Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #3586
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Call back there has to be something. I am sure that there are a lot of sad New Englanders who are stranded here and will be for some time. Flights are canceled through tomorrow. It is INSANE here. So glad I went for April this time. I hope you find something!

I would love to be stranded in Disney. What a dream especially as I sit here and type this while looking at a blizzard outside my window!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #3587
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

For those like myself staying in a GV Royal Room what building are you requesting? I want something close to the action.... suggestions??
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #3588
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Call again. I can't see there being NOTHING on property with the crowd levels the way they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
Call back there has to be something.
Don't worry folks, magic and pixie dust is what Disney World is all about...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #3589
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Don't worry folks, magic and pixie dust is what Disney World is all about...

Andre
We are going back to POR tomorrow
The magic & pixie dust of Disney was in full effect this morning
My heroes know who they are
Old 02-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #3590
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
I am so HAPPY for you! Congrats!!! Enjoy every extra second as we sit here stranded in 2 feet of snow!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #3591
DisneyFave
Mouseketeer

Best corner rooms in Alligator Bayou?

Hi all!

I was just filling out my fax request for 5 days from now (woooooooo!!!! can't wait!!) and I just realized I don't know which rooms to request in AB. Could anyone shed some light on which rooms are the best? We didn't pay extra for the preferred buildings--just Garden View. I'd like one on the second floor, in a quiet area with a pretty view.

Thanks a ton in advance!!

2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
2013 - Grand Floridian / Polynesian
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
2010, 2012 - Hilton WDW
1996, 1998 - Dixie Landings / Poly
1993 - Holiday Inn

Old 02-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #3592
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Woo-hoo!!! So happy for you.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 02-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #3593
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

looking out at all this snow is making me dream of April and our stay at POR!!!! We are requesting bld 17 in AB, looks like a good spot!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 02-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #3594
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFave View Post
I'd like one on the second floor, in a quiet area with a pretty view.
Then why not simply request "second floor, corner room, in a quiet area with a pretty view" and let them work their magic? That would most likely put you a bit of a walk from the main buildings/bus stop though, so perhaps you might want to suggest buildings 16 or 17 if possible, as those fit the bill fairly well and aren't too much of a walk?

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #3595
DisneyFave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Then why not simply request "second floor, corner room, in a quiet area with a pretty view" and let them work their magic? That would most likely put you a bit of a walk from the main buildings/bus stop though, so perhaps you might want to suggest buildings 16 or 17 if possible, as those fit the bill fairly well and aren't too much of a walk?

Andre
Thanks, Andre! So helpful as always!!

2010, 2012 - Hilton WDW
1993 - Holiday Inn

Old 02-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #3596
cmhguy
Mouseketeer

? on faxing requests...

I'm reading a lot of posts in this thread talking about faxing room requests to POR - I've been told for several years that those don't matter anymore. Yesterday, I read a comment somewhere that POR is the only resort that still accepts and processes them. Is this true? What's the real deal? ...and most importantly, what's the fax # - how do I make this happen? I can find an old general fax # but not sure if it's the same one.

We have a King room and would love to stay in the mansions. ???? Insight from those in the know? thanks!!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #3597
DisneyFave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhguy View Post
I'm reading a lot of posts in this thread talking about faxing room requests to POR - I've been told for several years that those don't matter anymore. Yesterday, I read a comment somewhere that POR is the only resort that still accepts and processes them. Is this true? What's the real deal? ...and most importantly, what's the fax # - how do I make this happen? I can find an old general fax # but not sure if it's the same one.

We have a King room and would love to stay in the mansions. ???? Insight from those in the know? thanks!!!!
The only question I can answer is that the fax is 1-407-934-5777 ... good luck though!!

2010, 2012 - Hilton WDW
1993 - Holiday Inn

Old 02-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #3598
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhguy View Post
I'm reading a lot of posts in this thread talking about faxing room requests to POR - I've been told for several years that those don't matter anymore. Yesterday, I read a comment somewhere that POR is the only resort that still accepts and processes them. Is this true?
Well I can't speak for the other resorts, but the Room Allocators at Port Orleans definitely DO read faxed requests, and do their best to help when they can.

As for hints and tips on how to do it, well the FAQ in the first post would be a great starting place, as would www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php.

Andre

Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #3599
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Have a fabulous time, I hope you get to spend some of it just enjoying being back at POR too.

It'll be nice to try another section too - you did the Royal Rooms before, and now you've got the slightly different adventure of Alligator Bayou to explore. I love the lush landscaping there, and the more relaxed, informal feel to the quiet pools. And the kids will adore the fold-down bed!

Andre

Old 02-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #3600
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

I have a client booked in a Preferred room. She uses a scooter and needs to be on the ground floor. I called Special Services to put in this request and the CM told me it doesn't matter because the buildings have elevators . So I explained to her that only Magnolia Bend buildings have elevators and my client will be in Alligator Bayou which doesn't have elevators. She said "Sir I just checked and all buildings have elevators". I told her she needs to check again. She put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back she said she called the resort and had them make a note of the request. I just smiled and said thank you. Oh brother.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: