Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #451
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkowals25 View Post
Does anyone know what the current all you can drink cups look like. The last ones we got were the red with the black, yellow or red handles. We have a good collection of different cups and I was hoping to get something different this year.
Here's a link to the one and only mug thread with a picture of the current mugs, http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1352.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #452
kjbean
Mouseketeer

Maybe a dumb question but how soon and where do you do online check in? First trip onsite
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #453
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Does Riverside Mill sell Mickey ice cream bars? We arrive early evening and will be eating dinner there. My kids would love to start off the trip that night with a Mickey ice cream bar.
They have Mickey bars and other ice cream treats in a feezer at Fulton's General Store. It's on the right as you pass the pin wall, treats, and sundries right near the cash register. At least they did in August, unless something changed.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #454
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbean
Maybe a dumb question but how soon and where do you do online check in? First trip onsite
You can check in online 10 days enforce your trip an it's on the Disney website (where you made your reservations?)

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #455
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
I got them at RM when we were there in September, not sure if it's an everyday thing or not
Old 10-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #456
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
They have Mickey bars and other ice cream treats in a feezer at Fulton's General Store. It's on the right as you pass the pin wall, treats, and sundries right near the cash register. At least they did in August, unless something changed.
Awesome! Thank you!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #457
mamamini
Mouseketeer

If checking in online are you able or is it still preferred to also send in a fax request?

Also, flip flopping about purchasing PP+, anyone have any opinions good or bad about this? :-)

Don't want to rush life along, but next month can't come soon enough!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #458
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamini View Post
If checking in online are you able or is it still preferred to also send in a fax request?

Also, flip flopping about purchasing PP+, anyone have any opinions good or bad about this? :-)

You should still send a fax if you have a particular request. Better to be safe than sorry, can't hurt, etc.

Also if you are referring to PhotoPass +, I think I will get this on our trip. I liked photopass and actually paid about $30 for the HDDR pix last time and wanted to get a few ride pix but didn't because I was being stingy. This way, I can get whatever photos I want. You do get a special voucher for PP+ and you have to turn that voucher in to get the Plus card, which is different, at your first park. You only get one + card, but apparently can add PP photos on regular cards to your PP+ account. The only thing is the PP+ card carrier must be present for the dining and rides photos.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #459
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
I think pins are just luck of the draw - we never received one even thought we went every year for 7 years - now we usually get one every year or so. Have you called and asked if there is a pin associated with your name? That happened to me once - I called to book a stay and the CM told me I had a pin attached to my name. Sending pixie dust for a free dining pin
I have called and no luck. This is another case of ignorance is bliss - if I didnt know that some people were getting free dining then I would be happy with what we have. Thanks for the pixie dust. Hopefully it will do its magic.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #460
mamamini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC

You should still send a fax if you have a particular request. Better to be safe than sorry, can't hurt, etc.

Also if you are referring to PhotoPass +, I think I will get this on our trip. I liked photopass and actually paid about $30 for the HDDR pix last time and wanted to get a few ride pix but didn't because I was being stingy. This way, I can get whatever photos I want. You do get a special voucher for PP+ and you have to turn that voucher in to get the Plus card, which is different, at your first park. You only get one + card, but apparently can add PP photos on regular cards to your PP+ account. The only thing is the PP+ card carrier must be present for the dining and rides photos.
Thanks LisaTC! I did it and ordered the PhotoPass +! This will be our 4th trip but bringing my mom for her first time. My DD's can't wait to get Nanny on all the rides, prime photo occasions! Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #461
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamini View Post

I did online check in as well as sending a fax. I can tell you that faxing in my request worked out very well for me.

I had Photopass+ and I think it was well worth the money. I have over 600 pictures! Plus getting the ride photos is really cool! It was our first trip so I think it was really worth it to have all those pictures.

Sept 29-Oct 10, 2012 POR, Jan 6-15th, 2014 POR, Oct 2-6th, 2014 BCV, October 6-10th, 2014 DCL Wonder
*Heather & Melissa's Epic Adventure PTR October 2014*
*395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012*
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #462
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
The only thing is the PP+ card carrier must be present for the dining and rides photos.
Anyone who is in the same park with you (your friend/family member) can just ask the CM at the monitors to write down the picture # and then the Photopass+ card holder can go back any time that SAME DAY (only!) and add the pictures to the card!

Sept 29-Oct 10, 2012 POR, Jan 6-15th, 2014 POR, Oct 2-6th, 2014 BCV, October 6-10th, 2014 DCL Wonder
*Heather & Melissa's Epic Adventure PTR October 2014*
*395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012*
Old 10-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #463
LONES
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
We are booked at POR under the stay/play/dine promo for visit number 3 from Jan 29 to Feb 12! Although, I am really considering changing to off-site. It just sooo annoys me that we haven't gotten a pin for free dining when there are so many floating around out there. Free dining would save us another $740.
I thought the stay/play/dine promo essentially is free dining. I admit I haven't looked into it that closely because unfortunately we can't go this year anyway

How are the two offers different?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #464
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONES View Post
I thought the stay/play/dine promo essentially is free dining. I admit I haven't looked into it that closely because unfortunately we can't go this year anyway

How are the two offers different?
It depends on how many are in your party, their ages and how many nights you are staying. For us it is 4 Disney adults, since the kids are 13 and 12, for 14 nights. So the simple answer would be that under the stay/play/dine promo we are all paying the child's price for dining - or $16 per person, per day. The numbers don't work quiet that easily, though. After 14 days those numbers start to add up.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #465
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
On the path from the pool to our building we noticed they had some markings and by the end of the week we noticed this

I asked a CM that was there on our last day and he said they will be attaching a hammock but they need to give the poles a week to settle in the cement before they can attach it.
Where was this by the way, looks like maybe just past the fishin hole on Ol' Man Island? I wonder if they're installing more of these?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 10-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: