Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #541
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I have been to POR several times and only twice has it been SSR and POFQ; never once have I been to OKW. A few times, I have been on the BC/YC/BW route; with sometimes first and sometimes last.

You can check out the Transportation Board. Routes are based on needs and not set in stone.
On October 14th we had the BC/YC/BW route with POR last. The return to MCO was POFQ, POR, OKW, SSR.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #542
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I have been to POR several times and only twice has it been SSR and POFQ; never once have I been to OKW. A few times, I have been on the BC/YC/BW route; with sometimes first and sometimes last.

You can check out the Transportation Board. Routes are based on needs and not set in stone.
Yeah I agree it changes all the time based on if they have to go to certain resorts or not. If no one is on for say ssr they skip it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #543
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxYates View Post
Hi All - We will be visit the POR with our 7 year old DD on 4/27 -5/3. I hate hearing the ride from MCO to the resort is up to 90 minutes. Would it be better to get a cab or hire a car? Id rather pay and get there earlier.
In my experience, the ride itself isn't 90 minutes on the ME bus, that's approx. 90 minutes from the time you deplane to the time you are at check in at your resort. We've never rented a car and have never regretted the decision to use Disney transportation exclusively.

Oh, wait, I did rent a car once, 3 years ago, for one day from Alamo at the Car Care Center to visit family members. That doesn't count, though.

We LOVE the ME and were just commenting after our return home how nice it is to let them take care of everything for us: checked bags in our room a couple hours after our flight, RAC for our return, and a "free" ride to and from MCO without hauling our heavy, checked bags...plus, no waiting at baggage claim.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
Old 10-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #544
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
We LOVE the ME and were just commenting after our return home how nice it is to let them take care of everything for us: checked bags in our room a couple hours after our flight, RAC for our return, and a "free" ride to and from MCO without hauling our heavy, checked bags...plus, no waiting at baggage claim.
Yeah in the past it never seemed that long to us. Plus that service of them grabbing your bags for you and transporting them to your room is a very nice touch especially if you just had a long flight!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #545
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah in the past it never seemed that long to us. Plus that service of them grabbing your bags for you and transporting them to your room is a very nice touch especially if you just had a long flight!
I appreciate so much being able to check the bags in at RAC the morning of departure, so nice not even to have to think about them! We were able to score a late check out as well, I requested a 1 p.m. check out at the concierge desk the late afternoon before. We just kept what we needed for our trip home in our carry on bags, which we left with bell services, went to the MK for a couple of hours, collected our bags and changed into travel clothing then caught the ME at 4 p.m. for our 7 p.m. flight. ARGH! I want to go back!

Old 10-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #546
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
In my experience, the ride itself isn't 90 minutes on the ME bus, that's approx. 90 minutes from the time you deplane to the time you are at check in at your resort. We've never rented a car and have never regretted the decision to use Disney transportation exclusively.
Actually, I would say that 90 minutes is from the time the plane lands until you get to your resort; at least when other people have stated 90 minutes, I believe they've indicated that they're counting from landing to arriving at the resort.

Last edited by siskaren; 10-21-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #547
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren

Actually, I would say that 90 minutes is from the time the plane lands until you get to your resort; at least when other people have stated 90 minutes, I believe they've indicated that they're counting from landing to arriving at th resort.
It just depends how big the crowds are at ME. We waited in line for a ME bus for 45minutes on Sept 29. So we took more than 90 mins from landing I resort.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #548
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

We just decided we can not wait until January (Boardwalk trip) and booked a last minute trip to POR - Royal room. We check in on Friday (just booked today). Lol.
First time I could do reservation and online check in the same day!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #549
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxYates View Post
Hi All - We will be visit the POR with our 7 year old DD on 4/27 -5/3. I hate hearing the ride from MCO to the resort is up to 90 minutes. Would it be better to get a cab or hire a car? Id rather pay and get there earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhwmr View Post
We always rent a car. After a long day at the parks the last thing I want to do is get in line for a packed bus. Parking is free at the resorts and at the parks. The extra $$$ makes the trip much more enjoyable for our family. I do enjoy the boat ride to DTD though.
We always rent a car for the simple fact I don't ever want to wait for buses either. It's just more convenient for us and we prefer renting a car. To us, like the above poster, it's worth the extra money.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 10-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #550
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
We always rent a car for the simple fact I don't ever want to wait for buses either. It's just more convenient for us and we prefer renting a car. To us, like the above poster, it's worth the extra money.
When we went, I contemplated Magical express thinking it was part of the "experience" but we ended up flying into Tampa instead. I got a great deal on a rental, so I didn't feel too badly the times we didn't use the car. We used it for all parks but MK. We got to EP so much faster than the bus and AK as well. It seemed like 10 minutes. It was so convenient, FigmentChick is right! However, we lucked out totally getting good bus service to MK in 15 min...but it was October. Twice we were the only ones on the bus, except for the end of the night.

Even if you only wanted to rent on your arrival and departure days for airport transportation/grocery stop, you should still be able to do that for less than $100 total for both days and would save time. MCO is about 30 minutes away, but by ME, like you said, much longer.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #551
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Dme

On our last trip, POR was the very first stop. So it really does depend on the day and the people on the bus. In 2009 it was Old Key West, then Saratoga Springs, POFQ and I believe it was POR next. I got off at POFQ because that's where we stayed that time.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 10-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #552
RunRosemary
Earning My Ears

I think there are good things about both options and it comes down to preferences. I like ME because I can sit back and relax. The welcome video gets you feeling the Disney love. On the busses to the park, you have more mindless time or time to wind up or down. Or you are reminded that, while your family is nuts, at least they aren't as nuts as that one family on the front of the bus.
This trip we are renting a car because that's what my mom prefers. Luckily I got a steal so I don't fell like its a waste. Although she may regret this decision when she has to chauffeur me around after I run the Mickey Marathon.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #553
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Okay...we just booked our flights today for our May trip to POR...

May 15 - 20th!!! So excited to be heading back to the world...we were at the Poly for second time in Sept but we are so happy to be trying out POR this time!! Can't wait...
Old 10-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #554
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
On our last trip, POR was the very first stop. So it really does depend on the day and the people on the bus. In 2009 it was Old Key West, then Saratoga Springs, POFQ and I believe it was POR next. I got off at POFQ because that's where we stayed that time.
Yeah it does depend on who needs to go where. If they have no guests for certain resorts they can then skip them. Always altering the resort drop off order. Good morning everyone!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #555
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

We will be there in 19 days . This is our first time at POR! I can't wait to see all the great things I have read about. We are hoping to get AB rooms. If we do has anyone had a child fall out of the Murphy bed? I figured my 9 year old would sleep in it but now my 5DD wants to and she sleeps all over the place.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: