Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #3541
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Can you believe our flight for.tomorrow night has been cancelled due to the snowstorm at home and we're trapped here?

Working on getting a room now. Hope we can be extended!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
You're probably flying in to Newark, but have you considered Philly or AC? We're only supposed to get rain here and maybe a dusting of snow. It might be cheaper than a room to get a car service to take you to the airport if that's where you left your car or home if you didn't. Or, maybe a family member or friend could pick you up.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 02-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #3542
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

We got our flight changed - but nothing was available till Sunday. So we're trying to get another day added to our reservation... hopefully that will work out. But honestly, we just spent a good 3 or 4 hours of today (my birthday, mind you) dealing with this and we're going to Jiko now to enjoy the rest of the day.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #3543
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
We got our flight changed - but nothing was available till Sunday. So we're trying to get another day added to our reservation... hopefully that will work out. But honestly, we just spent a good 3 or 4 hours of today (my birthday, mind you) dealing with this and we're going to Jiko now to enjoy the rest of the day.

Happy Birthday!!!... Sorry it turned on you like this!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #3544
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy Jiko and I hope everything works out ok. I'd offer to pick you up in Philly and take you to Clifton, but that's waaaayyyy far up the NJTP. LOL Hope the next couple of days are great for you!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #3545
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
I definitely want to check out yee-hah bob
You can find videos on YouTube. I checked it out because I wanted to see if it was something that would be worth letting the kids stay up even later. We skipped it because it seemed a little too... ADHD for me. It was exhausting just watching him. I didn't watch the whole video or see him live, so I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully I'll have a chance to catch him on another trip to see for myself if I like it.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #3546
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

If you're around the resort on Tuesday lunchtime, the cast members put on a fun mini-parade of decorated pargo carts for Mardi Gras, see www.portorleans.org/mardigras.php for info and some photos of previous years.

Andre
Thanks we will try to check it out!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #3547
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

We arrived yesterday and the resort is just lovely! Our room was ready when we arrived at 11:30am, even with the complimentary upgrade! We have a beautiful 2nd floor corner room in building 14. I can't believe how quiet it is! Our view is into a garden/courtyard type area. Thanks again to Venom for the room request assistance and to Andre for this thread!

MK was packed today. We overheard a CM saying that it was much busier than expected and he had no idea why. We noticed a lot of groups, mostly teens. We took an afternoon break and really enjoyed the POR pool. My 7 and 5 year olds loved the waterslide. My 4 year old tried it once and that was enough for him. DH brought lunch over from the food court and we ate it at the tables in front of Muddy Waters overlooking the pool. That was nice.

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #3548
sammsma
Earning My Ears

We are expecting up to 24" of snow in the next 36 hours. I wish I was at POR already!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #3549
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all your kind replies and birthday wishes!

Our current status is officially "probably" as far as whether or not they can book us for another night... so we have to wait and see at this point. At least we're good until Saturday -- and hopefully until Sunday, too. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #3550
AmyandMichael
Mouseketeer

I know that several of our high schoolers at church are at Magic Kingdom today along with several others for a big band workshop. I believe they were expecting a couple thousand high schoolers. On that note. I can not wait until March. Im at work getting ready to make my packing list for princess's 5th birthday at Disney

Read our family's adoption story at www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com
Old 02-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #3551
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammsma View Post
We are expecting up to 24" of snow in the next 36 hours. I wish I was at POR already!
Stay safe! I've still got 265 days to go and it can't get here soon enough. I dream about POR daily.....

Old 02-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #3552
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Our current status is officially "probably" as far as whether or not they can book us for another night... so we have to wait and see at this point. At least we're good until Saturday -- and hopefully until Sunday, too. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Glad you're sorted and can at least make some plans now. It's so much better knowing that you're stuck there til Sunday, rather than waiting on a call from the airline which might ask you rush off to the airport at short notice. Now you're resolved to it, you can at least make the most of being stuck now.

I'm sure they'll sort you out that extra night - if they've got a guest who is unable to get away, even if they are otherwise 100% full I suspect they would be more likely to try to upgrade an incoming guest to another resort before they would throw you out on the street.

Oh, and Happy Birthday - even if it wasn't quite the way you planned it!!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 02-08-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #3553
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
We arrived yesterday and the resort is just lovely! Our room was ready when we arrived at 11:30am, even with the complimentary upgrade! We have a beautiful 2nd floor corner room in building 14. I can't believe how quiet it is! Our view is into a garden/courtyard type area. Thanks again to Venom for the room request assistance and to Andre for this thread!

MK was packed today. We overheard a CM saying that it was much busier than expected and he had no idea why. We noticed a lot of groups, mostly teens. We took an afternoon break and really enjoyed the POR pool. My 7 and 5 year olds loved the waterslide. My 4 year old tried it once and that was enough for him. DH brought lunch over from the food court and we ate it at the tables in front of Muddy Waters overlooking the pool. That was nice.
Glad you got here just fine and you were in fact taken care of with so much pixie dust.

Quote:

Nice to see you seem to start to have a handle on this "Extended" stay. Sorry your birthday was spent stressing it.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #3554
zaz
Mouseketeer

POR Royal Room : what to request?

Hi!

I think we are set. Going to WDW in April, and booking a Royal Room at POR. In the room will be me, my DD5, and my 2 parents.

Should we ask for Oak Manor? (I've seen some people ask for it, but not sure why as both places with Royal rooms seem to be besides each other).

Should we pay the Garden view? I think my parents will like it and it fits within our budget. Is it worth it?

Thank you.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #3555
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:

Please upgrade your ticket ASAP to add extra days if needed. I thought there was a rule about not being able to do it once all the entitlements are used.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684
This will give all the details.

Hope Jiko was great and Happy Birthday!!

(We got stuck in WDW in Feb 2000 but it was AFTER we left WDW. When we left on the Mears bus, our flight was on time. By the time we arrived at MCO our home airport was closed. We ended up at a Best Western near the airport. It was NOT fun. I am SO glad you get to stay on site! )
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: