Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #421
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

All Alligator Bayou rooms, this includes preferred ones, sleep five. Yes there is ample room for a stroller and luggage. Storage however there are drawers under the foldout bed, but not enough for five people. However I suggest to bring one of those foldable hanging shelves and hang them in the sink area. Something kind of like this (found at Target):
We used ones similar to this on our trip to por last week and I'm so glad I brought them. Family of 4 not enough drawer space:-( these were a life saver!!!!

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour

Old 10-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #422
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
I have tons of thick hair and I'm not sure I've ever seen one of those that wasn't useless for me.
I have lots of hair too, but I just use it for my fringe, and let the rest air dry, never tried it for my whole head. Sounds like you'd be better off packing your own.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #423
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't read the whole thread, but maybe someone could help me figure out what to request for a room. We're going in January, staying in AB, booked garden view, 2 adults and 4 kids. Our 9 year old has special needs and doesn't do well on the stairs, so we would prefer (but don't have to have) a room on the 1st floor. We will have a car, so I don't know how much we'll use the buses. We'd prefer to not be right next to the stairs. Close to the main building would be nice to grab a quick breakfast in the morning. We're going in January, so I don't think the pool will be a high priority.

Any thoughts?
The first page has a map of resort. Can't help with AB location, we've only stayed in Mansion section. But I'd look at the map to figure out where you want to stay, and put that request on your reservation, along with the medical reason why you'd prefer a ground floor. Then 4 or 5 days before arrival send resort room assigner a fax re-stating your requests.

I would recommend using bus for MK. Driving to MK is a hassle, you have to park at TTC, take tram, then boat or monorail to MK. I tried it once, and it was far easier to bus to MK.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #424
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies Mrs. Buzz and Venomhatch! If we do stay there, I will bring something like that. Where in the sink area do you hang it? Are there any suitcase holders? We do you put your suitcases?

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #425
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
Thanks for the replies Mrs. Buzz and Venomhatch! If we do stay there, I will bring something like that. Where in the sink area do you hang it? Are there any suitcase holders? We do you put your suitcases?

Thanks!
There are rails kinda like the ones in a typical hotel room to hang suits or dress shirts etc. We usually put the cases over in the sink/bathroom area under the hanging area. We always keep one suitcase with locks accessible so we can lock up laptops, and other gizmos that wont fit in the safe.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #426
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

I saw someone mention it's better to go by car when dining at Boma for breakfast, but what about Kona Cafe or Ohana? Would we take a bus from POR to MK and then the monorail to the Poly? If so, would it be early enough to make a 7:30am reservation? Just curious. I'd rather not go by car if we don't have to!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #427
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
I haven't read the whole thread, but maybe someone could help me figure out what to request for a room. We're going in January, staying in AB, booked garden view, 2 adults and 4 kids. Our 9 year old has special needs and doesn't do well on the stairs, so we would prefer (but don't have to have) a room on the 1st floor. We will have a car, so I don't know how much we'll use the buses. We'd prefer to not be right next to the stairs. Close to the main building would be nice to grab a quick breakfast in the morning. We're going in January, so I don't think the pool will be a high priority.

Any thoughts?
As mentioned by gorechick, request 1st floor and be sure sure to mention that it is for medical reasons. Also ask for close to main building. I'm guessing your youngest kid is under 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyanchor View Post
I saw someone mention it's better to go by car when dining at Boma for breakfast, but what about Kona Cafe or Ohana? Would we take a bus from POR to MK and then the monorail to the Poly? If so, would it be early enough to make a 7:30am reservation? Just curious. I'd rather not go by car if we don't have to!
Early morning dining at any resort on the monorail is fairly easy to get to by Disney transportation. Yes, take a bus to MK and then to the Poly you have your choice between monorail, small boat (that travels in a loop from MK to GF to Poly) or ferry to the TTC. From TTC you can walk to the Poly.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #428
LaurenM
Mouseketeer

Does the boat from POR only go to Epcot? Or does it go to DTD too? I was not sure if the waterway connected those two. Also, how long does taking the boat take to get to Epcot?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #429
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
Does the boat from POR only go to Epcot? Or does it go to DTD too? I was not sure if the waterway connected those two. Also, how long does taking the boat take to get to Epcot?
Boats from POR go to POFQ and then to DTD that is it. They don't go to Epcot at all.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #430
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

There are rails kinda like the ones in a typical hotel room to hang suits or dress shirts etc. We usually put the cases over in the sink/bathroom area under the hanging area. We always keep one suitcase with locks accessible so we can lock up laptops, and other gizmos that wont fit in the safe.
We had plenty of room to hang two organizers and line up the suite cases also. We store our suite cases inside one another it saves a little space. We also store iPad and gizmos in them locked.

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour

Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #431
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM
Unfortunately, the boat from POR doesn't go to Epcot! It does go to DTD. We took the boat from SSR to DTD and it was very pleasant. But the waterway does not connect with Epcot. The resorts with a boat to Epcot/ Hollywood Studios are Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, and the Swan & Dolphin resorts.

Last edited by Mom2six; 10-15-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #432
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Reporting in from Riverside! I love it here! Lovely RGR in Oak, ground floor near the fountain and close enough to the footbridge, as requested. I did online check in, both lines were fairly long but moved quickly, our room was ready when we arrived about noon. We spent the afternoon at AK, left about 7:30 and were first at the POR bus stop. There were only two other couples with kids on the almost empty bus! Anyway, DH and DGD are fast asleep and I am on my way since we've been up since 3 a.m. Almost forgot, we went for a swim in the quiet pool when we got back from AK, it's close to our room and was fabulous!

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~

Last edited by summerlady; 10-14-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #433
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
Reporting in from Riverside! I love it here! Lovely RGR in Oak, ground floor near the fountain and close enough to the footbridge, as requested. I did online check in, both lines were fairly long but moved quickly, our room was ready when we arrived about noon. We spent the afternoon at AK, left about 7:30 and were first at the POR bus stop. There were only two other couples with kids on the almost empty bus! Anyway, DH and DGD are fast asleep and I am on my way since we've been up since 3 a.m. Almost forgot, we went for a swim in the quiet pool when we got back from AK, it's close to our room and was fabulous!
Congrats!!! Glad you got what you wanted!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #434
bkowals25
Earning My Ears

Drink Cups

Does anyone know what the current all you can drink cups look like. The last ones we got were the red with the black, yellow or red handles. We have a good collection of different cups and I was hoping to get something different this year.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #435
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkowals25 View Post
Does anyone know what the current all you can drink cups look like. The last ones we got were the red with the black, yellow or red handles. We have a good collection of different cups and I was hoping to get something different this year.
The most recent ones I have seen are like a light blue, pink, and a yellow, but I believe it could just be what we have in stock at the Polynesian.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: