POR as it was the first on site resort I ever stayed at. But, you can't go wrong with either CSR or POR. I've stayed at both, and would stay at both again! Just pick which theme appeals to you the most.

Oh, I do like that POR has a typical food court.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #58
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Hey now, don't be so quick to dismiss CSR. It is a lovely resort too! I think part of the reason it is more expensive is because they have a health club and salon on site. They also have the biggest hot tub of all of the moderate resorts! And the sliding doors by the vanity area are great for us early risers who don't want to disturb everyone else in the room.

My heart does belong to POR as it was the first on site resort I ever stayed at. But, you can't go wrong with either CSR or POR. I've stayed at both, and would stay at both again! Just pick which theme appeals to you the most.

Oh, I do like that POR has a typical food court.
Don't worry, I wasn't quick I typed very slowly. The desk and single sink are major drawbacks for me. I didn't even mention the lack of a proper food court; another major drawback. Those things are what keeps me away from CSR. Anyway, I was just saying if you like those things you might like CSR.

If I were a solo traveler I might like the desk and I'd be the only one using the sink. I do like the Pepper Market but not on a daily basis as a food court. I know they have Cafe Rix but that's not the same as a food court either.

And to keep this POR relevant, I love the food court at POR and two sinks make getting ready in the morning a lot easier. The detail of the resort landscaping blows me away whenever I'm there. Even if I'm not staying at POR I manage to visit just to soak in all the beauty of the place.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #59
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
The royal suites are two queens only. No king size beds.

The other mansion rooms have both types. (some with two queens, some with one king).
Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #60
alc571
DIS Veteran

I was going to fax the resort to request a room in Magnolia or Oak on Monday (we arrive Oct 7), is that a good time or should I wait till we are closer? Would you recommend those buildings for a family of 3 with a 7 year old? I like the Alligator rooms better, but like the proximity to everything with the mansions. We are taking a car, so don't need to be near bus stops.

Any advice would be appreciated!!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: