Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #3391
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

We anticipate arriving around noon on Wednesday and the first thing the kids want to do, even before heading to Epcot, is swim. If our room is not quite ready, is there somewhere we can change at the main pool area? We'll have our swimsuits in our carryon backpacks.

Is the River Roost "live entertainment" I see listed under recreation Wed - Sat that Yee Haw Bob show that I've been reading about on here? I see they have drinks at River Roost - anything non alcoholic for the kids? Any (vegetetarian) snacks?

Thanks!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 02-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #3392
TK27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
We anticipate arriving around noon on Wednesday and the first thing the kids want to do, even before heading to Epcot, is swim. If our room is not quite ready, is there somewhere we can change at the main pool area? We'll have our swimsuits in our carryon backpacks.
I believe I read that tere is a changing room, shower and lockers area beside the pool bar.

As to your other question, I don't know. Sorry!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #3393
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:

Is the River Roost "live entertainment" I see listed under recreation Wed - Sat that Yee Haw Bob show that I've been reading about on here? I see they have drinks at River Roost - anything non alcoholic for the kids? Any (vegetetarian) snacks?
There are changing facilities by the main pool (next to the Muddy Rivers bar) with showers and lockers. Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if your room was ready when you arrive anyway (have you done online checkin to let them know your arrival time?)

Yes, "Ye Haa" Bob plays at the River Roost Lounge Wed-Sat. There are plenty of drinks suitable for the kids there (My DD and I both love the Orange Burst smoothies that they do at the pool bar, which you can also get at the lounge). There are some snacks available in the lounge, but no one will mind if you bring some stuff over from the food court which is just along the corridor.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #3394
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
There are changing facilities by the main pool (next to the Muddy Rivers bar) with showers and lockers. Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if your room was ready when you arrive anyway (have you done online checkin to let them know your arrival time?)

Yes, "Ye Haa" Bob plays at the River Roost Lounge Wed-Sat. There are plenty of drinks suitable for the kids there (My DD and I both love the Orange Burst smoothies that they do at the pool bar, which you can also get at the lounge). There are some snacks available in the lounge, but no one will mind if you bring some stuff over from the food court which is just along the corridor.

Andre
I did do online checkin and a fax with our early arrival info. and heard back that we were upgraded to a preferred room on the 2nd floor in the corner but were told it might not be ready at our early arrival, so I just want to be prepared to take the kids swimming. We would much rather take that room over an early check in for another.

Good to know about the drinks and snacks - thanks! We are planning an early night on Friday after AK and were thinking we might do that.

Thank you, Andre, for this fabulous thread. As I think I mentioned before, we've only stayed off-site as a family and when we decided to do this trip the Stay/Play/Dine deal was a better deal than staying off-site and since there are 5 of us we just ended up at POR - I really don't think we could've picked a better resort if I had researched it! I don't think we will want to return to off-site after this!

February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #3395
AlexandAndysMom
Mouseketeer

3 weeks people!! My kids are getting so excited and so are we! I think I'm ready, I added the pack and play and ground floor to the reservation with our TA, now to send in that fax requesting a closer building

Thank you for all the time and love that has been put into this thread and the others! Andre, you are amazing!
10/2010 for MNSSHP with DH, DS (8), and DS (3)
4/2011 Surprise Birthday and Graduation Trip!!
2/2013 Baby's First Trip!
2/2014 Cause we can!--And it was FUN!
10/2014 Who doesn't love Trick-or-Treating with the Mouse?!?!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #3396
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did do online checkin and a fax with our early arrival info. and heard back that we were upgraded to a preferred room on the 2nd floor in the corner but were told it might not be ready at our early arrival, so I just want to be prepared to take the kids swimming. We would much rather take that room over an early check in for another.

Good to know about the drinks and snacks - thanks! We are planning an early night on Friday after AK and were thinking we might do that.

Thank you, Andre, for this fabulous thread. As I think I mentioned before, we've only stayed off-site as a family and when we decided to do this trip the Stay/Play/Dine deal was a better deal than staying off-site and since there are 5 of us we just ended up at POR - I really don't think we could've picked a better resort if I had researched it! I don't think we will want to return to off-site after this!
Did you specifically request a corner room?We booked preferred and I'd like to request top floor, non parking lot view but think adding corner and close to main building might be a bit much!!!! Just curious! maybe I don't need to worry about close to main building as possible if I have already booked preferred.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #3397
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Did you specifically request a corner room?We booked preferred and I'd like to request top floor, non parking lot view but think adding corner and close to main building might be a bit much!!!! Just curious! maybe I don't need to worry about close to main building as possible if I have already booked preferred.
We had booked a garden view room. I requested an early (noon) check in, close to the food court (we did not book preferred). I then asked if there might be any extra pixie dust for a corner room on the second floor. The reply was for an upgrade to a preferred room (I believe they are all close to the food court) with a corner room on the second floor BUT possibly the room not being ready at noon. We are thrilled! I think if you are already preferred then you wouldn't need to ask for a room close to the main building. Good luck!

Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #3398
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can someone direct me to instructions on how to send an online fax? We don't have a land line and my dh was not in his regular work office today so he couldn't do it there and we are 5 days out.

I did a google search and found this: http://faxzero.com/ so am wondering, can I just use that?

Thank you so much!
I also don't have easy access to a fax machine. Has anyone else used this online fax service?
I can take a drive to the copy place in town if needed though.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #3399
ThreeKMom
DIS Veteran

Car's packed, and we are on our way!

POR here we come!!!

Love & Pixie Dust
Old 02-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #3400
POROct2013
Mouseketeer

I don't have a question, I just want to say that this thread is making me even more excited for our trip (which isn't until October). As much as our daughters are going to love everything about WDW, they are going to love POR as well. We booked a Royal Guest Room - River View which we are sure they'll love. They will both be celebrating their 7th birthday (they are twins) while we are there so this is going to be a magical birthday!! I just wish it would get here already!!

Thanks for all of the great information!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #3401
jennyjones78
Earning My Ears

We changed our reservations from CBR to POR for April. We are so excited!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #3402
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I also don't have easy access to a fax machine. Has anyone else used this online fax service?
I wondered the same thing since the previous poster was replied to through PM. Is it something that can be posted on here, or not? Thanks!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #3403
C&B Young
Twitter @CanaDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I've read a lot of good feedback about this one: http://www.gotfreefax.com
Haven't used it personally though.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #3404
Teddie
Earning My Ears

So excited!

Just received a confirmation email from Mr. Elg that our requests had been granted! I started screeching and my mother and dh thought something was wrong because I was so excited!
Thanks so much for all the help, we leave Tuesday!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #3405
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
Just received a confirmation email from Mr. Elg that our requests had been granted! I started screeching and my mother and dh thought something was wrong because I was so excited!
Thanks so much for all the help, we leave Tuesday!
Good to hear so I am going to do the bacon dance.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: