Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #3556
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

What time in the morning do the boats to DTD start running? And how often?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #3557
tink68
Mouseketeer

Just heard from David Elg and he was able to move us from Royal Riverview to Alligator Bayou Riverview Building 14. I am so excited!! Thank you so much Venom for your help. 5 more days!!
Sheri

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #3558
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Well, thanks again to the helpful front desk, we were able to extend our stay until Sunday Very grateful. We plan to just relax and enjoy the resort, and visit DTD, over the next two days. No parks. It's been pretty packed all week, so getting away from the crowds and having some down time will be nice.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #3559
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Well, thanks again to the helpful front desk, we were able to extend our stay until Sunday Very grateful. We plan to just relax and enjoy the resort, and visit DTD, over the next two days. No parks. It's been pretty packed all week, so getting away from the crowds and having some down time will be nice.
Yippee!

It will just be tough to know what is waiting at home for you!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #3560
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Excellent. Great place to be stranded. We are expecting 24-30+ inches.
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #3561
snubie
DIS Veteran

Does anyone happen to have the food court song on video? You know the one the staff sings and dances to every hour... the song drove Dh batty and now he is singing it all the time to drive me batty. I looked on youtube but did not find it.
April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
Old 02-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #3562
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I don't know the exact measurements (sorry) but I'm pretty sure that the entrance door widths are exactly the same in regular and accessible rooms, so I think you should be OK.

Andre
Thanks Andre.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #3563
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
What time in the morning do the boats to DTD start running? And how often?
According to http://www.portorleans.org/ferryboats.php, they start at 10:00 and run every 20 minutes until 4:30, then every 10 minutes until 11:00.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #3564
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie
Does anyone happen to have the food court song on video? You know the one the staff sings and dances to every hour... the song drove Dh batty and now he is singing it all the time to drive me batty. I looked on youtube but did not find it.
Lol... I have been singing it periodically since we got back too! I had no luck on YouTube either...
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #3565
jacobjennasmom
Earning My Ears

Question about buildings

Hi,
I am very new to posting on here. I've been reading posts for over a year when we planned our first trip a year ago. We stayed at All Stars last year and are staying this year at Port Orleans!

My question is this, my family of four are traveling with my parents. We have reserved a Royal Room for us and my parents are staying in a regular room. We have not made any request because I don't know anything about doing that. Will we be in separate buildings or is that something I should be requesting that we be put in buildings at least near each other? I think from what I've read the Royal Rooms are in two of the buildings and the other buildings are just the regular rooms. I would like to be somewhat near them if at all possible.

Thanks for any help you can give me! We are so excited to be staying here on our next trip!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #3566
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobjennasmom View Post
Hi,
I am very new to posting on here. I've been reading posts for over a year when we planned our first trip a year ago. We stayed at All Stars last year and are staying this year at Port Orleans!

My question is this, my family of four are traveling with my parents. We have reserved a Royal Room for us and my parents are staying in a regular room. We have not made any request because I don't know anything about doing that. Will we be in separate buildings or is that something I should be requesting that we be put in buildings at least near each other? I think from what I've read the Royal Rooms are in two of the buildings and the other buildings are just the regular rooms. I would like to be somewhat near them if at all possible.

Thanks for any help you can give me! We are so excited to be staying here on our next trip!
Welcome from another Michigander! Link your two reservations and ask for your parents to be placed in the Magnoila Building and for your Royal Room to be in the Oak building. (Some people have even received some pixie dust when requesting this with the second room being upgraded to a Royal Room also.)
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #3567
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

One more sleep! We arrive tomorrow, can not wait!! I want to say thanks again to Venom and Andre for all your help! I want to say this before the thread was closed, before 250 pages and I was worried it would close before my trip but it looks like I made it! Reading this thread became a part of my nightly routine before bed over the last few months and it really helped to keep me excited about our trip!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #3568
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

Last question, what is a good time to check in? We are driving and I am just curious if there is a particular busy time to avoid?

Old 02-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #3569
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
Last question, what is a good time to check in? We are driving and I am just curious if there is a particular busy time to avoid?
Mid-morning to mid-afternoon can be a bit busy, but there can be sudden blips when ME drops off a load of guests at one time. Basically just check in whenever you arrive. If you've done Online Checkin that should help as even when there's a line it should move fairly quickly.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #3570
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

So sad

We loved our stay @ POR and have 2 nights left in Orlando (we are staying offsite right now) so i called Disney to see if we can get back in for the rest of our stay and NO ROOMS available . Nothing at all. Not even at any other resort.

I was not expecting that. I figured we probably wouldn't get a Royal Room again but never thought it would be 100% full at this point in the year

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: