Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #31
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Just posting with my new vacation countdown.

Another trip in the planning stages; I did the land/sea package the first three years I went down, which eventually introduced me to POR.

A few years back, I took three friends from work to an eight day trip right after Thanksgiving, but one of my friends had to leave the second day because her mom passed away. She and I had already gone on a cruise to Europe and were hoping to get back again, but the timing and economy over there just didn't look good.

After five all WDW packages, I am in tune for another "land/sea" package, which you now book through the cruise line and add your resort and transfer package to it. Talked my friend and one other girl from work into going (who has since found another friend to go), so split it four ways, it is awesome.

So we are doing a nine day, five days at the parks, followed by a three day cruise on the Disney Dream next year in the first week of December.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #32
Cinderumbrella
Wench

I'm here too!! Thanks for a shiny new thread Andre!!

Heather- safe travels tomorrow and I hope you get your room!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #33
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie

Thanks! I'll aim for 6:30, since that won't require getting up earlier than I'm used to.

I'd like to leave the running clothes at home, but I've just taken almost 2 weeks off due to illness. The princess half just keeps getting closer and closer, and I've still got a lot of work to do.
I so get it... I'm running the 10 miler tomorrow night and haven't run in two weeks with bronchitis that just won't quit. I'm also training for the 1/2 in January. I've had to force myself to run on Disney trips but every time I do I never regret it and always end up enjoying myself. Go for it and enjoy!!

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #34
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
Do any of you run at Disney? I'm wondering how early I need to be out running to avoid there being a lot of people for me to have to dodge.
We saw runners along the river paths at all different times of day. The paths by the mansions and river were never crowded during our stay. There were days when we saw hardly anyone around.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #35
ShelleyLynn
Mouseketeer

Well, the car is packed, the list has been checked.....twice. Snacks are ready, movies and games set. Just, waiting, waiting, for sweet husband to get home SO WE CAN HIT THE ROAD TO WDW!!!

Hopefully he will be home in the next hour and we can make our goal of Valdosta, GA tonight. We should be checking in by 11 tomorrow!!

So happy at the thought of an afternoon by the pool and some Ragland Road supper. Thanks for all the help, especially Venom (got the details worked out!). I hope all you Disers have a great weekend......

SEE YA REAL SOON!!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #36
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyLynn View Post
Well, the car is packed, the list has been checked.....twice. Snacks are ready, movies and games set. Just, waiting, waiting, for sweet husband to get home SO WE CAN HIT THE ROAD TO WDW!!!

Hopefully he will be home in the next hour and we can make our goal of Valdosta, GA tonight. We should be checking in by 11 tomorrow!!

So happy at the thought of an afternoon by the pool and some Ragland Road supper. Thanks for all the help, especially Venom (got the details worked out!). I hope all you Disers have a great weekend......

SEE YA REAL SOON!!
Middle of Tennessee to Valdosta GA. Nice distance to achieve tonight. I love to drive strait through if I can make it in one long drive I try. I drive from here to Oak Ridge TN in one drive usually very exhausted. Well pleasant trip, drive safely and of course your welcome no problem at all! Hope you have a magical stay here with us!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #37
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Just thought I'd pop in a picture here and remind people (although I'm sure that Andre put the link earlier) to check out the POR picture thread.

Riverside pictures

POR 58 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #38
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

We are booked for a Royal Room standard. I was wondering if there are standard rooms next to the quiet pool ( or very nearby at least). Also near the bridge. Open to building suggestions or what we should request. I love the idea of a corner room too. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #39
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceluv&mickeymouse View Post
We are booked for a Royal Room standard. I was wondering if there are standard rooms next to the quiet pool ( or very nearby at least). Also near the bridge. Open to building suggestions or what we should request. I love the idea of a corner room too. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
There are plenty of standard rooms near the pool and or bridge. You just have to try and put that into a request letter and fax them it. There are not any 100% guarantees but lately they have been spreading plenty of pixie dust for guest especially in the Royal Rooms area!

Keep in mind rooms directly near the pools are considered a upgrade from the standard to the water view level.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 09-28-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #40
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

checking in

Glad to see the new thread!!! Thanks for all you do Andre!!!!
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 09-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #41
blueeyesrnc
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Just birthin them babies
Working for that t-shirt

Another beautiful pic DisneyFreak06. You have a gift. Thanks so much.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #42
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Is this resort usually busy in January? Tour groups, Brazilian teens, etc??
Or do they usually stay in the Values?
We're strongly considering booking here and would love it if the food court was not slammed!!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #43
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Is this resort usually busy in January? Tour groups, Brazilian teens, etc??
Or do they usually stay in the Values?
We're strongly considering booking here and would love it if the food court was not slammed!!
There is always some tour group or cheer group. Even at POR its not to hard to get around and most of the time you cant even hear them if they run down the walk ways. I maybe one time about 2 years ago had to stick my head out and as soon as they saw me they quieted up. But to answer you question I don't usually see those groups at POR, most of the time they are going to all-star or pop century.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #44
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! Just booked a trip for dec very excited! Staying alligator bayou since we have 5 ppl. I need help getting excited about that... Lol. It's a bit more rustic then I like but this trip is a gift so I'm very grateful!!!

Anyone stayed in the new alligator bayou rooms?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 09-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #45
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
There is always some tour group or cheer group. Even at POR its not to hard to get around and most of the time you cant even hear them if they run down the walk ways. I maybe one time about 2 years ago had to stick my head out and as soon as they saw me they quieted up. But to answer you question I don't usually see those groups at POR, most of the time they are going to all-star or pop century.
Thanks...I had seen the Brazilians in January but didn't know for sure where they stayed. As for the cheer groups, their reputation precedes them, and I'd like to stay awake from their resort as well!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: