Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #3316
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Thank you Venomhatch!!!

I had faxed my room requests and heard back from very nice David Elg almost immediately with the wonderful news he upgraded us to a river view corner Royal Room from a standard Royal Room arrived today and was so happy that all of our requests were filled!

We arrived today and WOW!! We, especially our DDs, LOVE the Royal Room and the location and view are amazing!!! POR is just as lovely as we remembered.

Also, thanks to Andrew for this incredible thread and his website!!
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #3317
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2princesses2 View Post
Thank you Venomhatch!!!

I had faxed my room requests and heard back from very nice David Elg almost immediately with the wonderful news he upgraded us to a river view corner Royal Room from a standard Royal Room arrived today and was so happy that all of our requests were filled!

We arrived today and WOW!! We, especially our DDs, LOVE the Royal Room and the location and view are amazing!!! POR is just as lovely as we remembered.

We love to be of help as I know I only hope everyone's experience is as magical as it can be!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #3318
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful time!!! We check in 3 weeks from tomorrow

It really is a beautiful place! We were last at POR in August of 2010. On our 2nd last day my 6 year old really wasn't feeling well. We spent the day in the room and took him to the quiet pool thinking that would perk him up a bit. It didn't. He was sitting on the deck with his feet in the water and slumped over. I don't ever remember that kind of panic before. Sadly my strongest memory of POR is running through the lobby with my husband carrying him and going out to meet the van to take us to Centracare. He was moved by ambulance to the hospital from there, and then to the Childrens hospital after the night in Emerg. There was an infection in his appendix.
I do remember going back to pack up when we had to leave and going to buy him a stuffed Bolt from the gift shop. The lady working there asked us how our stay was and I hadn't slept and was so worried and I started to cry. She went in the back and picked him out some pins and gave me a hug and told me to tell him that Disney would be there when he was well again. What a sweet woman.

Sounds like a sad story but in the end he was ok.. and we made it home. Now we get to go back to POR and make better memories.
I am really looking forward to it and surprising the kids with a Royal Room.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #3319
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2princesses2 View Post
Thank you Venomhatch!!!

is this for all guests? i thought only cl faxed their requests in?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #3320
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
is this for all guests? i thought only cl faxed their requests in?
All guests of POR are welcome to try!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #3321
princessap
DIS Veteran

thanks. Was anyone successful in getting good discounts with the deals released? thinking of adding on a royal room as a surprise! but cannot get good price
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #3322
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

We leave in one more week! I've read every post on this thread and I am looking forward to 7 nights at POR! I will start picking this weekend, the weather sounds awesome but I'm not sure if I should pack shorts or athletic pants for my son or just bring a jacket for morning and evening?

Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #3323
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
thanks. Was anyone successful in getting good discounts with the deals released? thinking of adding on a royal room as a surprise! but cannot get good price
The BB offer was 30% off but certain dates only applied. You should have a BB offer in your check in literature. Maybe someone can check the date you want and if it is at all possible to add just one day for the discount. You had to call a BB number with the code to check the price. The resort itself told me they can only add one day to the original booking (if that is the case) but they cannot quote BB discounts or take BB bookings.

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #3324
OttawaON
Earning My Ears

Question about checkin after fax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
You can do the check in if you want. But don't set the room preferences now at the bottom since you put in and heard back about your request.
So, I sent my fax as directed on Tues, but I didn't hear anything back. Should I still checkin online or just wait in line when we get to POR? We are arriving in POR Sat around 11AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 AM   #3325
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hineline07 View Post
I've seen post before about a campfire, do they still do this or only during colder weather?
All year round, the starting time varies depending on time of year though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I'm guessing since we are going during FD that we will end up in a mansion room. I may pay for a preferred room just to end up in ab. We are only a family of 4.
On average, you are more likely to be placed in Alligator Bayou as there are twice as many rooms there as there are in the mansions. Just because the AB rooms can sleep five doesn't meant that they leave most them empty if there aren't 1,024 families of 5 staying at the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Thank you all for making me think I'm not crazy ... My family is always itching to run to the parks, and I'm like, "Wait, I have to wipe down the drawers and remote first!"
The jury might still be out on the crazy bit, but at least you're not alone anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
1. I saw a picture somewhere in my immense internet travels of Princess Tiana at POR. Was that a promo/staged pic or is there any reality of her actually being there at some point?

2. Does each building/elevator have a luggage cart that we can use from the parking lot to our room? We are driving so no need for them to check or handle our bags, just want to be prepared with how many trips to the car and how heavy to pack those bags.
The Tiana photos were for PR use, characters don't generally visit the resorts on a regular basis I'm afraid.

If you've got a lot of bags you might want to drop them off at Bell Services when you check in anyway, and they can bring them right to the room for you - especially if you end up in one of the more inaccessible Alligator Bayou lodges on an upper floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
How is it that this place gets more & more beautiful every day you are here?? I seriously do NOT want to leave!!
We did try to warn you. See the first line of my sig...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisikitabasket View Post
Ok I think I will just skip online check in I don't want to mess it up plus we are going to be there very early in the morning so the lines usually isn't long for regular check in so we will just do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaON View Post
So, I sent my fax as directed on Tues, but I didn't hear anything back. Should I still checkin online or just wait in line when we get to POR? We are arriving in POR Sat around 11AM.
No reason to avoid online checkin, but maybe don't select any extra requests after you've already had a faxed request acknowledged. Otherwise, OLCI just saves you a bit of time at the desk (and it might save you even more time at the desk fairly soon... watch this space ).

My general advice would be to do OLCI first - including basic requests, credit card payment info, arrival times, etc. Then you can send a more detailed faxed request later (3-5 days out) if you wish. You get the best of both worlds that way.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #3326
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

POR fax number???

Hello Port Orleans Riverside thread!!! I finally get to ask something about this resort since it will be our first time stay ing at POR!!!!! We are very exctied to try a new resort for our short trip. We actually got married at Disney December 8, 2012 and have finally booked our Magic Kingdom/Epcot Bridal Portraits for May 11th!!! These photoshoots are exculsive to Disney brides and grooms and are done starting at 6:00 am in the mornings before the parks open.

Anyways... to get on with my question... What is POR fax number? We are trying to send in our requests (like we did for our wedding/honeymoon trip as well), but I cant find the fax number anywhere.

Thanks for your help!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #3327
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
What is POR fax number? We are trying to send in our requests (like we did for our wedding/honeymoon trip as well), but I cant find the fax number anywhere.
It's in the very first post of this thread.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #3328
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaON View Post
Ill PM you in 30 mins.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #3329
Teddie
Earning My Ears

Online check in

I also sent in our fax Tuesday and have not heard back, was going to wait until tomorrow to do online check in since other members if my group (2 room reservation with in laws) are getting antsy to check in. Should I just go ahead with the check in now? We actually arrive Tuesday mid morning. I will be stoked with any room since this is my first trip as well as most of the people we are traveling with, was just trying to get a close room to the main buildings since we have older people in our group. Thanks!
Teddie
Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #3330
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

It's in the very first post of this thread.
Oh got it thank you!!!!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: