Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #3631
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I'm looking at the maps on portorleans.org and I'm confused as to where your room was. It looks like 9721 is in Parterre, and is a garden view, not a river view. The movies are shown at Oak Manor, right? So I'm trying to figure out how you were overlooking the courtyard there.
Maybe she meant 9271, which fits the description? If so, that's a lovely location, very convenient for everywhere.

Andre

P.S. Seven pages to go until we hit 250, and six days until I'm at POR... any bets which will come first? Will I perhaps be creating a new FAQ thread from a Royal Room?

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #3632
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Andre~
Are there any corner river view rooms in Magnolia Terrace? Trying to figure out what to request!!

Thanks!

Carla
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #3633
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Maybe she meant 9271, which fits the description? If so, that's a lovely location, very convenient for everywhere.)
Yes and thank you Andre, it was room 9271 and a very lovely location indeed!!!
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #3634
cad300
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone, first time POR here, and have some quick questions. My fiance and I are celebrating our engagement for a few days, and we are real pumped to go to POR!! If someone would be so kind to help, it'd be greatly appreciated!!

1. We reserved a king bed room. Any specific requests I should ask for (building location, etc)

2. We booked through Orbitz and I can't seem to find a way to check-in online. If I call POR, will they be able to assist?

3. We plan on hitting up the Wishes fireworks the first night and then head to DTD. How late do the boats run from DTD back to POR??

4. Any special ideas that I can either request from the hotel or Disney in general to get something with the engaged aspect part of the trip? It'd be a nice little surprise for the future bride.

Thanks so much!!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #3635
melissarose
Mouseketeer

hi everyone!! just got back from POR yesterday, and we had an AMAZING time. could not have dreamed of a better vacation. so many perfect little things fell into place it was unbelievable!

i would like to say a HUGE thank you to venomhatch for his help with my requests! they were all granted, except for the king bed, which i pretty much knew wouldn't be because that is a separate booking category! but we got a second floor, corner room in AB!! it was AWESOME! we were in building 26 and i loved it.

the buses were actually great. we caught it mostly at the west depot, which was usually the first stop so we always got a seat. we never waited more than 10 minutes. the boat to downtown disney was actually the longest line we waited in all week. it took forever to get on, we had to wait through three boats, and then the ride was really noisy, not super relaxing lol. we only took it once.

the weather was PERFECT. couldn't have got a better week of weather. sun shining ever day, warm, omg just beautiful. we totally forgot it was february! thought it was like june!

finally, when we went to fly home on friday our flight back to toronto was cancelled. we ended up going back to disney for a night, stayed at coronado springs (POR/POFQ were full). it was nice enough, the grounds were pretty and the lobby was gorgeous, but in my opinion POR is WAY better. the rooms were fine, but i think they could use a little sprucing up. i know POR was just renovated, but i think coronado could use a little updating in the rooms. anyways, it was nice and i was glad we got to check it out. at least now we know for sure we made the right decision!!!

thanks to everyone on this thread for all your awesome info
Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #3636
DisneyFave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelasu1 View Post
Just got home from a wonderful week at POR, our first time staying there! I have been lurking on this forum for weeks, but could not post, because DD14 thought we were staying at a value resort. She is like a little detective, so I could not mention in any of the forums that we were staying at POR, and even had it in my signature that we were staying at Pop. And it worked! She was totally taken by surprise when I turned into the entrance of POR! I want to thank Venomhatch for the information he gave me via PM about faxing the resort.
That is so adorable! Your daughter is very lucky to have you!

2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo / Pop Century
2013 - Grand Floridian / Polynesian
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
2010, 2012 - Hilton WDW
1996, 1998 - Dixie Landings / Poly
1993 - Holiday Inn

Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #3637
DisneyFave
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to send a big thank you to Andre and Venomhatch for their info on room requesting. I faxed in my 5-day request, and within an hour I got an email from the Room Inventory Mgr saying that he assigned us a corner room, second floor in Bldg 17! Couldn't be happier!

Because of this forum I also learned that I could add on the WPFM option to my 10-day no-expiration pass for such a small cost even after purchasing it from Undercover Tourist. I am SO glad I found this site!!

2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo / Pop Century
2013 - Grand Floridian / Polynesian
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
2010, 2012 - Hilton WDW
1996, 1998 - Dixie Landings / Poly
1993 - Holiday Inn

Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #3638
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
I think today is my online check in day!!! but for some reason its not doing anything when I click on Check-in? I wanted a little disney in our Sunday is it not working for anyone else?
You can check in at 60 days now, right? The reason I ask is that your ticker says you're 2 months and 3 days from your arrival, which I would assume would have to be more than 60 days. If your arrival date is April 11, you should be able to check in today, but if it's later than that, you'll have to wait.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #3639
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

not sure what is up with my ticker, but when I log into the disney site it says 60 days on my reservations page???I think when I made the ticker I didn't have my dates finalized?????
DS (13)
Lily
Old 02-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #3640
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

arrival date is April 12th, and when I log in it says 60 days, then at the area where is says when you can check in is shows 0....weird huh?
DS (13)
Lily
Old 02-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #3641
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Maybe she meant 9271, which fits the description? If so, that's a lovely location, very convenient for everywhere.

Andre

P.S. Seven pages to go until we hit 250, and six days until I'm at POR... any bets which will come first? Will I perhaps be creating a new FAQ thread from a Royal Room?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2princesses2 View Post
Yes and thank you Andre, it was room 9271 and a very lovely location indeed!!!
That is an AMAZING location! Good for you Congrats on a great spot
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #3642
Martyboy08
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
See the info in the first post which covers making faxed requests in more detail now.
Andre
Thanks Andre!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #3643
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread and helped as I planned our trip. Especially Venomhatch for your help with room requests (bldg. 17 was perfect!) and Andre, for your portorleans website too.

We returned from a wonderful 9 night trip and fell in love with the place. My husband, who before we left reminded me that he didn't want to go back to Disney for a while, was planning our next trip days after we got there! He loved POR too!

The grounds were beautiful, the service was great, the food in the foodcourt was good. I had worried about the busses, but they were great as well. Maybe it was just luck but it seemed one was pulling up as we were getting to the depot. We did have a super long wait one night after wishes, but that was my own fault for not following the recommended days!

We enjoyed the quiet pool, main pool, boat ride, hammocks. We only caught a glimpse of yeehaw Bob (was too tired!) and we never made it to the outdoor movies. Maybe next time. The one thing I really liked was the fact that the arcade was tucked away at the end. My kids didn't even know it was there so I didn't have to listen to them bugging to go to the arcade instead of a park! lol

We had 3 adults and 2 children in a room and we had plenty of room for all of our stuff. Housekeeping was good and we had a few towel animals throughout our stay. I have nothing negative at all to say about our experience. It was fantastic and I can't wait for our next trip!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside

Last edited by momof2gr8kids; 02-10-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Because I wasn't finished my post!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #3644
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

We've been back from our incredible 7 night stay at POR for nearly a week now. (Must apologize for my tardiness in posting, but I came down with the flu the day after our return.)

I can only repeat what several others have said about this wonderful resort. It's the only place we'll stay from now on!!

THANK YOU x10000 to Venom for the insider info/pixie dust, and Andre for the vast amount of info that helped me prep.

We were thrilled to receive an upgrade to a RR and were in room 9043 in Oak Manor, with my Mum in the connecting room 9044. Yep, it is a hike to the the food court, but we didn't mind in the least.

The evening movie was shown in the yard right outside our room which was really neat to see as we were coming back from the parks, but surprisingly, it was so quiet that once we were in our rooms, we wouldn't have even known it was happening.

The biggest tip I would give to future guests: Make some time to wander around the resort and take the ferry boat to DTD and back. It brings some much-needed peace and quiet after many busy days in the parks.

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 02-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #3645
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

I have a room question. I am trying to figure out if what I have given as a preliminary request actually exists! We have paid for a river view room. I have requested a top floor room in the mansions........do they exist or are they all royal room?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: