Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #3256
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

wondering

just wondering, can you get a king bed room and also put a double air mattress in it or does it have to be a single mattress?
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #3257
Talli16
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539
just wondering, can you get a king bed room and also put a double air mattress in it or does it have to be a single mattress?
King room is max 2 and one under 3.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #3258
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Magnolia BEND is the general area with the four mansion buildings, Magnolia TERRACE is the name of one of those four buildings. You're right, it's confusing!

The mansions have three floors in the middle section (by the elevators) but two floors in the rest of the wing areas - see the floorplans I mentioned for full details. We were talking about the mansions as you asked for upper floor with an elevator, and the Alligator Bayou lodges do not have elevators (and they can also be a little more remote) but they are still very nice. From what you've said, I think the mansions might be a better fit for yours needs though.

Yes, I do run portorleans.org, glad you've found it useful. I've got to do an update on the River Roost menu - but don't forget that it's perfectly OK to bring food in with you from the food court, it's only just along an open corridor. I would suggest getting your drinks in the Lounge itself though, as you will be taking up one of their tables and it's only fair.

Andre
Ah, that clarifies it! I'll request magnolia bend then since either of them look nice! And non ground floor.

So cool to know I can bring food court food in the lounge!!! I absolutely plan on buying my drinks there but if their menu is limited, I'll bring in something. Thank you for letting me know!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #3259
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Just checked in today. Thank you Venomhatch! With your advice, we got the area we wanted.

The resort is absolutely beautiful! Food court was great. Make your own pasta was delish and quite large!

Now if only our luggage would arrive so we can unpack and get settled in before tomorrow ...

Thanks everyone for all your great advice on this thread! Looking forward to enjoying the tranquility of the resort after our hectic days in the parks!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #3260
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I have no issues with 2 bedded rooms its just that I don't do a thing with the other bed!
I always travel solo and I use the other bed for my suitcase.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #3261
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

What kind of coffee maker is in the room? We always bring coffee but I just wanted to make sure it's a regular coffee pot and not a k cup?

Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #3262
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

A couple of threads that were posted on the DIS Blog today, in case you did not see them:

Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #3263
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

I know the answer to this is "how long is a piece of string" but can anyone give me a best guesstimate of how busy check-in might be at about 00:30?
I have tried every trick to do online check-in to save a little bit of time but have had no luck, and I know my boys are going to be totally exhausted by the time we arrive so I want to prepare myself (& them!) for a long line if there is a chance that there will be one!!

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #3264
AmyandMichael
Mouseketeer

Staying in POR for a week and my daughter will be celebrating her 5th birthday. My MIL lives in Orlando. Can she visit POR? Can she take the boat with us to DTD? Any suggestions? Maybe she can eat at POR with us?

Read our family's adoption story at www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com
Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #3265
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
What kind of coffee maker is in the room? We always bring coffee but I just wanted to make sure it's a regular coffee pot and not a k cup?
It's a Cuisinart pod style. Not Mr Coffee or K-cup. Like individual flat filtered pouches.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #3266
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
A couple of threads that were posted on the DIS Blog today, in case you did not see them:

This stuff is great .... 95 days out and my heart HURTS to be there !
Old 01-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #3267
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
It's a Cuisinart pod style. Not Mr Coffee or K-cup. Like individual flat filtered pouches.
Oh no, so i guess that means I can't bring my preferred coffee?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #3268
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well I guess I can make my own pods when I get there but I don't think I will do that...

Old 01-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #3269
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
Just checked in today. Thank you Venomhatch! With your advice, we got the area we wanted.

The resort is absolutely beautiful! Food court was great. Make your own pasta was delish and quite large!

Now if only our luggage would arrive so we can unpack and get settled in before tomorrow ...

Thanks everyone for all your great advice on this thread! Looking forward to enjoying the tranquility of the resort after our hectic days in the parks!
Glad to hear you made it and are where you had hoped to be.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 AM   #3270
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
I can't tell you how many times I whacked myself in the head with the stick that opened and closed the curtain between the sink area and the main part of the room.
LOL, you too! I'm always doing that, I'm glad it's not just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhuff8181 View Post
I wanted to let everyone here know that Andre's room request fax letter works! ... Thank you Andre and Mr. Elg. What is the best way to thank Mr. Elg?
I feel that it's only fair to credit Venomhatch for his fax template; I wrote the general FAQ on the subject (www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php) but all the fax specific magic is Venom's.

You can always reply to David Elg's email to thank him for his help (he really does go way over and above the level of service you get at some of the other WDW resorts) but I would suggest that you also send a letter to the Port Orleans General Manager (either by fax or even better to the resort's postal address) or send an email to the WDW Guest Relations dept. Cast member appreciation is highly valued within Disney, so if you ever feel that someone has been particularly helpful then it's a really nice idea to let Disney know in writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
You probably could, but as maximum occupancy for King Bed room is only two people then any kind of extra bed might raise some awkward questions when housekeeping attend the next day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
I know the answer to this is "how long is a piece of string" but can anyone give me a best guesstimate of how busy check-in might be at about 00:30?
It will most likely be deserted. The only slight blips that occur at that time of night are when a Magical Express bus arrives, but even then it usually only drops off a couple of people at that sort of time. This panorama was taken at around that sort of time of night in August, spot the person: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2012-6436-pano360.swf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandMichael View Post
Staying in POR for a week and my daughter will be celebrating her 5th birthday. My MIL lives in Orlando. Can she visit POR? Can she take the boat with us to DTD? Any suggestions? Maybe she can eat at POR with us?
No problem at all, anyone can visit POR pretty much whenever they want. She just needs to let the security gatehouse know that she is visiting someone staying at the resort, or even just popping by to take a look at the place. There is plenty of parking space. No one will worry about her using the boat, eating at the restaurants, or doing anything else there. The only thing that would technically be frowned upon would be to use the swimming pools, but given that you'll all have keycards anyway, no one would be any the wiser if she wanted to join in with the rest of you.

Quote:
Nothing at all to stop you, but whether it can be used in the supplied coffee maker depends on how it happens to be packaged. You can always use the machine just to create hot water for adding to your own coffee powder of course.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 01-31-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: