Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #3661
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies about the towels. Guess I will plan on bringing room towels or some beach towels along. I remember the towels specifically being out there one year (Xmas 2010), because I thought it was unusual. We were at the quiet pool near Bldg 25. The following year we didn't stay at POR, but visited some friends there and they were using the pool near Bldg 36 and there were no pool towels. It must just have been a fluke the time we were there. It was kind of nice though...

37 more days! Can't wait!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #3662
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

17 Days!!!!

Online check is done!! We received 32 inches of snow over the weekend, and its snowing again today 2 - 4 inches. I so cannot wait to be in shorts and flip flops.

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #3663
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I'm so glad you had such a great stay!! I was wondering if you had issues with bathroom noise in your room. It looks (based on the maps on portorleans.org) like your room had two river view rooms backing up to it facing perpendicularly (which means the sink/bathroom area would've been up against the wall where your headboards were.) I know we've had issues with bathroom noise (thin walls/LOUD toilet flushing) at Pop, so I wanted to check

Also, you mentioned it being a hike to the food court. We weren't thinking it looked that bad on the map. How long of a walk would you say it is? Thanks, and glad you're feeling better
I think distance is an individual thing. We stayed in Oak manor in room 9080 and the walk just right (maybe 5 minutes) for us, and the PP's room is closer. What is considered a long walk for some is not for others. It's very subjective.

In fact, in the early morning I would walk to the 2nd bridge and go to the main building via Old Man Island. Really enjoyed the walk!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #3664
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

You're welcome, glad I could help.

I said the kids would like AB didn't I? Are they fighting over the murphy bed? Building 16 is a nice location too, close to the quiet pool yet not too far from main building and bus stop (walk round the back way to the South bus stop, through the parking lot, it's really close).

If no one else wants the glow sticks, my DD would love them, and we check in on Saturday 16th so you could leave them at reception for us if that's OK? One of the spare lanyards might be handy too, if they are not all taken - I'm sure there will be lots of interested folks though, so see who PMs you.

Andre
Oh yes lots of arguing about the beds!! DS11 is really tall though so we convinced him that a queen bed all to himself would be more comfortable and DS2 would probably roll off in the middle of the night so that left the other 2 who were VERY happy to sleep on the "alligator beds".

They are all STILL bugging me today about the royal rooms!!! (In a whiney voice) "moommmm, why didn't we stay in these rooms before - they are so much better." Sheesh.

Did the surrey bikes this morning - so nice but hard work when the kids don't pedal LOL

DD did the hair wrap thingy.

Will do the boat to DTD later and see if we can fit in the campfire & movie tonight.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #3665
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Andre, will you be ready because I see us doing this soon.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #3666
zaz
Mouseketeer

Thank you to those that answered my request for room request suggestions! I'll do that when the time comes nearer... However, trip in on April 10th so i could technically check-in now!!! Not too sure what the advantage is though. I'll have to research it!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #3667
Sherrkel
Disney World Dreamer . . . Wish I Could Be At My Home Away From Home . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
DD did the hair wrap thingy.
Hello - I haven't mentioned to my SIL that they do hair wraps - my niece loves having her hair done. Did you have to make a reservation??

POR Grand Gathering Feb. 2013 **CSR Grand Gathering 2011, 2009 & 2007 ** CBR 1995 **Disneymoon 1989

Old 02-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #3668
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Andre, will you be ready because I see us doing this soon.
I'm guessing we'll hit the 250 page mark by Wednesday or Thursday evening, but could be sooner if there's a sudden burst of chatter! I think it'll happen before I get to Florida anyway.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #3669
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrkel

Hello - I haven't mentioned to my SIL that they do hair wraps - my niece loves having her hair done. Did you have to make a reservation??
Our niece was able to just walk up. I don't remember even being able to make a reservation.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #3670
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaz View Post
However, trip in on April 10th so i could technically check-in now!!! Not too sure what the advantage is though. I'll have to research it!
No real reason why not as far as I can see, it just gets a lot of questions and stuff out of the way before you arrive, and lets them know what sort of time you are expecting to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrkel View Post
Hair wrapping/braiding is normally a walk-up thing, located on the marina just outside Boatwright's Dining Hall.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #3671
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

Sorry if I should know this...but could someone post the site for online check In? We are staying at POR- arriving o Friday, Jan 22nd. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #3672
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
Sorry if I should know this...but could someone post the site for online check In? We are staying at POR- arriving o Friday, Jan 22nd. Thanks!
Go into the Disney website; log in, and go to my vacation or my reservations.

An icon will pop up that will tell you that you can do online check-in.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #3673
cad300
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cad300 View Post
Hello everyone, first time POR here, and have some quick questions. My fiance and I are celebrating our engagement for a few days, and we are real pumped to go to POR!! If someone would be so kind to help, it'd be greatly appreciated!!

1. We reserved a king bed room. Any specific requests I should ask for (building location, etc)

2. We booked through Orbitz and I can't seem to find a way to check-in online. If I call POR, will they be able to assist?

3. We plan on hitting up the Wishes fireworks the first night and then head to DTD. How late do the boats run from DTD back to POR??

4. Any special ideas that I can either request from the hotel or Disney in general to get something with the engaged aspect part of the trip? It'd be a nice little surprise for the future bride.

Thanks so much!!
Would anybody be kind enough to help with this?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #3674
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
I don't think they are allowing jan 22nd 2014 yet!!! Do you mean feb 22nd?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #3675
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

250 is getting close

250 is close, hope you can do the new thread before you go Andre. That way you won't have to worry about it while your enjoying your vacation.

We hopefully can make our reservations for May 26-Jun 1 the first part of March, have to wait for DH to be able to make his vacation schedule at the end of Feb. Keeping fingers crossed that after we make reservations we won't have to cancel (had to last year due to DS medical issues). Planning on staying at POR (with or without sale prices), we went last when it was Dixie Landings (1995). Stayed at OKW in 2007, but want to go back to POR.

Love all the information that Venomhatch and Andre have provided. It definately makes me want to stay at POR again.
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: