Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #376
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNotMuchofaTail
Getting SO excited! 44 days (I think).

I am mostly a lurker on here, I have checked out the POR site, just have a question. This Yehaa Bob show...I assume its a family show, being Disney and all, but do kids really enjoy it? Does he play to all ages? My DD loves live music and shows. Is it easy to come and go if she gets tired, or is it obvious you are leaving before the show is over?

TIA!
My daughter loved tis show as a kid. She is now 22. We will be there in January We can't wait to see him again
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #377
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I stand corrected then, that shouldn't happen though, fax confirmations are meant to be proof of delivery. Mind you, it doesn't say what happens to them once they hit the resort fax system though.

Andre
I didn't want to be a pest, so during the first phone call I asked if it would be ok for me to call back after I re-sent the fax. The woman I spoke with was so gracious and sweet and assured me that it was ok.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #378
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
Good thing I called to check on my fax the other day as Venom suggested. I received an email confirmation (from the online fax service) that my fax went through but when I called POR a couple hours later they hadn't gotten it. I re-sent the fax and called again, a very nice woman checked for me and it was there.
Thanks for that, Andre is right about the it is just a room, but to some it could be a medical reason or something more important to complete your stay so I will continue to help people as much as I possibly can. Summerlady if you need anything else just ask.

The fax confirmation is just one fax machine saying, "Hey I got it" but if no one picks it up and reads it or it gets lost on its way to the right person. Then you need to repeat the whole process.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 10-12-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #379
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Did you call to verify they received it?
Just did. Thank you!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Old 10-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #380
Daphne W
Mouseketeer

Disney Again

I just booked a suprise trip to Disney for my family for next December! I know it it a long way off but I am so excited! We will be back at POR again! I cannot wait. I really cannot wait to tell them that we are leaving after Thanksgiving dinner next year to start our drive! This will be our third stay at POR and I am just as excited as the first time we stayed there.

DH Me: DD age 12: DS age 11: DD age 7:

1989 off site; 1990 off site; 1991 off site; 1992 off site; 1993 off site; 1994 off site; 2007 Pop Century; 2009 Port Orleans Riverside; 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Old 10-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #381
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Just did. Thank you!
Welcome! Have a magical trip!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #382
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Welcome! Have a magical trip!!!
I can't wait!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Old 10-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #383
reeddi
Mouseketeer

non-preferred room AB

We are leaving in 20 days for our first stay ever at POR. Me, DH, DD 17, DD12, DD6. We have a non-preferred room for a family of 5 so in AB. I am thinking about requesting AB 16 as we plan on driving to all the parks. Should I request that or just check in when I get there and see what happens?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #384
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Thanks for that, Andre is right about the it is just a room, but to some it could be a medical reason or something more important to complete your stay so I will continue to help people as much as I possibly can. Summerlady if you need anything else just ask.

The fax confirmation is just one fax machine saying, "Hey I got it" but if no one picks it up and reads it or it gets lost on its way to the right person. Then you need to repeat the whole process.
Venomhatch, I just sent you a PM. Thanks for your help. Looking forward to our first stay at POR in February.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #385
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks again for your help. Can't wait to get there! Only 2 more sleeps, that is if I can sleep tomorrow.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~

Old 10-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #386
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Venomhatch, I just sent you a PM. Thanks for your help. Looking forward to our first stay at POR in February.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
Thanks again for your help. Can't wait to get there! Only 2 more sleeps, that is if I can sleep tomorrow.
No problem to you both it's what w are supposed to do! Can't wait to have you all here at WDW!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #387
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

Wee always bring breakfast to eat in the room. Last time we brought oatmeal and used the hot water from the coffee pot. This time I was thinking cereal and milk. Problem is I can't remember anything about the fridge other than it worked really well to chill water and juices. Would a half gallon fit or should I go down to quarts? We aren't morning people and found that we do better eating in shifts while some are getting ready is more efficient. My other thought is a box of muffins and juice.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #388
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post
Problem is I can't remember anything about the fridge other than it worked really well to chill water and juices. Would a half gallon fit or should I go down to quarts?
Half a gallon carton is fine to fit into the fridge door compartment, or you can fit a gallon onto the main fridge shelf.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #389
castaway3
Second star to the right

Will be there Friday

Can't wait we got the Royal Room Garden View with a great rate for Florida Residents
Old 10-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #390
castaway3
Second star to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNotMuchofaTail View Post
Getting SO excited! 44 days (I think).

I am mostly a lurker on here, I have checked out the POR site, just have a question. This Yehaa Bob show...I assume its a family show, being Disney and all, but do kids really enjoy it? Does he play to all ages? My DD loves live music and shows. Is it easy to come and go if she gets tired, or is it obvious you are leaving before the show is over?

TIA!
YES!!!! Bob is very much a family show..he is great...He plays to all ages and be sure and tell him that his hair looks great
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: