Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #481
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Wow I have planned my next one over at POR already. Can't ever get enough of Disney!
What happened to your love for the Poly?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #482
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
What happened to your love for the Poly?
Ohh there is plenty of love. I started my visits there at POR and I will always have a love for POR. I love the feel of the bayou.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #483
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Total of 8, not sure about how/if they are split with FQ though
Oooooo i hope they put them in FQ too, I'll be there in January.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #484
KNJWDW
Mouseketeer

Hi all,

We are considering staying at POR in June and I have a question about which room to reserve. I would like a room with a murphy bed and am not interested in the royal guests rooms. If I reserve a preferred room, would that guarentee me a room in AB, which if I understand things, all have a murphy bed? Or is there another way to make sure we get a murphy bed? We are a family of 4, but have a DS 8 and DD 11 and this would give everyone their own sleeping space.

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #485
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNJWDW View Post
Hi all, We are considering staying at POR in June and I have a question about which room to reserve. I would like a room with a murphy bed and am not interested in the royal guests rooms. If I reserve a preferred room, would that guarentee me a room in AB, which if I understand things, all have a murphy bed? Or is there another way to make sure we get a murphy bed? We are a family of 4, but have a DS 8 and DD 11 and this would give everyone their own sleeping space. Thanks!
I would book a preferred room, then you would be in AB, as that is where the PR's are. For June, which I just ran, it runs about $118.00 more/week for a preferred room. Andre's site says:

All rooms located within the Alligator Bayou section of Riverside feature an extra pull-down Murphy bed located over the banquette bench seat (at no extra cost) and thus these rooms have a maximum occupancy of five people. No other rooms within the resort have the option of an extra bed.

So, if you don't want to have preferred, you could "gamble" and just get standard, but then you may be in the Mansions...which I know you don't want.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #486
cmrsfraz
Mouseketeer

Coffee?? What exactly is in the room?

I am getting ready to place my order for Garden Grocer and not sure what I need to order for our daily coffee?
Are there filters in the room? (if not, what size do I need) Is coffee provided for the maker? Sorry if this has been asked a million times before. I searched the threads and didn't find it.

1984: 1st Trip to WDW
July 4th 2003: DH & I went on business trip. Spent 4 hrs. in MK only
Sept. 2008: First trip at POP with DD4 & DD1 Free Dining!
Dec. 2009: POP Free Dining Promo
Oct. 2010: Fall Family vacation to the World
Oct. 2012: POR, RGR
Sept. 2014: POR, RGR [/COLOR]

Old 10-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #487
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrsfraz View Post
I am getting ready to place my order for Garden Grocer and not sure what I need to order for our daily coffee?
Are there filters in the room? (if not, what size do I need) Is coffee provided for the maker? Sorry if this has been asked a million times before. I searched the threads and didn't find it.
Wait! What!? There are coffee makers in the rooms? I somehow missed that detail on the first post, but this is excellent news.

I just read that there are free "coffee pods" supplied in the room, which I think are similar to the individual k-cups, so you likely wouldn't need to buy filters.

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #488
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

The pods for the coffemakers are not K cups. They are a round disc. The coffemakers are by Cuisinart and they do leave you coffee pods in the room. If you drink daily you will have to ask mousekeeping for more.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #489
summerlady
DIS Veteran

We're here now, our mousekeeper leaves more coffee every day without being asked. Towel animals every day! Still loving our stay at POR and never want to leave. I may be jynxing myself but for the past 4 days the bus service has been outstanding, we've been using the south depot from Oak.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~

Last edited by summerlady; 10-18-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #490
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
We're here now, our mousekeeper leaves more coffee every day without being asked. Towel animals every day! Still loving our stay at POR and never want to leave. I may be jynxing myself but for the past 4 days the bus service has been outstanding, we've been using the south depot from Oak.
Great to hear! Glad you got such a good location!!! Hope they continue to give you the service you have been getting.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #491
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Great, glad it's all working out well for you. We've usually had good luck with buses too, I hope you haven't jinxed it though! Have you seen any of the new hammocks that they were installing around the resort a few weeks ago?

Could you maybe do me a favour next time you're at the POR food court? If they've got the new 'TV screen' menus above the serving stations running, could you get a quick snap of each one so I can see what they show? (camera phone image would be fine if that's easier) Any meals you happen to be there for basically - breakfast, lunch or dinner - just so I can see if anything has been changed when they switched to the new screens. Thanks.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #492
Sherrkel
Disney World Dreamer . . . Wish I Could Be At My Home Away From Home . . .

Quote:
We've requested Oak manor (reserved royal rooms, river view) for our trip in February - up to 9 rooms now for all the in-laws and some good friends who are coming with us. Our strategy is to go to the South depot stop as well - before the buses fill up (because we take up 1/3 of one just with our family). How is the walk over the bridge to the South depot - more or less than 5 minutes? We have a couple of slow pokes in our group.
Thanks!

POR Grand Gathering Feb. 2013 **CSR Grand Gathering 2011, 2009 & 2007 ** CBR 1995 **Disneymoon 1989

Old 10-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #493
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrkel View Post
We've requested Oak manor (reserved royal rooms, river view) for our trip in February - up to 9 rooms now for all the in-laws and some good friends who are coming with us. Our strategy is to go to the South depot stop as well - before the buses fill up (because we take up 1/3 of one just with our family). How is the walk over the bridge to the South depot - more or less than 5 minutes? We have a couple of slow pokes in our group.
Thanks!
I think maybe 5 mins if that. I have been over in both the Oak and Parterre Buildings and it really doesn't seem long at all. Wow 9 rooms?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #494
hokie98
Mouseketeer

It's almost time....

Thanks to everyone for all of your help answering questions...it's almost time! I'm starting to pack our clothes today and gather our things. Yesterday, I sent a fax to POR requesting that we have a connecting room, if possible, with the inlaws & a ground floor, or near elevator room for stroller ease. Tomorrow after DD gets home from school, we plan to tell her the big news...that we're getting in the car and heading to WDW! She has no idea. She thinks we're going to visit her grandparents in TX. We are staying tomorrow night in Lake City, and plan to be check into POR before lunch on Sat, then catch the boat to DTD for a bite to eat! Can't wait! Thanks again. Of course, I may be back on this thread before tomorrow afternoon, with other questions, but I think we're pretty much set!

POR - Royal Room (10/12)
ASSp (01/09)
Daytrip to MK (11/00)
Spring Break trip visiting college roommate interning @ WDW & toured AK 2 weeks before opening to the public! (04/98)
Old 10-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #495
ItsNotMuchofaTail
but I'm sort of attached to it

Does POR have the Silk Soy single serving boxes? My DD doesn't drink cows milk and last time (CBR 2010) we were allowed to get them when she had cereal instead of cows milk. Also, she likes to drink the chocolate kind as a beverage.

TIA!

Previous trips:
Off Site: Visiting the grandparents in the 80s - June 2000 - Honeymoon (POFQ) - June 2007 - DD's 1st trip (ASM)June 2010 - We're getting divorced and going anyway (CBR)

November 2012 - Just DD and me (POR-Royal Room)
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: